Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smaller F2P MMO with a decent community?

TecknicTecknic Member Posts: 458

I've been hopping between F2P games recently, and I've begun to notice that I tend to get chased off by trashy communities.  Goldsellers and hackers and n00bs and the like.  So I'd like to try to find something smaller, less well-known, with a fairly good community.  The game mechanics don't really matter much at this point, I'm pretty flexable in that regard.

Any suggestions?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Playing: Nothing
Played: Champions Online, CoX, STO, PSO, WoW, lots of free-to-play crap
Looking Forward To: DC Universe Online, Blade and Soul

Comments

• TecknicTecknic Member Posts: 458

Any at all?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Playing: Nothing
    Played: Champions Online, CoX, STO, PSO, WoW, lots of free-to-play crap
    Looking Forward To: DC Universe Online, Blade and Soul

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

I'd say Ghost, but it just came out so there's not much content.

• ZodiaEclipseZodiaEclipse Member Posts: 100

I'm trying out Requiem right now and so far I haven't had any trouble with the community. There are gold spammers starting to show up, but usually you just ignore them and go about your business. It's surprisingly complete feeling for a F2P and has an interesting story. It's certainly not the next big thing, but I'm pretty happy with what I've seen of it so far and the people I've grouped with up to now have all been helpful and decent gamers.

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

Hi,

I think I know a good MMORPG for you, I used to play it when it was still in closed beta. The game is Florensia and at the moment the game is free2play. The game has a great community, if you need to know something just ask something on the forums and a lot of great people willing to help you.

In game there are 2 sorts of combat on is the land-combat, where you just fight monster on land. The other one is the naval-combat where you have to fight with your crew on your boat, so I suggest you give Florensia a try.

• ragnarokekragnarokek Member Posts: 134

ive recently tried these:

LGP online (legend of the golden plume)

nostale online

small but decent community. f2p and havent encountered any gold spammers yet.

but dunno if cutesy 2d/2.5d iso graphics is your cup of tea.

• Iceman32Iceman32 Member Posts: 80

Smaller?

Less well known?

F2P?

Decent community?

You should check out Magic of the Gods.

Games played:

Runescape -------------- www.runescape.com
    Magic of the Gods ------ www.magicofthegods.com
    Saga of Ryzom ---------- www.ryzom.com
    World of Warcraft ------- www.worldofwarcraft.com

• BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

Watermargin is a smaller game, and  Gekkeiju Online is a smaller game with a nice closenit adult community. And the game itself isnt bad, I had a good time : )

Hi,

Bellah, I must say I had never heard of Watermargin before but it looks quite decent. I wonder howcome so little people are talking about it. I might give Watermargin a try. It seems like you really found a game with a tiny community :).

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

rubies of eventide i guess..

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• ZodiaEclipseZodiaEclipse Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by Iceman32

Smaller?
    Less well known?
    F2P?
    Decent community?

I hope they are paying you.

• BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

Is he still going on about that game? its only open 2 hours 2x a week, once its open more...Ill be there!

But, please stop suggesting it without giving out that tid bit of info!

• ragnarokekragnarokek Member Posts: 134
    Originally posted by ZodiaEclipse

Originally posted by Iceman32

Smaller?
    Less well known?
    F2P?
    Decent community?

I hope they are paying you.

yeah he is getting just a little bit annoying promoting his game. a game that you can rarely get into. even private servers can stay online longer. oh well, he may be one of the devs of the game. but thankfully his game is not listed on the gamelist. i hate to see another false hype/rating like what happened to "shadow of legend" wherein the devs created numerous mmorpg.com accounts and then made their games rating very high.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Actually, Ryzom is free now. Damn good game, if you can get past the "alieness" of it. Deep, complex, and very good community. One of the few sandbox games left out there.

And of course since it was developed and run under a P2P model for a long time, the quality of the game doesn't suffer as most f2p games tend to.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I can say without any doubt the Ryzom has the best community i've ever seen in this genre but from what i remember the game is only free untill the end of october?

I totally agree, I started playing this weekend and the players are so freaking helpfull, if you want to add me, my IGN is phatpete, see you ingame :).