Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Democrats insult our intelligence suggesting we can't perform basic math

2»

Comments

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952
    Originally posted by deviliscious

My future is secure. I live below my means. I have no "debt".  I am against this bailout because it is fraud. Those that supported it have LIED TO US. They are in this for their personal gain, that is it. They don't give a rats behind about american jobs, business or what happens to these families, all they care about is what is in it for them, and what it means for them. Kaptur was right, You disagree with her? These people need to be prosecuted not "bailed out" and the help that we give needs to be to the people that were victims of this fraud. We can build new companies, we can rebuild our economy, but we need to do it without the people who caused this mess and are only trying to cover up what they have done. Hell there are so many unemployed right now, I am sure we can find some responsible people to step up to do this right. We just need to stop looking to the people who betrayed us to find a solution and put our futures, our economy, our jobs into the hands of someone who is responsible enough to keep them safe rather than those who gambled them all away. covering a tower that is destined to fall with bandaids does not fix the tower, it needs a strong foundation.

/golfclap

Good post and I agree 100%.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Dekron

My future is secure. I live below my means. I have no "debt"

That is how I feel. If people lose their homes and their assets for overextending themselves, then that is their problem. Not mine.

And that is why you fail. Though im with u also we as a majority of americans have lost the will to help others in need. We ignore the problem and hope it will solve itself. Its the media of today that has done this to us.

But as to you not caring, you don't mind that we put our country into more debt with the war in iraq believing democracy will happen in the middle east while they are having a surplus in revenue. The money for the war in iraq could "fund" this "bailout" you so fear yet your not so strong about the money being WASTED in iraq. There is no change going on in Iraq yet you dont mind paying this ridiculous pricetag because somebody said terrorists are there. I think a failed economy is a TRILLION times worse then what any damn terrorist act could accomplish. Unless thats the terrorists plan. Have them waste all there money chasing us in a country in which they will never find us till they spend all there assets and have nothing.

Considering how much the Dow was up today, I would say that it's not as big as a disaster as they were trying to make it out to be. Now I know that some are saying that the reason for the Dow's rise today is because of "hope that the bailout plan will succeed" but come on.

Just by saying "There's going to be a disaster!" is enough in itself, to make the Dow drop like crazy.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by Slythe

Considering how much the Dow was up today, I would say that it's not as big as a disaster as they were trying to make it out to be. Now I know that some are saying that the reason for the Dow's rise today is because of "hope that the bailout plan will succeed" but come on.
    Just by saying "There's going to be a disaster!" is enough in itself, to make the Dow drop like crazy.

Fear tactics 101.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Goldknyght 
    And that is why you fail. Though im with u also we as a majority of americans have lost the will to help others in need. We ignore the problem and hope it will solve itself. Its the media of today that has done this to us.
    But as to you not caring, you don't mind that we put our country into more debt with the war in iraq believing democracy will happen in the middle east while they are having a surplus in revenue. The money for the war in iraq could "fund" this "bailout" you so fear yet your not so strong about the money being WASTED in iraq. There is no change going on in Iraq yet you dont mind paying this ridiculous pricetag because somebody said terrorists are there. I think a failed economy is a TRILLION times worse then what any damn terrorist act could accomplish. Unless thats the terrorists plan. Have them waste all there money chasing us in a country in which they will never find us till they spend all there assets and have nothing.

That is why I fail at what? There is a difference between caring for others and holding others accountable for their actions. Why should I be responsible for one who has no fiscal responsibility?

As for the war, I never supported it. I never once said I thought we should go. I did, however, say that it should be finished properly and not play cut and run.

I really do not care if democracy happens in the Middle East. It will never happen. Democracy is against the fundamentals of Islam. They can eliminate each other for all I care.

I think a failed economy is a TRILLION times worse then what any damn terrorist act could accomplish. Unless thats the terrorists plan. Have them waste all there money chasing us in a country in which they will never find us till they spend all there assets and have nothing.

That is, in fact, their plan. Do you not recall Osama bin Laden stating he will win by bankrupting the US like they did to Russia in Afghanistan?

I really do not care if democracy happens in the Middle East. It will never happen. Democracy is against the fundamentals of Islam. They can eliminate each other for all I care.

Why should anyone care about that? I agree with you, I mean why would we want a Democratic ally in the Middle East? What for? That's the question I want to know.

If we really DID invade Iraq to install a Democracy there, why did we do that? Who cares about the Iraqi people? (No offense to them.) There are plenty of countries out there that could use our help, but we just happen to pick one that has one of the largest oil reserves in the world? Puh-lease.

Why should anyone care about that? I agree with you, I mean why would we want a Democratic ally in the Middle East? What for? That's the question I want to know.

If we really DID invade Iraq to install a Democracy there, why did we do that? Who cares about the Iraqi people? (No offense to them.) There are plenty of countries out there that could use our help, but we just happen to pick one that has one of the largest oil reserves in the world? Puh-lease.

It's the only reason. Securing oil was their goal. I can live without oil. And yes, I know how many products use oil and I know how many byproducts are created from oil.

I can walk or ride a bike. I can grow or hunt my own food. I can generate my own electricity. Oils is the bottom of my needs list.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654
    And that is why you fail. Though im with u also we as a majority of americans have lost the will to help others in need. We ignore the problem and hope it will solve itself.

If someone gambles their future against a chance, and then looses all of their money, they aren't "others in need." They're idiots who took a chance and lost. The banks got greedy and the people who bought homes with mortgages they couldn't afford got greedy. They were banking on quick money, took a chance, and failed.

I would no sooner want to help these people then I would the person who bets their house on a single card game because they've been having a lucky streak.

• skyrockstockskyrockstock Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Faxxer

I fully understand what this bailout is for, it is "supposed" to prevent  a global meltdown. But the problem is the way they are going about it it will not only not prevent a global meltdown, it will leave many of our citizens out to dry and homeless. Their plan benefits those in congress who have much to lose from this, and are backed by these failed companies. There are other ways to go about stablizing the economy just they do not want to consider them.

Well if what you say is true and that this bill will benefit the people in congress then the bill would of passed right? I could bet a majority of them care about themselves right now then you i would think to get the bill passed if thats what you believe.

LOl that isn't just what I belive it is true! Pelosi has more to lose than anyone in congress right now. look into the finances of those that voted for the bill, those are the people that were allowed into the "closed door sessions" and they threw everyone else out  and expected them to sign it anyways "because they said so" Look at what both republicans and democrats said was happening during all of this, they are telling the truth.  Even democrats with nothing to lose here stated that  their friends in congress were enemies of the republic. What happened according to the "other senators" the ones that do not have personal interests stake here:

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

your two videos are so damning to the democrats...they have to be gearing up for a major media blitz with their lib friends in the press to lie and smear this into the republican's fault zone... typical.

I'm amazed how many people use CNN only or NYT only as their opinion litmus.  in a land of blind people the one eyed man is king.

Media Blitz and lib friends lol that is so funny and true. Today, I heard they got Billy Joel. Ya know, he is on his third  marriage now. She is 27 he is 55 and he is a  graduate of Betty Ford Clinic too. Can not leave out the famed Bruce Springstein imo should have been born some where other than the U.S.A. You know, the wife beater.

Way to go for supporting the women issues Obama. A couple of stand up gentlemen you have there. Now all you women, you be sure to vote for him he looks to be connecting with you real well.

They are going to perform at Obama's last tour of the tri-states I think Oct. 16th, no telling who else they will have to sucker the masses, did I say that, well great day in the mornin, I guess I did.

• NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756

*Begins to knock at the door of common sense, Knock!, Knock!* Watch the news in the last few months?  An oil contract from Iraq went to China.

As for the bailout I'm glad it failed.  Middle class money shouldn't be transfered to corporations that misrepresent the value of their loans or raise interest rates greedily which results in people losing their homes.

Edit: To address the thread title Democrats have been trying to say they were more intelligent for years.  Yet Republicans like Sean Hannity use more logic in their debate than the more abstract Democrats do.  If it's anything it's Republicans who use more logic flow than the opposition. 

To make my point clear it's different ways of thinking for both sides.

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

Originally posted by Narug 
    *Begins to knock at the door of common sense, Knock!, Knock!* Watch the news in the last few months?  An oil contract from Iraq went to China.

That deal was originally set up while Saddam was in power, they just revamped it after we invaded there.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

The Dow has very little to do with what is about to happen to the economy. The job loss will snowball as the credit cruch tightens. It's absurd to think you can escape this economic crisis simply because you have no personal debt. The people you work for have debt. The banks they borow from have debt. The country that backs them has debt. It's a strawman market that will grind to a halt as credit freezes.

Losing some portfolo value pales in comparison to the massive amounts of layoffs that will ensue unless some capitol isn't injected into the market.

• TheFranchiseTheFranchise Member Posts: 241
    www.youtube.com/watch
    www.youtube.com/watch

Impressive.