Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: WoW Miniatures Game Coming Nov 11

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Upper Deck has announced that the World of Warcraft miniatures game will be released on November 11th.

North Las Vegas, NV—On Tuesday, November 11, you can finally hold the power of Azeroth in the palm of your hand! On that date, Upper Deck (UD) will release the long-awaited World of Warcraft Miniatures Game. Available in four-figure Starter Sets and three-figure randomized booster packs, the World of Warcraft Miniatures Game features amazingly detailed figures and innovative, engaging game play. Visit WoWMinis.com for a hobby store near you!

Each of the 66 figures available in the World of Warcraft Miniatures Game reflects the imagery and style of the popular World of Warcraft online game characters. And some fan-favorite characters have even been made into Minis, including Leeroy Jenkins, Warchief Thrall and Varimathras. Each miniature can be mounted on a uniquely engineered, removable base, allowing it to serve as both a game piece and a standalone collectible.

The World of Warcraft Miniatures Game four-figure Starter Set offers everything two people need to play right out of the box, including Upper Deck’s pioneering detachable bases (dubbed the UBase™), a Beginner’s Guide, custom dice, and a game map. The Starter Set also includes character cards describing each figure’s attacks and abilities, as well as interchangeable Action Bar cards for an extra layer of customization. The booster packs feature 3 randomized figures, complete with their associated cards.

In addition to offering the best quality figures in the pre-painted miniatures market, the World of Warcraft Miniatures Game booster packs provide players with a sample pack of cards from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, which might include a Loot™ card from the upcoming Drums of War expansion. These rare cards give players access to exclusive cosmetic in-game upgrades for their online World of Warcraft characters.

Read more here.

Comments

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

hrrmmm ..copy Warhammer some more? I don't see the point as in Blizz can now buy the US national debt.....and bail out wall street at the same time

*shrugs*   might be a good idea, and fun who knows

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

If you like Wow, why would you play the silly card game or this new minatures game?  Makes no sense to me, but I am sure they are making money off of it.

• williamstomewilliamstome Member Posts: 12

yeah, seems like they're trying to copy Warhammer to make up for the loss they're gonna take from it...

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

lol...way to steal more ideas wow!!!!

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587
    Originally posted by Szark

Upper Deck has announced that the World of Warcraft miniatures game will be released on November 11th.

the World of Warcraft Miniatures Game features amazingly detailed figures and innovative, engaging game play.
    In addition to offering the best quality figures in the pre-painted miniatures market

innovative my a$$, they will slap the WoW figures into a system that makes up the basic gameplay of every miniatures game out there.  slap in 1 or 2 different rules and market it as 'new and different'.

this will no doubt make them some nice cash from those people who just cant have enough of the game.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• TolmoTolmo Member Posts: 102

As much as this is copy is still like it

• miichaelmiichael Member UncommonPosts: 174

if they were not prepainted I would be interested..due to getting into the painting minature hobby I recently started up...

but prepainted.. bah

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Picture of the rogue miniature:

Pretty huh?

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

I suspect this is more like a hero-clicks type minature game and nothing like old school minis games with handbooks filled with dice roll charts and tables.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by williamstome

yeah, seems like they're trying to copy Warhammer to make up for the loss they're gonna take from it...

So Games workshop created minitures.. hum interesting.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

To the above poster: Yeah just like blizzard created MMOs nice try. Sadly your sarcastic insult fell flat.

On another note I think this is more to go with the card game and the success of that and less to do with Warhammer.. although now the two games War adn WoW will be competing in several different markets which is kinda interesting. Warcraft and Warhammer should just make a baby and call it Hammercraft and life will be at peace again.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

I just have to sit back and chuckle at all the WAR trolls desperately trying to rationalize their blind hatred of this product simply because it has the "World of Warcraft" label stamped on it.

Did you know Dungeons & Dragons has a miniatures game? How about the Battletech series? I'm pretty sure there's a set of superheroes miniatures and a set of miniatures based on the Magic: the Gathering lore too.

My point is, it's possible that not every move Blizzard makes is a direct attempt to circumvent/undermine/attack Warhammer or Mythic. Warhammer is simply not that big of a threat to WoW, and you guys are kidding yourselves to think that Blizzard cares at all what Mythic does.

Besides, these miniatures have been in development for (if I remember correctly) around 3 years now.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by Hrica

hrrmmm ..copy Warhammer some more? I don't see the point as in Blizz can now buy the US national debt.....and bail out wall street at the same time

*shrugs*   might be a good idea, and fun who knows

How are they copying warhammer when wizkids also makes minatures, its good to give fans of their games different products.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by Aethios

I just have to sit back and chuckle at all the WAR trolls desperately trying to rationalize their blind hatred of this product simply because it has the "World of Warcraft" label stamped on it.
    Did you know Dungeons & Dragons has a miniatures game? How about the Battletech series? I'm pretty sure there's a set of superheroes miniatures and a set of miniatures based on the Magic: the Gathering lore too.
    My point is, it's possible that not every move Blizzard makes is a direct attempt to circumvent/undermine/attack Warhammer or Mythic. Warhammer is simply not that big of a threat to WoW, and you guys are kidding yourselves to think that Blizzard cares at all what Mythic does.
    Besides, these miniatures have been in development for (if I remember correctly) around 3 years now.

Yeah this needs to be quoted again, and WAR people stop talking smack about WoW, you hate it when people trash WAR so stop acting the same way.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by natuxatu

To the above poster: Yeah just like blizzard created MMOs nice try. Sadly your sarcastic insult fell flat.
    On another note I think this is more to go with the card game and the success of that and less to do with Warhammer.. although now the two games War adn WoW will be competing in several different markets which is kinda interesting. Warcraft and Warhammer should just make a baby and call it Hammercraft and life will be at peace again.

exactly.. thats my point... oh never mind.