Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa: Deployment 13 Details

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

NCsoft has published information of what's to come in Deployment 13 for Tabula Rasa, with details focusing on the command system.

In D13, we introduce the first "roll out" of the Command System, previously named the Minion System (sounds better now doesn't it?). Below, QA Extroidanaire, Dev_Harleyquin, explains how to use this system while it is on PTS. And for those that don't want to wait to check out a sneak peak of a certain new feature in D13, we've included a spoiler screenshot below.

Command System

Subordinates are AIs that are associated with a master who is a player. They include pets, mission NPCs , and devices such as turrets. There are a few general rules that can be applied to most subordinates.

* Offensive subordinates will prefer to attack hostile targets

* Healing subordinates will prefer to heal their master

* Movement or repositioning will generally take priority over other actions

* Player controlled subordinates will teleport with their masters, but not change maps

Read more here.

Comments

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Broken link. How long does it take for these to refresh?

• SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The link  has been fixed.

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

Therefore peoples thoughts are what?

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Amazing. NCsoft completely negates the wants and needs of their player community by giving them something that is not only difficult for new players to figure out, but adds more complexity to a game that was supposed to be a fast "run and gun" playstyle.

The reason people left the game was because the development team not only failed on their promises (Mechs, anyone?), but slowed the game down to the point where it wasn't even the same game we all fell in love with in the first place. Before, they made mobs more powerful and more numerous, and now we have to micromanage NPC's? The more they slow the pace of the game, the less their playerbase will become interested.

This patch is full of more "ideas" we never wanted and none of what we've been asking for. Bring back the old Tabula Rasa, and I may consider coming back. As for now, this game has become too slow and dull to be considered a "shooter". Such potential, such a good launch, only to be crushed by the weight of confusing feature creeps and a lack of direction.

• GilwenGilwen Member UncommonPosts: 48

Slow? How come having an option (note an option) to control the help you have in field, slowing your game down?

I myself like the idea that I can give fast commands to the NPC's following me, instead of pulling my hair out and wondering why they act so stupidly. This will no way make the game "harder" for new gamers as they won't have these permanent NPC's until they no longer are new gamers (first ones come at level 15, so they are not no longer newbies in game).

As it is, the game is fast paced and fast leveling. The mobs are usually too easy and only real challenges are when you get dozen or more of them at same time. But it goes ok, with the pace of the game. Game is something that is fun to play once in a while, when you just want to shoot something up.

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

@Stellus:  Ask Anet how adding heroes "ruined" Guild Wars' sales and ruined the game.  Their sales broke 4 million and five million soon afterward.

A problem in this game, and others, is what to do when you need an extra man for a mission, and clan mates aren't available.  This works out well for that.  You control the type and style play of the character, which gives you what you need for a given situation.  It will also make available areas at a lower level than without an extra man available.

They are actually expanding their player base by appealing to those who like to socialize, but also enjoy soloing many missions.  Maybe being part of NC West, with Jeff Strain's influence, willpay off with other dividends!

- Mesmers are your friends