Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Obama wins first debate

2»

Comments

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Still undecided, neither really stood out.

All this hateful garbage doesn't do anything. 

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952
    Originally posted by Dekron

Originally posted by SioBabble
    his total lack of any integrity or honor. 

Yes, let's base his integrity and honor for not showing up on Letterman and simply ignore his integrity and honor he earned while in uniform.

While I agree with you that no one could really question his integrity or loyalty to the USA, he shouldn't have canceled Letterman. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who would base his vote off of anything that trivial, but it did make him look bad by doing it. But then again, it's just a night time talk show. If he had canceled the debate then THAT would have been huge.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306
    Originally posted by Slythe

While I agree with you that no one could really question his integrity or loyalty to the USA,
    I would have been in total agreement of this statement before the Palin selection. Choosing Sarah Palin as a running mate was extremely unpatriotic in my view.
    he shouldn't have canceled Letterman. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who would base his vote off of anything that trivial, but it did make him look bad by doing it. But then again, it's just a night time talk show. If he had canceled the debate then THAT would have been huge.
    Oh the irony of canceling Letterman:
    People tune in to Letterman to see McCain on the show and instead they get Letterman blasting McCain for 10 minutes.
    Just another blunder by the McCain camp. I'm starting to think their strategy may be to desensitize us to their stupidity.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by DailyBuzz

Originally posted by Slythe

While I agree with you that no one could really question his integrity or loyalty to the USA,
    I would have been in total agreement of this statement before the Palin selection. Choosing Sarah Palin as a running mate was extremely unpatriotic in my view.
    he shouldn't have canceled Letterman. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who would base his vote off of anything that trivial, but it did make him look bad by doing it. But then again, it's just a night time talk show. If he had canceled the debate then THAT would have been huge.
    Oh the irony of canceling Letterman:
    People tune in to Letterman to see McCain on the show and instead they get Letterman blasting McCain for 10 minutes.
    Just another blunder by the McCain camp. I'm starting to think their strategy may be to desensitize us to their stupidity.

How was it unpatriotic to select Palin? And, the only people who watch Letterman for politics are ones that know nothing about politics. It's like turning to Jon Stewart for real news or political analysis.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Falice

McLiar is a coward.

If McCain is such a coward why did he refuse to leave the other prisoners of war  when they offered to let him go? I am sorry he may be alot of things but that man is no coward. He refused to leave any man behind, that takes alot of courage. What do you think Obama would have done in the same position?  I am in no way saying McCain is perfect, but his courage is not something anyone should question. I don;t think that man is afraid of much, now he may not always make the best decisions, but that has nothing to do with courage.

How was it unpatriotic to select Palin?

Was McCain putting country first? Or, was he putting campaign first?

Originally posted by Fishermage

We know for sure he's terrified to face David Letterman.

yeah considering he announced on letterman and has only been on the show like nine times.

And even though letterman was upset about him being "snubbed" by McCain, he also during that same show said there is alot to be said about McCains true character, and praised him for being a "true American Hero." He told the story of how McCain left no man behind before he went into his poking fun and ranting about being snubbed.  That is what he is supposed to do, he is Letterman lol.

• squeaky1squeaky1 Member Posts: 172

Letterman is pissed.  Justifiably so.

And people should care why?

Because (unfortunately) a lot of Americans form their opinons based on what they see on late night talk shows.

McCain blowing off Letterman with an outright, demonstrable lie is futher evidence of both his tone-deafness and his total lack of any integrity or honor. 

And there we have it, the official Obama campaign talking point.  McCain is 'dishonorable' because he doesn't perform the way liberals want him to.

Robots...

- How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

- I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

That is the thing about McCain, He very well may have been putting the country first in his thought process, we all know he is unpredictable. Maybe he views Palin as an outsider, an "average" American, and viewed  as her to being  one of the people vs all of the other choices as being  corrupted by the current system. Do I think she is bright enough to run this country? No, I crack up everytime I see her interviews.. I mean I am thinking she was drunk or something when she was talkin about alaska,  and  while she was discussing economics I couldn;t stop laughing to even remember what she said, and then  at the end her sitting up all proud and giving the "mhmmm that's right" was just too much. I dunno maybe this country ahs been run by evil doing polititians long enough and we need to hand it over to comedians lmao!  McCain is like a human superball, he bounces around so much you never know what to expect from him, maybe he thought this to be funny.. who knows?!! lol

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

I would say a bit of both. But, Obama supporters would say that of any candidate McCain chose.

I can't understand why Obama is trying to push the "change campaign" when they are anything but. He is directly responisble for much of this mess we are in right now. He used to be a lawyer prosecuting banks for not doing enough of these "faulty loans" . Him and his supporters, and his "pet projects" helped cause this mess, but we want to give them absolute control over  it when they have already had a democrat congress for the past how many years?!!  Look what they have done to this country already? riding the backs of the poor  to only line their pocketbooks and put them in a worse situation than they were before they had" his help" . It is truely disgusting. Are they so naive to believe his lies over what is actually happening to this country, and what actually caused this? I hope not. I hope the American people actually open their eyes and educate themselves on why this happened and who is responsible and that we hold them accountable to the full extent of the law.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    Originally posted by deviliscious

I can't understand why Obama is trying to push the "change campaign" when they are anything but. He is directly responisble for much of this mess we are in right now. He used to be a lawyer prosecuting banks for not doing enough of these "faulty loans" . Him and his supporters, and his "pet projects" helped cause this mess, but we want to give them absolute control over  it when they have already had a democrat congress for the past how many years?!!  Look what they have done to this country already? riding the backs of the poor  to only line their pocketbooks and put them in a worse situation than they were before they had" his help" . It is truely disgusting. Are they so naive to believe his lies over what is actually happening to this country, and what actually caused this? I hope not. I hope the American people actually open their eyes and educate themselves on why this happened and who is responsible and that we hold them accountable to the full extent of the law.

Obama makes George Bush look like a saint.

*agrees* but see the people are so blinded by his light they can't look directly at him to see what he as done, noo they must close their eyes to it and turn away saying " nooo it can't be true!!" lol

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

*agrees* but see the people are so blinded by his light they can't look directly at him to see what he as done, noo they must close their eyes to it and turn away saying " nooo it can't be true!!" lol

Yeah but what do you know? You were a libertarian representative in high school!

And I voted for Ron Paul in 1988! I must be crazy....

How dare we speak out against the Annointed One! We must be careful, lest he send his brownshirts after us:

www.puma08.com/2008/09/16/germany-1939-or-america-2008-with-obama-its-hard-to-tell/

www.chicagotribune.com/chi-080916-obama-wgn,0,4104167.story

jimunro.blogspot.com/2008/09/fascist-obama-tactics.html

jimunro.blogspot.com/2008/09/more-obama-fascism.html

Ahhhh...can you feel the Hope??? He's ushering a new kinda politics all right...

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546

Yeah but what do you know? You were a libertarian representative in high school!

And I voted for Ron Paul in 1988! I must be crazy....

How dare we speak out against the Annointed One! We must be careful, lest he send his brownshirts after us:

www.puma08.com/2008/09/16/germany-1939-or-america-2008-with-obama-its-hard-to-tell/

www.chicagotribune.com/chi-080916-obama-wgn,0,4104167.story

jimunro.blogspot.com/2008/09/fascist-obama-tactics.html

jimunro.blogspot.com/2008/09/more-obama-fascism.html

Ahhhh...can you feel the Hope??? He's ushering a new kinda politics all right...

you forgot this WGN one.

http://wgnradio.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44034&Itemid=240

I am truly amazed the left isn't called on all these facist tactics. They have called Bush "Hitler" for 7 years and the real facist are the ones they are supporting.

We must attack this guy who is attacking the people who attack him!

You people slay me, seriously. If it weren't so funny it'd be frightening.

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546

We must attack this guy who is attacking the people who attack him!
    You people slay me, seriously. If it weren't so funny it'd be frightening.

huh?