Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YES!! House Congressman Stand up for us.

2»

Comments

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Im not blindly faithful to any party, like i said in the rest of that post, i think all of them need to be investigated in depth, every member of congress, and all of the guilty parties be removed and flushed.
    There is a clear amount of corruption in politics and people were willing to laugh it off and ignore it , as long as it didnt affect their day to day lives, now it is catching up too the country and citzens.and now it is finally unacceptable.
     And no matter what side of the fence they sit on, democrate, republican, everyone is in the green party, as everyone has a price at which their integrity can be bought.

I am not blindly faithful to any party either. Yes I know they are all crooks. Now just to sort out which of them are "less crooks " than the others. Yes we have a few honest ones, I say we prosectute the rest to the full extent of the law. If that includes our current presidential candidates, so be it, we need honest ones anyhow.  Unless we do we will never have a country that is true to the people. We need to make examples of these guys ( and gals) to let every one who ever tries to do this again know that No one is above the law, especially it's leaders.

• skyrockstockskyrockstock Member Posts: 71

I have lived nearly half a century and have never used credit once.

I also have never understood how an institution possessing one dollar will automatically equal ten dollars to loan someone who has nothing.

It would be hard for those who make credit their livelihood if the mess that was created in 1913 that allowed the printing of paper out of thin air was to crash. That was one of the first open ended taxes our Congress gave us. Since then it's been one tax upon another claiming the legislation was for the benefit of the people. Look at Social Security. Nothing but a pyramid scheme that has been robbed from the day it was created.

Businesses don't need credit, they need investors and if Congress did not legislate hedging, naked shorting, the sale of shares you never possess then companies worthy of an investment would not be in jeopardy for lack of Capital.

Here is who put banking into the hands of the Government and out of the hands of the people.

"Aldrich fought for a private bank with little government influence, but conceded that the government should be represented on the Board of Directors. Most Republicans favored the Aldrich Plan,[5] but it lacked enough support in the bipartisan Congress to pass.[6] Progressive Democrats instead favored a reserve system owned and operated by the government and out of control of the "money trust", ending Wall Street's control of American currency supply.[5] Conservative Democrats fought for a privately owned, yet decentralized, reserve system, which would still be free of Wall Street's control.[5] The Federal Reserve Act passed Congress in late 1913 on a mostly partisan basis, with most Democrats in support and most Republicans against it."

And now 8 years since 1913 and 10 trillion dollars later it is all Bush's fault.

You all deserve what you get. Worthless paper. I suppose you all thought a progressive democrat was some new movement when in actuality they are simply returning to their roots to rob you.

Because I won't be effected, because I will never use credit, I don't really care. As far as I am concerned the whole mess can hit skid row and everyone that lives off credit with it

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406
    Originally posted by skyrockstock

I have lived nearly half a century and have never used credit once.
    I also have never understood how an institution possessing one dollar will automatically equal ten dollars to loan someone who has nothing.
    It would be hard for those who make credit their livelihood if the mess that was created in 1913 that allowed the printing of paper out of thin air was to crash. That was one of the first open ended taxes our Congress gave us. Since then it's been one tax upon another claiming the legislation was for the benefit of the people. Look at Social Security. Nothing but a pyramid scheme that has been robbed from the day it was created.
    Businesses don't need credit, they need investors and if Congress did not legislate hedging, naked shorting, the sale of shares you never possess then companies worthy of an investment would not be in jeopardy for lack of Capital.
    Here is who put banking into the hands of the Government and out of the hands of the people.
    "Aldrich fought for a private bank with little government influence, but conceded that the government should be represented on the Board of Directors. Most Republicans favored the Aldrich Plan,[5] but it lacked enough support in the bipartisan Congress to pass.[6] Progressive Democrats instead favored a reserve system owned and operated by the government and out of control of the "money trust", ending Wall Street's control of American currency supply.[5] Conservative Democrats fought for a privately owned, yet decentralized, reserve system, which would still be free of Wall Street's control.[5] The Federal Reserve Act passed Congress in late 1913 on a mostly partisan basis, with most Democrats in support and most Republicans against it."
    And now 8 years since 1913 and 10 trillion dollars later it is all Bush's fault.
    You all deserve what you get. Worthless paper. I suppose you all thought a progressive democrat was some new movement when in actuality they are simply returning to their roots to rob you.
    Because I won't be effected, because I will never use credit, I don't really care. As far as I am concerned the whole mess can hit skid row and everyone that lives off credit with it

Amen bro, i also will survive, a willingness to work honestly and a strong back will always be neeeded.

Let the credit markets collapse and the ship sink, some will swim to safety.

• xDarcxDarc Member Posts: 211

I don't see how voting against this bailout is standing up for us.  We can live without credit, but we can't live if the dollar becomes worthless after foreign investors pull out of the market, call us out on the trillions of dollars we owe them and place us in default.

It's a global economy now, if nobody wants to deal in dollars, we're screwed.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I think the first writing was autrocious.  It included earmarks, and no oversight to get repayment.  I think this one that was just shot down was better but not there.

They are right, it is a bi-partisan effort.  A bi-partisan effort to kill this bill.

Hate to break it to you but the democrat political policy is to make things look worse then they really are.  They get thier votes by making an overall gain in the economy for the last 8 years yearly look like the next great depression.

Pelosi blamed Bush, but for once Bush was on the ball on this and tried to get resolution during his first term.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Cleffy

I think the first writing was autrocious.  It included earmarks, and no oversight to get repayment.  I think this one that was just shot down was better but not there.
    They are right, it is a bi-partisan effort.  A bi-partisan effort to kill this bill.
    Hate to break it to you but the democrat political policy is to make things look worse then they really are.  They get thier votes by making an overall gain in the economy for the last 8 years yearly look like the next great depression.
    Pelosi blamed Bush, but for once Bush was on the ball on this and tried to get resolution during his first term.

Yea I find it Ironic that Pelosi uses Bush as a scapegoat. I am starting to think that is the only reason she protected him fromm impeachment. SHE did that, just so she could blame everyting she was responsible for on him lmao!.. And here I thought I was the devil hahaha!

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Yea I find it Ironic that Pelosi uses Bush as a scapegoat. I am starting to think that is the only reason she protected him fromm impeachment. SHE did that, just so she could blame everyting she was responsible for on him lmao!.. And here I thought I was the devil hahaha!

No No No your Deviliscious ;p

I wish they would all have voted yes so we coulda goten a full fresh congress.

Cleffy wth happend to Cleffy2?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• gator64gator64 Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Isnt that what politicians always do? blame each other for the fuck up they BOTH contributed to?

Kinda like a husband and is wife arguing who left the stove open when they go to sleep while the whole house is burning around them.

"There no I in team but there a WE in weapon." -Thoragrin Oxenhide

• TheFranchiseTheFranchise Member Posts: 241
    Originally posted by xDarc

I don't see how voting against this bailout is standing up for us.  We can live without credit, but we can't live if the dollar becomes worthless after foreign investors pull out of the market, call us out on the trillions of dollars we owe them and place us in default.

The bailout is a worthless bandaid.  The dollar will only stay strong if junk like this is kept away from it.  The biggest scam in the history of the United States, The Federal Reserve, keeps creating money out of thin air and does a fine job of devaluing the dollar on its own.  As usual, Ron Paul is one of the only sane voices in a sea of corruption.

The truth keeps coming out about this bailout package.  I can't find the article at the moment, but there's a new one where the secretary of financial something whatever said they didn't use any special method to get to 700 billion, only that "they wanted a big number."  What the heck?  The article also has something about, "If the golden parachutes aren't included, some companies may not go for the bailout."  So these supposedly bankrupt bozos now need to be enticed to take taxpayer money.  It's just a big scam.  I would expect no less from my government.

Oh yeah, Section 8.  For that single paragraph to not be on the evening news every single day is appalling.  Section 8 is basically "We can do what we want and no one can review it ever."  Just absurd.  Whoever put that into the bailout bill should be fired from whatever job he holds immediately.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    Originally posted by Gorair

i dont know if they actually stood up for us , or just realized that voting "YES" when 8 out of 10 americans said "no way in hell" means they dont get to sit in congress anymore come next election.
    But we are about to elect the guy who is trying to take some credit for helping write this flop anyway go figure.

That's the flaw of democracy.

It encourages our leaders to pursue short term intrests over long term ones.

They sold you out to save their jobs, just as you would sell them out rather than pay extra taxes now and have pensions, jobs and mortgages in the future.

Short term planning FTL.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    Originally posted by TheFranchise

Originally posted by xDarc

The bailout is a worthless bandaid.  The dollar will only stay strong if junk like this is kept away from it. 

The Dollar isn't strong. It's been really weak for a couple of years now. A historical low even. It was at a record low even before the Credit Crunch.

@Xdarc, you can live fine if the dollar collapses. The global economy work just the same whatever currency it operates in. If your currency hyperinflates, just use someone elses.

And yes you can live without credit. Foriegn or domestic, but you can't live as well.

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982

Originally posted by baff

That's the flaw of democracy.
    It encourages our leaders to pursue short term intrests over long term ones.
    They sold you out to save their jobs, just as you would sell them out rather than pay extra taxes now and have pensions, jobs and mortgages in the future.

Short term planning FTL.

That's why originally the People did not elect senators: they were appointed by a vote from each state's respective legislature. This is also why the term of a senator is six years as opposed to two: the House was supposed to be more reflective of the will of the People and the Senate was intended to remain free of the direct influence of the People and to take a longer view of things. The destruction of State Power as a check to Federal Power also destroyed this set up, among other things.

• TheFranchiseTheFranchise Member Posts: 241
    Originally posted by baff

Originally posted by TheFranchise 

The bailout is a worthless bandaid.  The dollar will only stay strong if junk like this is kept away from it. 

The Dollar isn't strong. It's been really weak for a couple of years now. A historical low even. It was at a record low even before the Credit Crunch.

Exactly.  The dollar is not strong because junk like this and the scammers at The Fed keep destroying it.  This bailout is a short term solution (if that) for a long term problem. 

The one-minute speech House videos around here in a thread or two show the ridiculousness.  Ah, here they are:

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch