Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of coming back

The current mmos on the market realy dont do much to hold my interest much, and i keep remembering the days in FF when things actualy took effort to acomplish.

That being said I'm thinking about buying the game again and starting over (my EX gf decided to "play" the game but realy just wanted my account access in order to sell my account and destroy the game discs), but I am wondering is the game still extremely dificult to play without high lvl help or ppl to give you a head start?

Comments

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by LongGone

I am wondering is the game still extremely dificult to play without high lvl help or ppl to give you a head start?

The game was never extremely difficult to play without high level help. High level help just makes it easier to play.  Yes, a head start makes things easier but i started out small and have done quite well as a casual gamer of 2 years.  The key thing is to level your character to when you can get to the dunes and when in party, pay attention to people in the party.  If there's some that you like ask how their LS is.  Shop around for a good LS and you pretty much get instant friends and high level characters who probably wouldn't mind in helping a new player out.

After you get further in the game you'll meet more and more people and probably have a few LS's.  However, i am biased, i love this game and the community is the strongest you'll find in any game out there.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

The current mmos on the market realy dont do much to hold my interest much, and i keep remembering the days in FF when things actualy took effort to acomplish.
    That being said I'm thinking about buying the game again and starting over (my EX gf decided to "play" the game but realy just wanted my account access in order to sell my account and destroy the game discs), but I am wondering is the game still extremely dificult to play without high lvl help or ppl to give you a head start?

Yeah it's still difficult. Can have extremely long wait times for parties most days if you don't level one of the staples. A lots changed depending on when you left but it's still a stereotypical Asian style grind game. I did a good 5 year stint but eventualy just got tired of it about 6 months ago. It definetly isn't solo friendly and parties can be few and far between. took me 2 years to get my full relic knucks lol for mnk.

• CoyoteturkeyCoyoteturkey Member Posts: 102

With the new level sync system, I get groups almost instantly and I play on Bismarck, currently i'm leveling a beastmaster up with my wife, at lv 67 so far. Come back, look forward to see ya out there.

• LongGoneLongGone Member Posts: 12

i was exiled about 3 months after the promathia xpac hit so i have been gone along time, I'm mostly worried that the game has changed so much that I will be totaly lost. I remember the grind well thats what i miss realy is the challenge of haveing to "work" to get stuff not whine in a forum till the company gives everyone things for free. I managed drk/rdm/war all past 60 and my lowest was 23wht but the account was deleted when i reported it hacked to playonline and said i didnt want it back (love makes you do stupid things). maybe this week ill hit ebgames i think i saw the game there, or maybe ill just buy it online.  You might just see me on bismark coyote (send me a pm i might get you to buy me a world pass to bis so i dont have to spend 5hrs trying to get the server i want).

• CoyoteturkeyCoyoteturkey Member Posts: 102

Well, you can select any server you want to be on now. World Passes, just start a recruitment program for a person. I also lost my other account I used to have so I basically have started over myself. Me and my wife play actively everyday, we are loving it. I hope you can join us ingame, we will lend any assistance you might need to begin your journey back into Final Fantasy XI, join bismarck and look up me, Gordax, or my wife Brookelynne, see you in game.

Got the game coyote and its updating now see you online in a few hours

• DacourtDacourt Member Posts: 1

I currently have the same issue... i have done the trial for Eq2, LOTRO, and been playing WoW now for 2-3 years.  I want somthing new .... I was thinking of geting Warhammer Online but i just dont know.... i played FFXI win it first hit the US up till 2 years ago... i even bought the Wings of Goddess exp. win it came out and  win i came back it was like dead and hard to find a group....

But i like the gameplay i had a 70WHM / SMN and i have been missing it.  Here is the thing im the only one in my family that like the  game play of FFXI and all others LOVE WoW ... the WOTLK exp. dose look nice but i want to "work" for the things i want and i feel like wow is just kinda giving every thing away .... only thing u can realy work for in WoW is the Raids  but in FFXI you have to work hard for everything just about...

Is there still server's that do well and have alot of players. i dont want to be standing arround for 2-4 hr.s waiting on a group just to lvl since i do have to start over... if the game is almost dead i might go to WAR. or stay with WoW ..... i cant make my mind up.. PLZ  this is a cry for help lol  every game has its + and - but  i am kinda tired of WoW  and miss FFXI ....

i gave up on bismark and headed to orion and i had a new linkshell and a bunch of help within 20 mins of joining that server. Seems orion and asura are pretty well populated still.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

I will be playing on Bizmark when i come back to the game in a week or two. If you see Mizango or Akeera give them a /slap for me please and tell them it is a warning from Lexin of whats to come very soon.

• CarpeNoctumXCarpeNoctumX Member Posts: 33

I've never NEEDED high level help in this game. I just started to play again and I still don't feel the need for one especially with the sync system. What you will nee however, is a group for pretty much everything, and that will remain the same forever, hopefully. A head start is great to have, but I never had one and I'm pretty well of for myself. This is still the most rewarding MMO in the market, so I say you should come back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    WoW: 70 NE Rogue(Akama)
    FFXI: 75DRK/37WAR/18SAM/12THF(Fenrir)
    Currently playing: Warhammer Online(or at least trying to).