Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final fall -- 777

That's the number of God in the Kabbalah. How about that?

Comments

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by Fishermage

Well its clear.. god wanted the economy too fail.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Originally posted by Fishermage

Well its clear.. god wanted the economy too fail.

It is also known as "the Flaming Sword." That's a bit of Crowleyanity for ya

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Also lucky 7s. Tonight's the night for Vegas.

Originally posted by Dekron

Also lucky 7s. Tonight's the night for Vegas.

Oh yeah, perfect time to gamble, everyone is doing it, just ask Paulson.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

The Irony is my friend just sold all of his stocks for 3 times the price he bought them. Now that stock which will rebound is worth 25 percent less then the initial buy in price. Sheesh he will be fricking rich by the time this is over! There definitely is alot of lemonade to be made out of all of this!

Oh, there is no doubt about it, if you have the money, now is the time invest. You can buy low and sit for 5 or 6 years.

While americas current state is shitty now, there is no way America will stay on the bottom for a great stretch of time. It is impossible, they have too much influence in the economic world too not be able to recover.

• ketrineketrine Member Posts: 285

I can imagine what people would be saying if it was 666 instead.

• xDarcxDarc Member Posts: 211

But if you buy into one of the company's that was hit hard yesterday looking for a rebound- there's always a chance they go under or become insolvent- and there goes your money.  It's too early too tell how bad it's gonna get.  I've got a feeling this ain't the bottom yet.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

You know the thing that pisses me off most about this bailout is that I do not see any of of them discussing criminal proceedings. There was soo much crap that was done illegally and wrongly that these people should be held accountable according to our justice system, including our polititians that attempted to cover this up.  I hear them talking about caps on CEO pay, but wth?!! Pay them? Are they serious? we should be jailing them.  We need to make sure that anyone who does this crap knows they will GO TO JAIL. Period. No one is above the law especially the leaders.  The people have asked for this, but we do not even see them addressing this isuue, because it involves them as well. They are trying to pretend that they are addressing the issue with a "salary cap" and that is complete BS. We need to jail these people, and hire someone else to do the job, Lord knows we have enough unemployed righ now I am sure they could find replacements easier now than ever!  If this means we prosecute almost everyone in congress right now, so be it, if we have to prosecute our own presidential candidates so be it, that means they weren't worthy of having the job in the first place. We need to make it loud and clear" THE BUCK STOPS HERE!"  We will rebuild our businesses, just there is no way in hell we should do it with the people who caused this mess in the first place.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Salary cap is BS.   it's supply and demand there's not much of a supply of people who are willing to risk being responible for a whole company and capable of exceling at it, and well the demand is kinda still there and rising.

If you cap the salary you'll just end up with with 'perks' that are worse than they are now as a way to increase pay.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by paulscott

Salary cap is BS.   it's supply and demand there's not much of a supply of people who are willing to risk being responible for a whole company and capable of exceling at it, and well the demand is kinda still there and rising.
    If you cap the salary you'll just end up with with 'perks' that are worse than they are now as a way to increase pay.

I agree that capping salaries is not the way free enterprise works, they should be able to pay someone whatever the company can afford to and what they have earned. If  what they do makes a company do well they should be rewarded for it, though It is give and take, if they run the company into the ground, they should not receive a dime for it, no instead they should be held accountable and have to PAY.  Paying the people who caused this maess I have a big issue with that, They did this, they should not only pay for it out of pocket if they committed fraud, embezllment, and other misdealings they should go to jail for it, have all of their assets seized, and applied to the damage they caused. Then they hire someone else to do the job right. This BS of paying people for causing this mess really pisses me off, not only is it unethical, it is against everything this country "stood" for. Not what it "stands" for because right now we have alot of people in office right now that are not letting it stand at all. 

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    Originally posted by ketrine

I can imagine what people would be saying if it was 666 instead.

heheh well I just always enjoy number patterns and have a minor fascination with gemetria.

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

i heard the media saying "biggest fall since 1987"...   but in reality..

in 87 the market fell 20%

yesterday, because the market has grown so much..it fell only 8% approx.  HUGE difference from 1987

Now...that being said, i still think we're in for a hard crash....."it's not over yet"  

If you think about it.  the ones at the top who are indeed corrupt are the ones who stand to lose the most by NOT getting a bailout right?  They'll lose billions of their fortunes.  you libs ought to be happy about that no? lol.

I'm taking a wait and see how the market goes attitude.  one day is an emotional knee jerk reaction...one week....that's a real telling.