Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

couple questions

My servers population is always at fulll yet there seems to be barley any people on in the zones i'm in , is it just that everyone is now high lvl and in the end-game zones raiding etc? Also I haven't been to sw/ironforge yet but i'm guessing that's where most people are.

Also how do you use swords as a paladin? I've seen paladins running around with swords equipped yet I thought they were only able to wield 1h/2h maces , at a certain lvl do you get to enable swords? Although i've seen low lvl paladins running around with swords.

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Firsly, population of server is no real measure of how many people you will find in any area, although generally most of the full servers will have a lot of high level chars. Try rolling on a low pop server and see if there is any difference, remember that you can roll and delete characters at will so just roll a few other realms until you find one you like.

Your Pally can use swords when he has been trained to do so. There will be weapons trainers at the major cities, just ask the guards for the location and the weapons trainers themselves will tell you where the others are as well as what they can train you in (if your character has the ability to learn it that is).

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• chrono73chrono73 Member Posts: 129

Thanks for the info , appreciate it.

The server I'm on is Aeries Peak and it has supposedly been around since 06 which is fairly new , are there servers newer than that though? like what's the name of the most recent server/s to be launched.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by chrono73
    Thanks for the info , appreciate it. The server I'm on is Aeries Peak and it has supposedly been around since 06 which is fairly new , are there servers newer than that though? like what's the name of the most recent server/s to be launched.

Servers that have been launched recently will be labeled "New" in the server selection screen. I don't think they have added any new servers for a while.

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

The Night Elf starting area and Darnassus are often dead on any servers.  It's by far the worst race to start the game as, in my opinion, due to bad quests and inconvient location. 

Oh, I guess you're not a Night Elf if you're a paladin... I've found that the Gnome/Dwarf starting area can get rather barren as well if that's your case, but the human starting area should have plenty of people. 

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Dippy11
    The Night Elf starting area and Darnassus are often dead on any servers.  It's by far the worst race to start the game as, in my opinion, due to bad quests and inconvient location. 
    Oh, I guess you're not a Night Elf if you're a paladin... I've found that the Gnome/Dwarf starting area can get rather barren as well if that's your case, but the human starting area should have plenty of people. 

Very good point that i missed tbh, the Human area as far as the alliance is concerned is always the busiest with a lot of Night Elves making their way over there fairly early on too. The Human starting areas are very tightly packed together which tends to make it much easier to level compared to the NE or Dwarf areas that require a lot of running about.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.