Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Key activated but Authentication failed

Is anybody else getting Authentication failed when they try to login to the client after validating your key?  I am guessing there is a delay between validating your key and account becoming active for login but there is no way of finding out if you have a validated key.  All I know is when I try to validate it again I am told the key has already been activated.

Comments

• bbmcnairbbmcnair Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by telos80uk

Is anybody else getting Authentication failed when they try to login to the client after validating your key?  I am guessing there is a delay between validating your key and account becoming active for login but there is no way of finding out if you have a validated key.  All I know is when I try to validate it again I am told the key has already been activated.

YES, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU.

BUT I JUST CHECKED CLIENT AGAIN, AND IT'S NOW PATCHING!!!!!!! VERY QUICK I MIGHT ADD!

• telos80uktelos80uk Member Posts: 15

Any other feedback on this?  I would be interested to know how long it took between validation and ability to login to the game client (since it has now been almost an hour for me and I still can't).  Also, did you receive feedback on the website telling you that your key had been activated?

• bbmcnairbbmcnair Member Posts: 45

immediately after it stated my beta key had been activated, it took about half an hour for my client to respond. before then, it just kept rejecting my account details and quit after 3 atttempts.

but i'm now at 70% patched.

• telos80uktelos80uk Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by bbmcnair

immediately after it stated my beta key had been activated, it took about half an hour for my client to respond. before then, it just kept rejecting my account details and quit after 3 atttempts.

but i'm now at 70% patched.

Thanks for the replies.  Anyone else?

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

I got in about 930am this morning. My wife though still can't get authenticated.

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

Our registration and authentication servers have been taken offline for maintenance. This means that it is currently not possible to create new accounts or authenticate Open Beta keys. During this maintenance we are processing all queued account registrations and key authentications. These services will be available as soon as this work is complete

Hmm I wonder how they are processing them ?  

Suggests that if you are part way through registration pages or awaiting authentication you should hang on.......but lifes too short.  This post has been up for 3 hours so either they went home or thereis one hell of a backlog to clear. 

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229

My friend is basically having this same problem.  He's very annoyed atm.

• rodierrodier Member UncommonPosts: 38

my friend have same problem. she cant log in 3 days !!
    She entered full cd key 3 days ago, she get confirmation email about code is OK, but she still cant access game. when she is in game, after confirming EULA she get authentification error.

any help? I hate GOA, they dont have even official forum. Website is like from alpha stage.. look on USA WHO site. they have everything.

goa sux

Rodier, icq 10905813

• SannySanny Member UncommonPosts: 18

Same problem here, can't play for 1 day now since I activated my key, Paying a visit to GOA tomorrow since I live in Dublin... gonna raise some hell there