Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Description of Neocron

BoneCrushaBoneCrusha Member Posts: 3

This is the description of Neocron from an experienced player, who has been playing it for a year and a half. I finally managed to quit the addiction, and have seen the light.

---

A cyberpunk MMORPG created by ReaKKtor, a German company. It combines character building and training with first-person PvP action.

It is a terrible excuse for a computer game, and is run by a bunch of Nazis who can never keep their promises, and are too lazy to fix simple bugs. The game is reknowned for "Fatal Runtime Errors" that happen approximately every 15 minutes. Somehow this monster of an issue was never fixed in the retail package, and still exists today, while their Neocron 2 BETA hits the world, causing more disappointment.

The GMs (or "game-masters") which supposedly keep order on the servers and help people with problems, are corrupt and biased Germans, who treat their fellow countrymen to special high-powered weaponry and hacks, while banning free speech, and immediately discarding anyone who dares to discuss German 1930s politics.

The game itself runs on an 8-year-old engine, and the developers are known for faking screenshots in Adobe Photoshop, in an attempt to make the game look better than it actually is. Upgrades are constantly promised and constantly delayed, so that the company can ensure the security of more innocent gamers' money before any further development is made. Simply put, ReaKKtor are facist criminals, who lie time and time again at the expense of their subscribers.

The community following in Neocron is split into three main groups:

1. The group of elitist computer nerds that play it 24/7, and establish beastiality fetishes involving the 'Drom' creature in the game. They support KK through thick and thin, believing that every minor update they make to the game is a massive success - and as a result, KK and the GMs corruptly reward them with unique game items. These people have their own vocabulary, consisting of words like 'dromsex', and 'onozzz!'. In real life they attend meetings where they soberly re-enact events from ingame, such as PvP and 'rezzing'.

2. The opposition group - these people complain about ReaKKtor around every corner, and dislike the nazi coalition that dominates every Neocron game server. They frequently come under fire from the above group, because they take role-playing less seriously, and often exist only to annoy others on the game, and create a hostile atmosphere.

3. The naive group. These people play Neocron very often, and make newbieish comments on the forum, to which the elitist group reply with things like "ROFL u nub!! that item isn't rare, it drops from creatures! ROFL!" This is the group most affected by KK's lies - they are gullible enough to believe that upgrades and patches are actually coming, and rich enough to afford to wait years for them to eventually arrive.

Neocron is a completely unbalanced game. All 4 of the extremely boring and limited classes, are unbalanced - and every time the developers release a patch to "nerf" one class, they always nerf it too far and people complain.

Ingame, it is similarly unbalanced. Huge armies arise, mainly consisting of Germans whose only knowledge of English involves words like "nub" and "pwned". These huge Nazi groups dominate servers and, helped by support from the GMs, they completely outnumber and ultimately stay on top of any competitors.

The Neocron forum is severly policed, and has a ban on free speech which smacks of facism. Anyone seen complaining about bugs, or even making "goodbye everyone" posts are banned, and their threads locked. Apparently this is bad publicity for the company - what many fail to realise is that ReaKKtor are just controlling the media, and throwing out inaccurate propaganda - just like Adolf Hitler did in the 1930s.

Neocron was a fantastic idea that went badly wrong, due to the inexperience of the developers, and the naivety and corruption of its community.

The only remaining people that play Neocron and have faith in ReaKKtor are either addicts, who have developed medical issues keeping them obsessed with the game, or elitists who use the small population size to become 'famous' and respected for their "pvp skillz".

---

I'm just trying to save you all from the fate I had to suffer. Don't get Neocron 2.

Comments

• moratmorat Member Posts: 2

Did facts go out of fashion while I was asleep or something?

• TazhaTazha Member Posts: 2

If it was really like that, why did you played for a year and a half ?

To all non-neocron player, do not believe a word of this. There is a 10 day trial offer that allow you to test by yourself this game. Go to www.neocron.com and test.

Make your own opinion instead of believing this piece of s*** on top this topic.

<imr src=http://www.la5emecolonne.net/pics/signs/Sign_5eCol_DnLNC_Tazha.png>;

• Van_ViletVan_Vilet Member Posts: 2

You lose all credibility in your third sentance when you call the game makers "nazis". You exhibit all the hallmarks of some coddled child playing on moms credit card who didn't get his way for once.

You (like a poster here in another thread) seem to just want to whine about a game that you've played for 1.5 years ? Are you that dense amd/or slow that it takes you 1.5 years to figure out if you like a game or not? or are you just pissy now because you didn't get your way? You are in the same boat as everyone else and we all get to take the same ammount of items over into the new Neocron2 game. Get over it already.

By your reference to them as "nazis" and "germans" i can surmize you are the kind of kid who regularly uses those words as well as others like fag, jew and nigger in his daily vocabulary. One day (probably when you'll be on the recieving end of a beating) you'll realise it's time to grow up and join the rest of the world.

bon jour

• SeamusSeamus Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Van_Vilet

You lose all credibility in your third sentance when you call the game makers "nazis". You exhibit all the hallmarks of some coddled child playing on moms credit card who didn't get his way for once.
    You (like a poster here in another thread) seem to just want to whine about a game that you've played for 1.5 years ? Are you that dense amd/or slow that it takes you 1.5 years to figure out if you like a game or not? or are you just pissy now because you didn't get your way? You are in the same boat as everyone else and we all get to take the same ammount of items over into the new Neocron2 game. Get over it already.
    By your reference to them as "nazis" and "germans" i can surmize you are the kind of kid who regularly uses those words as well as others like fag, jew and nigger in his daily vocabulary. One day (probably when you'll be on the recieving end of a beating) you'll realise it's time to grow up and join the rest of the world.

bon jour

Maybe they are some of the ones that got prema-banned for hacking the game a few months back, and now they are shite talking the game to hell.

• BalsakBalsak Member Posts: 2

Everything Bonecrusha said is true.
    If anyone here played NC from the start you will know my name. I played the game from retail for about a year and then left after being totally disgusted by KK and especially Martin Js bullshit. I did however keep an eye on the game to see if it got better. A friend of mine stayed around for a while so i did get to see what was happening in the game. Open beta for NC2 came out so of course I checked that out and realized that in 2 years KK never fixed a damn thing.
    KK constantly lied to its customers and played favourites all the time. They never fixed any of the major problems with the game at all. They spent all their time trying to tweak and balance 4 lousy classes but of course they never could.

Bottom line is this. Neocron is an amazing concept and at one time had the potential to be one of the best games ever made but Reakktor never fixed anything from Beta of the first game.
    Neocron 2 is still just an expansion pack for the first game. They just called it a sequel to con all the new people into paying for it.

• [P]layer[P]layer Member Posts: 1

i agree, this is totally true about Neocron.

the game doesn't seem like a finished product, and both the bugs and the corruption in the community is an example of that. i think the month-long rollback on Saturn speaks for itself?

You (like a poster here in another thread) seem to just want to whine about a game that you've played for 1.5 years ? Are you that dense amd/or slow that it takes you 1.5 years to figure out if you like a game or not?
    nah, it's because people give MMORPGs chances. did you expect this guy just to play it for a week? no, to judge an MMORPG properly you have to play it for this length of time - and this is why i value his opinions.

One day (probably when you'll be on the recieving end of a beating) you'll realise it's time to grow up and join the rest of the world.
    yeah m8, and one day you'll realise that you're medically addicted to a game which sucks. maybe "one day" you'll stop being so naive, get your ass out to the game store and see the quality that decent games companies can come up with.

about all the nazi stuff i agree that's a bit over the top, but at least this guy can see the funny side. it's absolutely true what he says about free speech on the forums - i would never call someone a nazi but tbh i cant deny that KKs actions can provoke theories like that.

• BlargiusBlargius Member Posts: 3

Very poor choice of words, but I found the post humerous.  His level of anger mirrors my own with this game though.  

The "sequel" to Neocron (Neocron2: Beyond Dome of York) is nothing more than a very small expansion.   They are raising the price of the product from $9.95 to $15.50 US, and haven't fixed many of the numberous bugs that have plagued the product since it was released 3 years ago.   Also, the upgrade forces veteran users to choose a tiny amount of items to take with them and deleting the rest.   Even though I only played the game for a few months, I had aquired a wealth of items that I wanted to keep, but couldn't (they are not giving the option of just staying on the old servers with your old items,  if you don't upgrade to NC2 they will wipe your items and put your character on to a new NC1 server).   So this last month me and my mates have been furiously trading and collecting items to take over with us to NC2.   Then the servers crashed, and when they came back THEY ROLLED BACK OUR CHARACTERS BY NEARLY A MONTH and we lost all that we had been trying to do.

The company behind this game is horrible!  They screwed us over so damn bad that they deserve every thing bad that someone might say/do to them...

D31C1D3  /66* Spy  Saturn Server

• ZoneseeKZoneseeK Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Balsak
    If anyone here played NC from the start will know my name. I played the game from retail for about a year and then left after being totally disgusted by KK and especially Martin Js bullshit. I did however keep an eye on the game to see if it got better. A friend of mine stayed around for a while so i did get to see what was happening in the game. Open beta for NC2 came out so of course I checked that out and realized that in 2 years KK never fixed a damn thing.
    KK constantly lied to its customers and played favourites all the time. They never fixed any of the major problems with the game at all. They spent all their time trying to tweak and balance 4 lousy classes but of course they never could.Bottom like is this. Neocron is amazing concept and at one had the potential to be one of the best games ever made but Reakktor never fixed anything from Beta of the first game.
    Neocron 2 is still just an expansion pack for the first game. They just called it a sequel to con all the new people into paying for it.

Ill third that.

Wow Balsak i havent seen you on a neocron forum for years.

oh and just so you know, every single bug thats in nc1 is still in nc2, plus a whole load more. they spent 2 years making an "addon" that added a few epic missions and some new textures. WOWIE ::::28::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by StanLee2

I have to weigh in also. Neocrap 1 and 2 are both terrible.

As an MMORPG game designer (wont say for whom) this should never have been taken out of alpha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• BalsakBalsak Member Posts: 2

Heya Zoneseek.
    Nah you havent seen a post from me on the Neocron boards in a long time since they banned me for my brutally honest verbal attacks on Martin and KK on the boards ::::02::
    They never did like to be called the liars that they are ::::40::

• cavedogcavedog Member Posts: 9

If anyone here played NC from the start will know my name. I played the game from retail for about a year and then left after being totally disgusted by KK and especially Martin Js bullshit. I did however keep an eye on the game to see if it got better. A friend of mine stayed around for a while so i did get to see what was happening in the game. Open beta for NC2 came out so of course I checked that out and realized that in 2 years KK never fixed a damn thing.
    KK constantly lied to its customers and played favourites all the time. They never fixed any of the major problems with the game at all. They spent all their time trying to tweak and balance 4 lousy classes but of course they never could.
    Bottom like is this. Neocron is amazing concept and at one had the potential to be one of the best games ever made but Reakktor never fixed anything from Beta of the first game.

I agree too.

I had hope for them till I saw the OpenBeta. I haven't seen till then a Beta of an Addon that had the same bugs (from Beta4 2 years ago + Retail) + lots of new ones.

I would have at least expected that they fix the 2 year old bugs, but they didn't.

Game Balance is also non existant. There are just 4 classes and in 2 years they weren't able to balance them. And I'm not talking about "finetuning", I'm talking about the nerfhammer KK is famous for. Every patch you could expect that one class is nerfed to hell and another one extremely boosted, this didn't happen every patch, but you never knew what they would boost/nerf next patch.

• Celt0rCelt0r Member Posts: 67

If anyone here played NC from the start you will know my name. I played the game from retail for about a year and then left after being totally disgusted by KK and especially Martin Js bullshit. I did however keep an eye on the game to see if it got better. A friend of mine stayed around for a while so i did get to see what was happening in the game. Open beta for NC2 came out so of course I checked that out and realized that in 2 years KK never fixed a damn thing.
    KK constantly lied to its customers and played favourites all the time. They never fixed any of the major problems with the game at all. They spent all their time trying to tweak and balance 4 lousy classes but of course they never could.Bottom line is this. Neocron is an amazing concept and at one time had the potential to be one of the best games ever made but Reakktor never fixed anything from Beta of the first game.

I agree three.

• REDjackeTREDjackeT Member Posts: 1

My biggest problem with NC2 is the fact that they not only called it NC2, but flat out telling people they did it to "help people see it as a new game" which to me translates to "dup unwitting people into thinking its not the same POS it was before".

I had fun in Neocron, up until KK turned from regular developers who lie about features to a bunch of people who get together, make random crap up, spew it as truth, and then slam out bad untested* patches as well as official "the programmers slipped it past me" posts by the lead fruit.
    (* untested in that they were on the test server, but all bug reports were printed out then burned)

Most people still agree that NC was and is still great in concept, but so are many games on this planet.  I have a concept for a game that involves flying robotic death cows with RPG elements and CTF mutliplayer, which I think is snazzy, but it doesn't mean anything.

I recommend the trial if you don't mind downloading 1.7gig of uselessness and don't mind screwing around with the new billing system, but I hardly recommend paying the pricetag on it.  It never was the massive bugs or the flat out completely unbalanced gameplay that turned me off of NC, even though that was annoying, it was KK and their attempt to be greedy.  Actually, it's not really greed, there are easier ways to make more money.  I think it's just they don't wanna admit they are about as inept as I am at anything...

REDjackeT - Deity of Cows

REDjackeT - Deity of Cows

• KimmyGKimmyG Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by REDjackeT

Most people still agree that NC was and is still great in concept, but so are many games on this planet.

Yea I agree with that in the hands of a competent company Neocron has limitless potential. But hey KK is ameteur hour.

• PhilchowPhilchow Member Posts: 1

I don't understand why you talk about Nazis... Do you really connect your brain when you wrote this? You don't like the game, you quit it and that's better, one crazy man less.

Originally posted by KimmyG

Originally posted by REDjackeT

Most people still agree that NC was and is still great in concept, but so are many games on this planet.

Yea I agree with that in the hands of a competent company Neocron has limitless potential. But hey KK is ameteur hour.

Everything thinks Neocron has a great concept. Thats the only reason it has ANY PLAYERBASE AT ALL. If neocron was just another D&D mmorpg there wouldn't be anyone left. The *ONLY*, and i mean *ONLY* reason KK still has players is because they monopolize the fps-style-mmorpg market. As soon as more fps-mmorpg's come out, that WILL be the final blow for KK.

Are they far away? No...fomk is coming out soon, but who knows about that one..just another little company like KK trying to make it big in the mmorpg scene. I dunno about you guys, but I personally gave up trying with little companies after being jacked around by KK so bad. Fomk might dent neocron, but it wont knock it down. There is a huge future for fps-mmorpg's though, and I think KK's days will begin being numbered once half life 2 comes out. Its already been said in multiple gaming megazines/web sites that the halflife 2 engine has ALREADY been sold to companies who will be creating persistant-world mmorpg's using the engine as the client. Any company that has enough money to buy the HL2 engine is gonna have enough money to market the living hell outta that game, and I think thats the future of fps-based mmorpgs. Persistant worlds that use REAL fps engines as the client.

Either way, a friend of mine who is BIG into fps's played neocron for about 3 weeks before cancelling. Why did he cancel? He told me...the game is a great idea, run by a stupid company.

And I think hes dead on.

As an MMORPG game designer (wont say for whom) this should never have been taken out of alpha.

• vyktor73vyktor73 Member UncommonPosts: 25

I find all of this very strange. I played from Beta 3 to release and then about 6 years after that. And although NC1 had it's probllems I found it to be a very enjoyable roleplaying experience. Everytime I have contacted their tech support or customer service I have receive a curtious response (if somewhat delayed because of the time diff) and I have never experienced the same problems with Pkers as I have in other mmorpg's. Also I have found NC to be a nice change from the old "kill-sell-kill" that we see in so many so-called "mmorpg" s. And before anyone says anything about me not playing while all the problems were going on I reactivated my account yesterday and will decide for myself once I've played somemore now.

• demon-surgedemon-surge Member Posts: 67

Chances are, if you played the game back in the day you will remember me.

I would have to agree with the original post myself. GMs are unpaid, picked out of the community, and would give uber items to thier friends. The guy at the head of the ship is a liar who all the players basically try to suck him off and tell him how great he is.

I would have to say its one of the most immature, young, and stupid communities in the gaming world. If you question or say why you dont like a certain aspect of the game, you get flamed and thread gets locked. Its a game that should finally die.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
    www.teamwmd.com

Yes I do remember you. I'm thinking maybe I just got lucky back then to avoid the GM's altogether. I love the idea of NC, I like the sci-fi, cyberpunk world with the FPS and actually being able to advance without having to resort to Kill-loot-sell-repeat. I'll prolly just play it through this month and cancel my account for good. Anyone know any good mmorpg's where you can have a successful non-combat character?

Go to world of warcraft, you would probably enjoy it.

www.teamwmd.com

I've been thinking about it, but my older system, AMD Duran 1.3Ghz 256MB ram, Gforce 2 MX400 might have problems running it.

Nah you'll run it with no problems.

Its set up so that people with poor systems will run it with decent graphics and people with awesome systems get excellent settings.

I did beta with a geforce2 mx400 and a 1.4ghz chip, no problems. Actually ran better than most of the older games. Way better.

I would really suggest trying it out.

www.teamwmd.com

I'll do that when the open beta starts. Hopefully I'll be able to download and play it some before it goes gold. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Thanks for the input dude. ::::01::

Originally posted by demon-surge

Nah you'll run it with no problems.
    Its set up so that people with poor systems will run it with decent graphics and people with awesome systems get excellent settings.
    I did beta with a geforce2 mx400 and a 1.4ghz chip, no problems. Actually ran better than most of the older games. Way better.
    I would really suggest trying it out.

www.teamwmd.com

demon-surge long time no see, me/torque/twitch and a few others are playing some old pre-uo:r UO on IPY these days you should drop by

good shard, 600+ online oldschool/hardcore pvp rulesets hell of alot of fun...lots of people from SB playing it these days too

• clothing-exoclothing-exo Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by demon-surge

Chances are, if you played the game back in the day you will remember me.
    I would have to agree with the original post myself. GMs are unpaid, picked out of the community, and would give uber items to thier friends. The guy at the head of the ship is a liar who all the players basically try to suck him off and tell him how great he is.
    I would have to say its one of the most immature, young, and stupid communities in the gaming world. If you question or say why you dont like a certain aspect of the game, you get flamed and thread gets locked. Its a game that should finally die.
    ============================================================

Ive played NC1 for about a year and a half on Pluto only and for the most part pple were pretty cool
    In terms of the company KK well just read the above its true thier full of shit
    when they said tht the expansion/ patch wasnt comming out till the fall my clan lost 45 players thats no bullshit either. They all had enough of KK and went to other games.
    In terms of the NC forum community thier fucking nuts on thier who will flame anyone they dont like no matter what the person says or support KK till the bitter end.image

www.teamwmd.com

• StanLee2StanLee2 Member Posts: 51

I have to weigh in also.  Neocrap 1 and 2 are both terrible.