Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG I got turned into a chicken!

Dinged 12 in Tier 1 and BUM chicken.

I though Mythic made it so you can still be one tier below your level and not get chickened at all!

Someone please help / explain the system thanks :)))

Comments

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• KnuckleBallzKnuckleBallz Member Posts: 6

• HahhnsHahhns Member Posts: 210

thats only for rvr servers, oyther servers go like this max lvl

tier 1 11

tier 2  21

tier 3  31

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Spartan82_26

I though Mythic made it so you can still be one tier below your level and not get chickened at all!

You can as long as your in the PvE area.  Thats only in the Core servers though.  In the PvP servers you can go down to 1 tier lower and not be turned into a chicken in the PvE area.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

lol

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Manchine

You can as long as your in the PvE area.  Thats only in the Core servers though.  In the PvP servers you can go down to 1 tier lower and not be turned into a chicken in the PvE area.

actually it doesn't matter where you are.  On core servers if you are above the tier and you are in pvp mods you will become a chicken.  You can go to the newbie starting area and put yourself in pvp mode and you become a chicken.

Was funny I was in a PQ area in the dwarf area where it is shared with greenskins but it isn't a rvr area.  I was in pvp mode and this lvl 27 guy came by and I guess he took a shot at me or something case one minute he was yellow name and normal and the next he was a chicken.  I killed him.  Later he was back but he was careful to only mess with npcs, no trying to gank the lvl 6 runepriest :P

---
    Ethion

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by ethion

Originally posted by Manchine

actually it doesn't matter where you are.  On core servers if you are above the tier and you are in pvp mods you will become a chicken.  You can go to the newbie starting area and put yourself in pvp mode and you become a chicken.

Was funny I was in a PQ area in the dwarf area where it is shared with greenskins but it isn't a rvr area.  I was in pvp mode and this lvl 27 guy came by and I guess he took a shot at me or something case one minute he was yellow name and normal and the next he was a chicken.  I killed him.  Later he was back but he was careful to only mess with npcs, no trying to gank the lvl 6 runepriest :P

It matters where you go in the teir.  I already have gone back to Teir 1 and found the level 40 boss thats hidden in chapter 1 or 2 of the High Elf Area.  I explored the a large amount of area but didn't get turned into a chicken untill I started to get close to the RvR area I was at the area where the Unicorn thats hurt (Just north of that).  So thats not quite true either.

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

I love this post.  Its the start of the QQ fest that will come from Open RvR servers.  Core servers ( the way the game was meant to be played ) offers TONS of PvP and RvR, even for the casual gamer.  On core servers, you are still able to backtrack to T1 areas and complete quests, unlock tomes, build up your craft 1-50ish (should you choose to change professions).

But...

If you rolled on an open PvP server, those options are gone.  Why?  The chicken rule.  GL trying to kill even a level 2 monster when you are a chicken with 1 HP. 

Is this unfair?  NO, imho.  No because you CHOSE to roll on an open server.  You were too stupid to understand that this isn't WoW.  This is WAR.  WAR = everywhere.  By rolling on a core server you may have your cake and eat it too.

By rolling on a "hardcore" open RvR server you only managed to kick yourself in the ass because you thought this was WoW.