Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XPlay gives WAR 5 out of 5 Stars

Yep XPlay reviewed WAR today and gave it a 5 out of 5.  Too bad they havent put it up on their website yet .  They did mention a few of the bad things in the game but shrugged them off as things that are in most all mmo's at launch.

Comments

• MagterMagter Member Posts: 289

Very Nice!

WAAAGH!

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

• AstralGethAstralGeth Member Posts: 197

Seriously, a show like xplay reviewing any MMO in it's first week is kinda ridiculous. I remember they gave AoC a good review and said the only real problems were the requirements and "MMO growing pains" or whatever.

• VexylVexyl Member Posts: 30

Yeah I watched it too haha, go WAR!

Fear is the mind-killer

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Because we all know that xplay "know what they're talking about"..... sigh..

and we also know that WAR is perfect with no flaw whatsoever so it deserves 5/5..... sigh..

not even WAR fanboys are THIS ignorant....

..Cake..

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279
    Originally posted by sgel

and we also know that WAR is perfect with no flaw whatsoever so it deserves 5/5..... sigh..

I never said they were right, just that they gave it that score!

• AstralGethAstralGeth Member Posts: 197

Yea, there's a thread on this over at WHA and even there it's about 60/40 right now for "xplay has no credibility" and "awesome! could have been a 6 though! "

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

There is nothing out there that is even majorly appealing to people these days so I guess reviewers are going to hype it as much as possible because it is good for the mmo community. WAR is fun at the moment but its a 3/5 at best right now.

• IronMan66IronMan66 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

There is nothing out there that is even majorly appealing to people these days so I guess reviewers are going to hype it as much as possible because it is good for the mmo community. WAR is fun at the moment but its a 3/5 at best right now.

I am sure its fun on those servers with a population balance, but it sucks harshly when getting rolled.

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

All i have to say is shut up.

How many times to you people have to be told

WHEN RATING VIDEO GAMES MAX SCORE=/=PERFECT GAME

IT simply is a highest rating they reserve for games that are truely superb and should be examples of what to be in the future for that genre.

Did gta4 deserve 10/10.  Heck yes it did, but does that mean it couldn't be better? nope. It could be better, but not realistically.

Heres the thing

if 10/10 is the perfect game, and can never be reached ever, since no game can be perfect. Then the highest rating a game can get would be 9.9.  But since thats the new best game ever, you cant rate games as a 9.9, because they aren't "perfect", rinse and repeat, till games are given 0's because anything higher isn't fair.

And for the record, xplay gives scores based on a different system rather then 5/5=100% A+, 4/5=80% b- etc etc

5/5=great game highly recommended, standout in the genre(which is what war is)

4/5=good game, recommendable to most people, fans who don't like the genre may only sorta like it.

3/5=the average game. if your a fan you'll like it, otherwise don't bother

2/5=bad game, not really recommendable, even if your a fan.

1/5=horrible game, not worth playing even by fans.

• McpoopypantsMcpoopypants Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by Bladin

IT simply is a highest rating they reserve for games that are truely superb and should be examples of what to be in the future for that genre.

Did gta4 deserve 10/10.  Heck yes it did, but does that mean it couldn't be better? nope. It could be better, but not realistically.

Heres the thing

if 10/10 is the perfect game, and can never be reached ever, since no game can be perfect. Then the highest rating a game can get would be 9.9.  But since thats the new best game ever, you cant rate games as a 9.9, because they aren't "perfect", rinse and repeat, till games are given 0's because anything higher isn't fair.

And for the record, xplay gives scores based on a different system rather then 5/5=100% A+, 4/5=80% b- etc etc

4/5=good game, recommendable to most people, fans who don't like the genre may only sorta like it.

My turn... all I have to say is shut up.

This game is FARR from 5/5. Try 2/5 at BEST and that's being generous. They already proven they have no credibility this is just a hype up score, nothing more.

• VindicothVindicoth Member Posts: 273

and a guy named MC Poopy pants has more credibility than a TV Show? LOL. Fuck off.

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456

They don't have credibility but you do? I don't see how since you list no reason along with your opinion. They make up their scoring method and can give what ever score they want. Given the fact that Mythic delivered on what they said they would and that many find it to be a fun game it deserves 5/5. Perfect? No, but it's closer than other developers have gotten over the last few years.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by Mcpoopypants

Heres the thing

This game is FARR from 5/5. Try 2/5 at BEST and that's being generous. They already proven they have no credibility this is just a hype up score, nothing more.

Let me guess your a Darfall follower...... All you guys do all day is spew out shit about how games are "So Easy" and are crap.  How did Xplay prove they have no credibillity? and why should I believe you over them?

I think the 5 out of 5 is well deserved.  They gave VG 3 stars and no other MMO has been given 5 out of 5 before, at least I dont think so.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Stop with the super depressive cr*p will ya

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279
    Originally posted by Mcpoopypants

Heres the thing

Also they DO list pros and cons of the game on the link to their site.  Did you even GO to the site...watch the review?  They put:

Pros: 

Awesome career classes

Public quests rock

Plentiful RvR--even early on

Fresh crafting system

Cons:

No official forums

Almost an overabundance of context

Bugs and crashes (being fixed as we speak)

Originally posted by templarga

At least Bladin offers up a good explanation of their rating system and provides helpful information as opposed to your ignorant troll post. X-Play's system is not a hype score as Bladin explains. Next time you feel like commenting, at least know what you are talking about.
    As to the rating, I think its cool and I agree. Often we get caught up in the details of the ratings (what does 80% mean or "B" mean). Those rating are arbritary numbers or letters that mean nothing. At least X-play is using a numerical rating system that is based mainly on recommendations and not performance and the typical areas of most reviews.

i snipped out the rest, this was the original basis of xplays rating system which was posted on the site when it was techtv

* 1 - Hated it. Do not buy this game. Not even worth the bargain bin. Run from it. Escape!! Escape!!

* 2 - Alright. These games are fun, with some good points, but nothing special. There's definitely a few specific things holding this game back. Wait until the price comes down or pick it up as [a] renter to check out some of the things it does right.

* 3 - Good. Fun to play, pretty solid titles, with a few minor flaws. Most games will probably fall into this category. They're the games that if you like the genre, or liked other similar titles, you might consider giving it a good look. Otherwise, you might not be into it.

* 4 - Very good. Games that are at the top of all our lists, but are missing that strange intangible aura of perfection, and unfortunately that's keeping them from getting in the realm of the almighty five.

* 5 - Near perfect/perfect. If you're a true player, these games will undoubtedly be in your collection, or at the very least you'll have played them until the cartridges and CDs melted. If a game gets a 5, and you like the genre, you should buy.

• Fireside286Fireside286 Member Posts: 72

Yeah I agree there is no way it should be getting a 5...Its a 3 maybe 3 1/2 at best..

I think the game is really lacking, I have been playing it since release and can really see alot of things that are going to throw up red flags down the road with people if they haven't already.  I like Mythic and what they was able to do with DAoC but the magic just isn't here..

After my free month I will uninstall and it will go on my shelf maybe for a later date..

Originally posted by Fireside286

Yeah I agree there is no way it should be getting a 5...Its a 3 maybe 3 1/2 at best..
    I think the game is really lacking, I have been playing it since release and can really see alot of things that are going to throw up red flags down the road with people if they haven't already.  I like Mythic and what they was able to do with DAoC but the magic just isn't here..
    After my free month I will uninstall and it will go on my shelf maybe for a later date..

opiniiion

• isolorisolor Member Posts: 189

Well the show gave the game a 5 out of 5. But it still comes down to opinion. They enjoyed the game and felt it deserverd it.

But that don't make the game perfect. and I'm sure they even stated that. But again it is still their opinion. But if you base your facts that the game is the best on that score, then your fooling yourself.  we all have opinions and they vary wildly.

Is it ok to try something cause someone's opinion is that it is a good game? sure it is. but if you don't like it don't  blast the person who liked it, Cause your opinion was different.

So even though a game show,magazine etc. gives the game a high rating really means nothing. untill you yourself tries the game for your own opinion.

Remember that these same places gave AOC a good score also.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

opiniiion

I'm curious as to why you are always on here vigorously defending your precious game instead of actually playing it?

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

The nineties called. They said they wanted their graphics back...

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

Originally posted by Abrahmm

opiniiion

I'm curious as to why you are always on here vigorously defending your precious game instead of actually playing it?

Because i like to chat, i like to watch anime, i like to read, i like to browse the net?

Sorry man, you may devote your life to a game you play, but I unlike apparantly the rest of mmorpg.com, actually enjoy multiple activities?

Since when was it a requirement to play a game 9 hours a day?

*edit* and atm i'm actually playing harvest moon for the ds(omigosh a sandbox game?)

*edit again* and i merely checked on my review post and then saw this posted in the general war section.

Frankly I don't care anymore about weither or not you or the like actually like the game. 

Since anyone who goes to these forums, knows that it's infested with scum and trolls, and haters.