Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vendetta Online: Exclusive Screenshots

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Today we present five new images which have been added to our Vendetta Online screenshot gallery.

See all the screenshts here.

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

There was a movie out by the same name just last year.  I think they might have some issues with the name of this game.

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

nah i dont think there will be a problem considering this game has been around much longer than 1 year... 

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

My guess is the name gets changed before they go live once the owners get wind of it.  Note the dates for the original comic book series from wikipedia:

"The first episodes of V for Vendetta were originally published in black-and-white between 1982 and 1985, in Warrior, a British anthology comic published by Quality Comics. The strip was one of the most popular in the title and featured on several covers during the 26 issues of Warrior."

Hence I definitely believe they do have a problem with the name.

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157

Er no they don't, since when does "V for vendetta" spell "Vendetta online" ??

explain how those 2 simple names are the same when they are not.

Trademarks don't have to be exact, close is good enough as it has been proven time and time again in court cases.  This is more than close enough.  If the owners protect their property, the name will get changed.  Don't understand how intelligent human beings with the web at their feet can't do a simple name search to avoid such problems.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

You cannot trademark an actual word.

Trademarks are the content associated with it. As long as this is a space game and not a masked superhero game revolving around a revolution there can be no problems.

And no the phrase "V for Vendetta" cannot be trademarked, it is too simple a term. while "Z for Zorro" can be trademarked because Zorro is an original character, and not a part of the English language.

• Morgyn_BluesMorgyn_Blues Member Posts: 46

I think if there was going to be an issue about it, we'd have heard about it by now as the game is 4 years old.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

There was a movie out by the same name just last year.  I think they might have some issues with the name of this game.

umm no (damn how many times can you be wrong ><)

• dagadegattodagadegatto Member Posts: 6

I think the name is the least important part of a game. If they end up having to change it, so be it. It will not take anything away from the gameplay. Too many games rely on marketing instead of actual quality of game, it's a shame in my opinion.