Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have fun while it lasts

Hello WAR players.

I was a closed beta (aka Elder) and open beta player. I also play WoW.

Just so you all know, WAR is going to be empty during November, December, and possibly, the whole 1st quarter 2009.

Most of the people who are playing WAR now are going to quit on Nov. 13th and won't be back for a few months, if at all.

This isn't your fault or the dev's fault, it's just bad timing on EA's part.

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

Comments

• KcissemKcissem Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by kedoremos

Hello WAR players.
    Just so you all know, WAR is going to be empty during November, December, and possibly, the whole 1st quarter 2009.
    Most of the people who are playing WAR now are going to quit on Nov. 13th and won't be back for a few months, if at all.

i think you are overestimating your predictions, by going by past espansions from blizzard with wow, the content will be ran through in about a week. :P  yes a lot will play wow when the expansion hits, but once they experience the content they will come back.  besides that alot will probably play both as they both offer different play styles. 

• 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

Later lol...dude i dont really care, let people leave for WotlK.  the game is not gonna shut down, sure it will lose some customers , but so will WoW. Some people are saying they are never going back to WoW after playing WaR.

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• Foxman13Foxman13 Member Posts: 22

Most MMO players carry two or more subscriptions for games a time, so I don't think we will see such a drastic drop in population. Maybe a surge at first, but people will be back in just a few short weeks after the "newness" of the new expansion wears off.

• thanks nostradamus...

As for WOTLK (as I assume that's what you're talking about here), the expansion in my eyes is pretty minimal and doesn't add much to wow.  The game is still shallow as ever.  I don't pretend to speak for everyone, but I know I'm not the only one who sees WOTLK as not much more then another money grab.  10 more levels, more dungeons to grind gear that will be obsolete in a year, a couple more useless professions, a few battlegrounds, and one rvr area.  This is stuff that should have been in through patches two years ago.  As a major expansion, it's pretty laughable to me.  Oh wells, have fun back in wow...

• gamer2108gamer2108 Member Posts: 203

No one in my clan has any thoughts of playing WoW (we all quit it a couple years abog before BC) we are having a blast in Warhammer.

I do belive people will leave for awile to go play WOW but wont last long since its just another patch like BC and the newness wont last long.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

. . . my faith in human kind fails with every passing day.  Oh well, maybe in 10 years I will be playing with monkeys.  At least they keep their over exaggerated opinions to themselves.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

Thank you for the heads up, I'll cancel my subscription right away..

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by zaxxon23

thanks nostradamus...

Thanks.   Made me laugh. 

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Originally posted by Kcissem

Hello WAR players.

i think you are overestimating your predictions, by going by past espansions from blizzard with wow, the content will be ran through in about a week. :P  yes a lot will play wow when the expansion hits, but once they experience the content they will come back.  besides that alot will probably play both as they both offer different play styles. 

First I'd like to thank you for keeping the debate above board.

Having said that, no way dude! Blizzard, themselves, said that 95% of the people who play WoW will never see Black Temple.

There where an ungodly number of new instances with BC. Not many people have explored all of them - even now.

Just getting to 70, from 60, takes over a week doing 3 hours / night. Once you get to 70 it takes (in the beginning) over a month to get gear to run Kara - and that's KARA, we're not talking Gruul's, SSC, etc..

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

My server won't be empty because I don't play WoW, nor do I ever intend to go back. I haven't touched WoW in 2 years, and I'm glad.

WoW can suck 100 D's in my opinion. All those interested in grinding some new raids and levels can go...to them I say Good Riddance.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• TunangoTunango Member Posts: 79

I'm not going back to WOW, 3 and a half years of WOW and i've seen it all and done it too.

I'll still be playing WAR coz it's so much more fun,

engies FTW.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i quit wow 3 months ago and theres no going back...and my guild of 71+ agree :) so there's gonna be at least 71 people still on volkmar come november

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Hello WAR players.

I think you are under estimating the amount of people who don't play WoW. I'm sure that WoW is having a small hit to it's population and that those people will go back to WoW. But there are people from other games, where WoW is not their main game who will be happy to stay with Warhammer for a bit.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Hello WAR players.

LOL well see ya....... I for one quit WoW for this and I'm never looking back.  My prediction is people will leave for WOTLK do there little Lake Wintergrasp thing and see how it dosen't compare to the RvR in War and come back. But I have been wrong before.  Now if I can get my 2 cousins to stop playing WoW and join the WAR that would be cool.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Hello WAR players.

You definetly should watch this video..

You got way too much time on your hands..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntzCi1lu2ys

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

It could go in both directions. I don´t know anything about the WotLK-xpac though.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I don't think WotLK will take away many people on Nov 13.   The fact is that most people who hate WOW will never even try it.  If they last that long in  warhammer, they won't leave for wraith.  The players that are coming back to WOW will be leaving on Oct 15th, when their free month is up.

They will run around in their rvr zergefest, pushing 'buttons' to activate their seige weapons that never move.

Players in WoW will be driving seige weapons, driving personel carrier, flying jet fighters and bombers, destroying buildings and walls whereever they want.

Yeah Warhammer, enjoy knocking down that exact same keep door for the 10,000 time

• Pretty sure the reason for the september release was MJ betting on the exact opposite.  It will take a month for each server to get good keep battles.

By the time of mid-november most all servers should have had at least one or two good keep battles if not 20 or 30.  Even my low pop server severly outnumberred recently had a good 2 hour smash em up.  Was all guild motivated on order side but still gives people a taste.

I believe MJ entire thinking is that they need the necessary time period for people to simply not be willing to quit after epxeirnecing them.  Maybe they will play both but WAR will hopefully offer them something they are not willing to give up.

Certainly WoW does not offer what WoW.  Its world zone with pvp and a sort of keep battle is predicatable and timed.  It may offer people some fun and for some it will be enough but it is not the same as needing to dominated 4 zones simulataneously in addition to assulting mutliple nasty keeps.

Whether this is true or not will have to see, but it is certainly a good possibility.  So I have no idea wjat will happen.

Originally posted by Sovrath

Hello WAR players.

I think you are under estimating the amount of people who don't play WoW. I'm sure that WoW is having a small hit to it's population and that those people will go back to WoW. But there are people from other games, where WoW is not their main game who will be happy to stay with Warhammer for a bit.

What are we talking, like 1/10th of the MMO playerbase?

Give me a break man. You sound like the man from upstate NY who said in 1980 "How the Hell did Regan get elected? Nobody I know voted for him."

Just like oil prices, WAR's population numbers are artificially inflated - due to disgruntled WoW players who are impatiently awaiting Wrath. When wrath comes.. POOF!

WAR's sub numbers will correct themselves.

By the way, when the population dwindles in WAR because of Wrath, I'm going to reference this thread.

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

I fail to see how WAR failing due to WOW since you obviously love the game is your problem to worry about OP. Im guessing the amount of WOW guys coming here to the WAR boards screaming doom and gloom are more worried about WOW than WAR. If WAR fails then that would actually be a fail for WOW players also.

If WAR fails expect to see little to no innovation from WOW for even longer. Ask yourself what have you been doing in WOW for the past few months and why? You dont understand that Blizzard had no reason to rush content before due to no competition. I am actually surprised that WOTLK is being released on time and you may have WAR to thank for that as Blizz usually always pushes back release dates since they can get away with it.

So instead of being a hater for everything not WOW why dont you join team gamer and hope for some better games to succeed. It will help us all out in the long run.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

Originally posted by jblah

I fail to see how WAR failing due to WOW since you obviously love the game is your problem to worry about OP. Im guessing the amount of WOW guys coming here to the WAR boards screaming doom and gloom are more worried about WOW than WAR. If WAR fails then that would actually be a fail for WOW players also.
    If WAR fails expect to see little to no innovation from WOW for even longer. Ask yourself what have you been doing in WOW for the past few months and why? You dont understand that Blizzard had no reason to rush content before due to no competition. I am actually surprised that WOTLK is being released on time and you may have WAR to thank for that as Blizz usually always pushes back release dates since they can get away with it.
    So instead of being a hater for everything not WOW why dont you join team gamer and hope for some better games to succeed. It will help us all out in the long run.

I don't hope for WAR to fail. I'm currently subscribed to 5 MMOs. WoW, EVE (6 accounts.. seriously), EQ2, Vanguard, and AC (no kidding).

And I agree with you. This is a fundamental truth to all business - competition drives innovation and is good for the consumer (us). WAR and AoC appeared to be the ONLY real competition to WoW. From what I've seen of WAR (a lot) it's lacking.

Women don't like WAR. My wife didn't want to play after 1 look. My friends (2 of them) who play WoW, their wives won't play WAR (that will play WoW). I can't explain this. Just like the downfall of the NWOBHM (read: wikipedia) in the 80's due to hair metal - the winner will be the one that gets the women.

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by Locklain

. . . my faith in human kind fails with every passing day.  Oh well, maybe in 10 years I will be playing with monkeys.  At least they keep their over exaggerated opinions to themselves.

I was under the impression I was already playing with monkeys lol.  good post lol, made me chuckle.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by Sovrath

Hello WAR players.

What are we talking, like 1/10th of the MMO playerbase?

Give me a break man. You sound like the man from upstate NY who said in 1980 "How the Hell did Regan get elected? Nobody I know voted for him."

Just like oil prices, WAR's population numbers are artificially inflated.

By the way, when the population dwindles in WAR because of Wrath, I'm going to reference this thread.

WoW is still going to be staged PvE centric, that was the design of the game. To grind for gear and show who has the biggest piece.

Most ppl have played WoW and has already done what blizzard had to offer. The game is getting old and the expansion will just fall into the same category sa The Burning Crusade.

1. Create a Death Knight.

2. Get to level 80 with the other thousands Death Knights on the server.

3. Run the Arena, Instances and BGs for Gear and Equipment at level 80.

4. And do Siege which doesnt have a world wide game effect.

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443
    Originally posted by Azrile

I don't think WotLK will take away many people on Nov 13.   The fact is that most people who hate WOW will never even try it.  If they last that long in  warhammer, they won't leave for wraith.  The players that are coming back to WOW will be leaving on Oct 15th, when their free month is up.
    They will run around in their rvr zergefest, pushing 'buttons' to activate their seige weapons that never move.
    Players in WoW will be driving seige weapons, driving personel carrier, flying jet fighters and bombers, destroying buildings and walls whereever they want.
    Yeah Warhammer, enjoy knocking down that exact same keep door for the 10,000 time

And how will destroying buildings wherever you want, only for them to respawn undamaged not going to get repetative after the 10000th time of doing it?

You get a /fail for trying to say that having ONE World PVP zone somehow makes WoW better than WAR. Go play Wow, and for god's sakes have fun there! I myself will do the same with WAR or whatever other game I decide to play.

I will NOT however be seen doggin WoW in the WoW forums because I am not a retard....I'm looking at you OP.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458

I think he's right to a certain degree EA probably messed up by releaseing war when they did,with releaseing it now not only will they see the normal slump in players after the frist month but the game will have to compete with WOW a month after that which see another drop in the number of players.I think they should have released WAR in the frist quarter of 09 after the hype of wotlk had died down.

This discussion has been closed.