Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to have more ingame talking!?!

Join an RP server. I am on White Tower and an RP server is a great way to start people talking cause people there "WANT TO TALK"

Goofy as you might think it sounds.. its fun, engaging, and I tlak to people all the time.

Comments

• NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

Phoenix Throne is an amazing RP server with a great community too. Plenty of people from Landroval, Cimmeria, etc. etc. 

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

• CobraSolidusCobraSolidus Member Posts: 369
    Originally posted by Pangaea

Join an RP server. I am on White Tower and an RP server is a great way to start people talking cause people there "WANT TO TALK"

Goofy as you might think it sounds.. its fun, engaging, and I tlak to people all the time.

I like WAR cause it is PvP. Now if you are on a RP server I think you problem might be two things. RP servers are not that well populated and even though Mytic call the server RP, it probablynever will be RP. Lets face it WAR is just not a RP game. We are way to bussy killing in RvR to chat. LOL

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434

I moved to White Tower from PT cause PT was FULL.

So RP servers CAN get full.. there are a fwe that are LOW like mine.

When I am waiting 3 min to defend a capture point.. we talk

Guild Chat is filled with talk

When I meet people here and there I slow down and talk and say hi.

just because the game is PVP/RVR doens't mean that everyone is goign to blindly QUEUE QUEUE QUEUE KILL KILL KILL

and the game doesn't have to be RP to be RP?! what does that mean!?

Old MUDS. and MUSHS" and Text based games were RP.

You can RP almost ANYTHING as longas you have a chat interface of any kind.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by CobraSolidus

I like WAR cause it is PvP. Now if you are on a RP server I think you problem might be two things. RP servers are not that well populated and even though Mytic call the server RP, it probablynever will be RP. Lets face it WAR is just not a RP game. We are way to bussy killing in RvR to chat. LOL

*coughs* Personally I am having tons of funz in my greenskin guild. Even guildchat is full of the Orc - Gobbo infighting. Not to mention the events we have planned. RP'ing a very stupid or nasty creature is actually surprisingly fun ^_^

If WoW was good for a lot of RP'ers, WAR certainly is. Not so much in random rp in lively cities and towns though, but more the amount of possible organized RP-RvR events, when part of a nice rp guild. edit: besides, the races are so much stereotyped that it's not hard to get a feel for your character.

Over the whole we have to see how things turn out on the RP servers when folks are past the leveling craze, because there is a fair amount of us who are just completely and understandibly soaked up in the game atm.

• AuxerAuxer Member Posts: 115

im on rp server, chat is just dead.

The tank that is born to tank!

• SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558

Started on the Euro RP-PVP server, instantly less idiotic names and much more interaction. Thing is, that you can't just stand to the side and go "see, they don't talk". Gotta start it yourself but on average you get a better response on RP servers.

• UrrellesUrrelles Member Posts: 574

I couldn't stand WoW RP because people sat around goldshire talking, dueling, and cybering all day.

In WAR people RP while they fight.  The orks cry WAAGGHH!! And call other players gits as they name out PvP objectives.  That is my kind of RP.  Not sitting aorund chatting and looking pretty for your little soap opra drama. 

I play these games to adventure and destroy fools.  I'll play Second Life if I want to chat.

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

I'm on a core server.  Plenty of chat.  I use the /order channel and someone set up a IRC channel for everyone (I've been on two servers with IRC now).

Sure it's just a few chatting in both cases, but it is there.  Just wait, until more people lean to use the real channels (/order and /destruction) and there is T4 action.  People will start talking.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Haha yeah on Phoenix Throne I befriended a bunch of dwarfs who call me 'manling' and want to chat it up everytime we cross paths.  It's a lot of fun, but distracting in Scenarios. 

I was wondering... is it like racist to call a dwarf a stunty?

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by CobraSolidus

You have obviously never heard of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy_Roleplay

Even though Games Workshop stopped publication of the Warhammer RPG it still has a rather huge following that stil play it (including me) and where do you think Mythic pulled a lot of the lore from.