Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7600 gs wont run W.A.R well..

Ok i upgraded my card which was a 6800 to a 7600gs hoping W.A.R would run way better.

Well with a 7600 1.5 gigs of ram and a p4 3.1 gz proccesor.. my frames are 10-30... and i cnat even run on max or medium settings thats at the lowest settings, and resoulution. Yes my drivers are updated. So I was wondering if   theres something im missing here, W.A.R should run alot better then this!~

Any opions or advice would be awsome or if u have the same catrd plzz let me know how it runs for you!

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I am sorry to inform you but the card you bought is NOT better then what you had it's actualy pretty similar. So you should not expect much difference then with your 6800 card, wonder what type of 6800 it was actually?, You would see improvement when you would have gone into the 7900 series (I know not always possible to get such card) but it's seriously a shame you went from a 6800 to a 7600 card.

This is not a bash against your card hope you understand that, this is just talking experiance with lots of videocards here and trying to share this with you.

• CobraSolidusCobraSolidus Member Posts: 369
    Originally posted by Hi11Zone

Ok i upgraded my card which was a 6800 to a 7600gs hoping W.A.R would run way better.
    Well with a 7600 1.5 gigs of ram and a p4 3.1 gz proccesor.. my frames are 10-30... and i cnat even run on max or medium settings thats at the lowest settings, and resoulution. Yes my drivers are updated. So I was wondering if   theres something im missing here, W.A.R should run alot better then this!~

Any opions or advice would be awsome or if u have the same catrd plzz let me know how it runs for you!

Performance issues will probably get better with patching though, so sit tight.

• Hi11ZoneHi11Zone Member Posts: 81

that makes me sad i paid 100$... i was hoping it would of been a decent jump..my friends were wrong.  

Bye the way 7900 series is to far for my motherboard and its agp

• AstralGethAstralGeth Member Posts: 197

As the above posters said, depending on the type of 6800, it's not really an upgrade. But you should still be able to play the game decently. There are a good number of people with even very high-end computers that for some reason are also having performance issues, while others are not. Before buying anything else, maybe wait it out if you can to see if a patch comes in soon that resolves the performance issues some people are experiencing.

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

Nvidia cards' numbers can be misleading.  So, always look at the 2nd number in the model.

Ex:

8600 card would be worse performance than a 7800 card.   The first number, in this case 8 & 7 are in relation to the series number, or, in terms of cars, the model produciton year.  The second number is the strength of the card. 

For instance, I upgraded to a GeForce 8800GTS over my 7600GT.  The 8 vs. 7 isn't important here.  the 800 vs. the 600 is.

• darkraptordarkraptor Member Posts: 178

that makes me sad i paid 100$... i was hoping it would of been a decent jump..my friends were wrong.  

Fastest AGP card = ATI 3850.....tons faster than a 7600, supports directx 10.1, and much mroe up to date. Also, about 20$ more.

/rant

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

Coulda went with a 7900GT and then flashed the bios to that of a 7950GT. Or just bought the 7950GT outright. Wouldn't have been much more in price than the 7600 and you'd have had the top Nvidia AGP card.

• CobraSolidusCobraSolidus Member Posts: 369

You can always do the same as me. I have a 8800 card and still had performance issues in WAR. I gonna put WAR on the shelf for a while. AoC actually runs better than WAR for me so I will stay over there a few months and then possibly come back once memoryleaks and other pesky stuff is cleared.

but i love war so much i just want to run it with out lagging... im just debating if i should return card for a new one. can i even support the highest apg cards. my motherboard is liek 4 years old the

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=IS7-E&fMTYPE=Socket+478

i can spend 150-200$ would rather spend 150 and use rest for faster shipping :)

but i love war so much i just want to run it with out lagging... im just debating if i should return card for a new one. can i even support the highest apg cards. my motherboard is liek 4 years old the
    http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=IS7-E&fMTYPE=Socket+478
    i can spend 150-200$ would rather spend 150 and use rest for faster shipping :)

There's absolutely no reason that motherboard won't handle the highest AGP cards. Now get to ordering that 7950GT.:)

will my p4 3.1 processor work with it or bottle neck it?

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

the first number only represents generation (7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx) , and matters a bit when buying nvidias, but the more important number to look for is the 2nd number (86XX, 88XX, etc) and the type (gt, gtx, gts). The higher the 2nd number, the more powerful that generation card. So for example (just an example) your 6800 series card may be on par with, or greater than, then next generation (say a 7600).

Originally posted by miagisan

the first number only represents generation (7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx) , and matters a bit when buying nvidias, but the more important number to look for is the 2nd number (86XX, 88XX, etc) and the type (gt, gtx, gts). The higher the 2nd number, the more powerful that generation card. So for example (just an example) your 6800 series card may be on par with, or greater than, then next generation (say a 7600).

i think thast pretty lame well at least i know now... so far i cant find a 7950 g t (agp version i dont use pci express)... under 180$

will my p4 3.1 processor work with it or bottle neck it?

Your processor will be fine with it. They're both from the same generation, so to speak. I'll look around and see what deals I can find on that 7950GT.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx

that looks pretty decent, and the 3 and 4 gen ati cards are pretty good

• gan3fgan3f Member UncommonPosts: 274

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx

that looks pretty decent, and the 3 and 4 gen ati cards are pretty good

why go for the 3850 when you can get the ddr4 3870 and cheaper from other places then newegg.

edit.. hrmm does the 3870 ddr come in agp i dont think so.. so maybe you are correct

are the 3870's agp? sorry, i havent looked into agp cards for a very very long time, but last i checked 3870 was pci-e only

• SeverinusSeverinus Member Posts: 20

It's an AGP, not a PCI card he's looking for, people.

You purchased the GeForce 7600 GS card which is no better or worse than a 6800 GT.

A 7600 GT with 256 MB GDDR memory and you're good to go. Bear in mind that this card also comes in a PCI version... just so you don't buy the wrong one. The 7600 GT comes fairly cheap and shouldn't be hard to find.

Now. A graphics card doesn't do it alone and you might have other hardware/software that makes the game "lag" to you.

Once upon a time ...

are the 3870's agp? sorry, i havent looked into agp cards for a very very long time, but last i checked 3870 was pci-e only

ya i edited, cuz you are correct.. blanked on the agp issue for a sec :P

Originally posted by Severinus

It's an AGP, not a PCI card he's looking for, people.
    You purchased the GeForce 7600 GS card which is no better or worse than a 6800 GT.
    A 7600 GT with 256 MB GDDR memory and you're good to go. Bear in mind that this card also comes in a PCI version... just so you don't buy the wrong one. The 7600 GT comes fairly cheap and shouldn't be hard to find.
    Now. A graphics card doesn't do it alone and you might have other hardware/software that makes the game "lag" to you.

we know what hes looking for, but thank you for blindly posting with out reading the thread.. Good Job

no worries :)

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

6800 to 7600 is not an upgrade but more like downgrade!!!

Also it looks that your main problem is the memory. I have 2G and it become compleatly full when play WAR. So 2G is like a minimum memory for WAR.

The second problem looks like your CPU. Some dual core will have great effect on the performance.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire