Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project X Gets Pushed

Comments

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Who knows. Kind of doubt that one programmer alone would make an MMORPG. (or a good one at least) Hopefully Admin can find out what's going on. He said he has been gone for 2 weeks. Could it have something to do with the Hurricanes in the Southern U.S. lately? (if he even lives near there, dunno if Admin has any information like that) Besides for that I don't know what he could be doing lol.

---------------------------- Desolation Guild Website ---------------------------
    Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Beta: AO: Alien Invasion
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• eynkieynki Member Posts: 10

I have always loved beta testing. but this adds a whole new dimention. I never thought I would be signing up for a beta test that I didnt even know what the product was.

This is a great spin on things and I like it a lot.

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I agree

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 45 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot
    Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 50 Wizard | Merlin / Alb
    Oceany 45 BM | Mordred / Mid
    Seabasy 48 Bard | Mordred / Hib

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430

Any new info on X? its been almost a month since the last Admin posting....

I'm applied for the beta as well and after reading every post in the topic... I almost feel like I have been waiting just as long as everyone else lol.

So yeah.... any new info?

---------------------------------------
    These are just my opinions, please direct your opinions of my opinions to your mama, not me and the other readers.
    Win XP Pro
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    1600 Mhz FSB
    1 Gig PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    160 Gig Ultra ATA HD
    GeForce FX5700 256MB AGP
    SoundBlaster Live 5.1
    8X DVD+/-RW

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

The admin will tell us when it is ready. He is twice as excited about it as we are.

-----------------

--Comedy and propriety... going together like Peanut Butter and Turpentine--

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Sorry for the lag here guys...

I did locate the programmer and he is working on it still.  I was not too pleased with what I saw in the first build so things need to be worked on still.  So far it is MAJOR late and MAJOR over budget.  I feel like I am getting a "tiny" taste of the pain game devs must go through image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Admin

I feel like I am getting a "tiny" taste of the pain game devs must go through image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

if i hadn't read "it's not a game" that would have been my answer

lol

whatever it is, great job keeping the hype up! No one has let a tad bit of information out! lol

over budget? man Mr. McGregor (eww..that makes you sound old, lemme just say "Craig"), you really are dedicated to this site if you put your hard earned cash into it!

well I can't wait till this X thing comes out, I'm guessing some type of skin for mmorpg.com

which is probably way off, but it's worth a shot at guessing!image

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430

I was hoping for Gaming Midgets.

These wonderful midgets would collect things IRL for us while we game.

Granted, some of you have children/gf/bf/husbands/wives for this ::::02::
    But others do not hehe.

Rock on with gaming midgets! GET ME A BEER! ::::20::

PS. Good deal on finding the programmer though. For a second I though MMORPGers have found the programmer and held him hostage to try to get info out of him ::::02::

These are just my opinions, please direct your opinions of my opinions to your mama, not me and the other readers.
    Win XP Pro
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    1600 Mhz FSB
    1 Gig PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    160 Gig Ultra ATA HD
    GeForce FX5700 256MB AGP
    SoundBlaster Live 5.1
    8X DVD+/-RW

• AosarAosar Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by BaFooN
    Project X is an MMORPG......

I bet it's a plot to take over the world...

- Aosar

- Aosar

• ThoomThoom Member Posts: 436
    Pssst whats the NDA? image

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by Aosar

I bet it's a plot to take over the world...
    - Aosar

Even that still wouldn't take THIS long to do.

Who's working on this, Blizzard?

"I have seen the future, and it has two wheels."

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by rathma
    Originally posted by Aosar .
    Who's working on this, Blizzard?image
    "I have seen the future, and it has two wheels."

*Laughs*

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• fartking7fartking7 Member Posts: 91
    What the *BEEP* is this Project X anyway!?!?!?!?!?!

poopee

• OjiSanOjiSan Member Posts: 32

haha but if they ever did decide too, itd be a perfect takeover

and yes the frustration is to much to bare......

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602
    I know what it is image

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]
    -Nemesis Studios CEIO-
    [email protected]

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807
    i think its funny that at the same time MMORPG games are having similar problems, pretty much the problem is that they say "OPEN BETA COMING SOON" and everyone is in a panic.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901
    I sended an application to be a Beta Tester the first day I saw you guys were asking for Beta Testers.  Still nothing... is there really that much demand to get into this project?

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

Project X? what is tha... OH YEAH! I am still interested in this lol. ILL WAIT 1000 YEARS FOR THIS! Is there any estimated time for when this will be made public? Last time i heard the developer couldn't be contacted.

Playing: Vanguard SoH
    Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I have a question.

Will X reset post counts and join dates? All of which I am quite proud of.

-----------------

"Comedy and propriety...going together like Peanut Butter and Turpentine"

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

No wipes of your member data at all.

As for X - it appears that we are about to begin legal action against the developers we hired.  5 months late and 25% over budget, and now apparently he is just flat out hiding from me - this is just not acceptable in my book image

I have another master developer lined up to do the job and he actually comes highly recomended by my new partner and best friend...he might be a tad more expensive - but X will be a better product as a result.

Hang tight all - I will never give up on this one - but apparently there will be obstacles along the way image

Setting X aside - there will be a new product coming soon to MMORPG.com that will be REALLY exciting.  This too will require a beta program - and a ton of feedback from our community.  This will be the new "pet project" for my new business partner who is an incredible web developer.

Thanks for all of your support.  Once we cough the money back out of this failed developer (one way or another) we will get X back on track.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

As for X - it appears that we are about to begin legal action against the developers we hired. 5 months late and 25% over budget, and now apparently he is just flat out hiding from me - this is just not acceptable in my book image
    I have another master developer lined up to do the job and he actually comes highly recomended by my new partner and best friend...he might be a tad more expensive - but X will be a better product as a result.
    Hang tight all - I will never give up on this one - but apparently there will be obstacles along the way image
    Setting X aside - there will be a new product coming soon to MMORPG.com that will be REALLY exciting. This too will require a beta program - and a ton of feedback from our community. This will be the new "pet project" for my new business partner who is an incredible web developer.
    Thanks for all of your support. Once we cough the money back out of this failed developer (one way or another) we will get X back on track.- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Hahahahahah... he's "hiding" from you?

Bah.. well anyway good luck with.. can't wait to try it out, one way or another..

And same goes with the other "new product".

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• DienekesDienekes Member Posts: 484

Give me his name...I'll get your money for you. Darn him for standing in my way of the precious Project-X! DARN HIM! What is Project-X btw? ::::01::::::18::::::35::

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons."

"Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed."

"Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

• ramabamalamaramabamalama Member Posts: 2
    Keep it coming!

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

As for X - it appears that we are about to begin legal action against the developers we hired. 5 months late and 25% over budget, and now apparently he is just flat out hiding from me - this is just not acceptable in my book image
    Setting X aside - there will be a new product coming soon to MMORPG.com that will be REALLY exciting. This too will require a beta program - and a ton of feedback from our community. This will be the new "pet project" for my new business partner who is an incredible web developer.
    Thanks for all of your support. Once we cough the money back out of this failed developer (one way or another) we will get X back on track.- MMORPG.COM Staff -

ack! you got me all excited again, lol

• MrxknownMrxknown Member Posts: 34

What is X? and is there a Mr. X?

Mrxknown
    Lifelong TRI Pilot

Jumpgate Evolution

This discussion has been closed.