Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey Obraik what are your feelings on this?

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swgclientr2008091914515bg1.jpg

I keep getting this message every time I transfer my stuff and it is becoming very annoying because instead of putting everything in a nice container and cleaning out my Inventory I have to place everything on the floor and can't put stuff in my backpack. It says to put it in my bank but I don't know how to do that or how to get a bank because I've never had to use one in the game before and if I did it woulda been in 2003/04 and I wouldn't remember anyways.

So I'm wondering if this feature is really needed or if you can ask the developers to remove it so I can put items where I want? Another thing I'm not happy about is on the transition from CU to NGE I somehow lost all my pilot Experience and I'm now a pilot noob even though I mastered it before....

But yeh its a feature I would like to get rid of and I'm asking you because you know more about the game than me and didn't get banned from the forums in 2005 for asking for pre nge servers.

Comments

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by PapaLazarou

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swgclientr2008091914515bg1.jpg

I keep getting this message every time I transfer my stuff and it is becoming very annoying because instead of putting everything in a nice container and cleaning out my Inventory I have to place everything on the floor and can't put stuff in my backpack. It says to put it in my bank but I don't know how to do that or how to get a bank because I've never had to use one in the game before and if I did it woulda been in 2003/04 and I wouldn't remember anyways.

So I'm wondering if this feature is really needed or if you can ask the developers to remove it so I can put items where I want? Another thing I'm not happy about is on the transition from CU to NGE I somehow lost all my pilot Experience and I'm now a pilot noob even though I mastered it before....

But yeh its a feature I would like to get rid of and I'm asking you because you know more about the game than me and didn't get banned from the forums in 2005 for asking for pre nge servers.

From the image, it's clear that you're trying to move your YT 2400 deed, which is an item that can't be stored anywhere but on your person or in a bank.  There are a few items like this in the game, which can't be dropped in a house you own, for example.

This one thing can only be moved to your bank.  You have a 100 item storage safety deposit box  you can access from any bank terminal anywhere in the galaxy.  Prior to the NGE your safety deposit box could only be accessed on one planet, but you could, by first emptying out the safety deposit box and withdrawing all your credits, make it possible to reopen it elsewhere.

So, the solution is to bop over to the nearest bank terminal and open your deposit box and transfer the YT 2400 deed there for safekeeping.  Click on the bank, and hit ~ to bring up the radial menu and then click on the appropriate menu item to open up your deposit box.  You can then drag and drop items from your inventory into the box.

As for your pilot skills, I'd try submitting a CS ticket to get that fixed.  Might take a lot of prodding of the CSRs to get any action, though.  You'd think they'd be more than happy to help out a returning player...

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• PapaLazarouPapaLazarou Member Posts: 502

It's not just the Deed though I have tons of Items which can't be put into a container so I have to leave them on the floor or can't be taken out of my Inventory to put in the house or even put in my backpack........

It's very annoying because WHY can't I put them in containers in my house? Whats the big game breaking issue that'll happen if I do this?

Originally posted by PapaLazarou

It's not just the Deed though I have tons of Items which can't be put into a container so I have to leave them on the floor or can't be taken out of my Inventory to put in the house or even put in my backpack........

It's very annoying because WHY can't I put them in containers in my house? Whats the big game breaking issue that'll happen if I do this?

It looks like you've been busy on quests and getting a number of these "no trade/on your person or in your bank only" items.  It's very frustrating that you can't put them in a backpack, I know.  A serious PITA.  It's just dev greifing of players.

Lightsabers, for example, can be dropped on the floor of your house, but not placed in a container inside your house.  Don't ask me why...it's just the way it is.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

I soo would have laughed if the OP had posted a pic of Obraik's toon getting owned. I was expecting it, I was dissappointed though.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by tillamook

I soo would have laughed if the OP had posted a pic of Obraik's toon getting owned. I was expecting it, I was dissappointed though.

Lol, there's plenty of those around ;)  I do not fear death...

Anyway, yeah, in some ways things are a bit over the top on the whole No Trade situation.  There are situations I can understand it, such as the GCW rank rewards but there are others where I wonder why they were made No Trade.  Things like the LS hilt schems (I have a ton of these since my character has never been Jedi), the OR PSG schem (AS only schematic from DF2), that YT-2400 and a good majority of that Legacy stuff, just as some examples. 

Yes I do agree, it is mildly annoying that they can't be put in packs or other containers within a house.  One thing I haven't tried that I just thought about is maybe try put all the items in the pack while both the pack and the items are in your inventory and then drop the full pack.

Originally posted by Obraik

Yes I do agree, it is mildly annoying that they can't be put in packs or other containers within a house.  One thing I haven't tried that I just thought about is maybe try put all the items in the pack while both the pack and the items are in your inventory and then drop the full pack.

I'm pretty sure I've tried that and it doesn't work, you'll get the "top level inventory or bank only" error message.  But give it a shot.  There were a lot of loopholes with lightsabers initially, like puting your saber in a droid, then trading the droid, in order to get it to a smuggler to illegally (in both the in-game sense and in the game rules sense) slice the saber.  Those loopholes were slowly but surely closed, and it seems that that same ruleset has been applied to a lot of the no trade/unique items.

This is another example of the devs underestimating, or not anticipating, the ingenuity of the players.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• PapaLazarouPapaLazarou Member Posts: 502

I don't like the PVP in SWG anymore because I don't like the targetting system or UI and I tried to change it with the mods but its just not the same and I went back to the original because atm its much easier to use the default even though it sucks.

Right now I've just been looting PVE collection stuff and gotten lots of holocrons and stuff like that and selling them all on the Bazaar for 5000-20,000 credts because they're all selling for over 500,000 + a peice all the way upto 500 million and that proves the economy is broken. So I'm going to flood the Bazaar's with my cheap Holocrons and collection lewt.... I'm selling crystal shard things and housing for 500-2000 credits.

I'm just trying to bring the prices down because it just puts off new players and its very hard for them to make money in the game. I'm giving away Armour of all CL that I've looted for like 200 credits lol, I don't care if its worth 100,000 credits I want new players to have a chance and have fun while hopefully bringing down prices.

I know some dicks will buy them and then sell them for higher prices though but aslong as some get to new players.

+ Obraik is there any news on a new UI or bringing the old one back and making the old targetting system the default one? Surely the devs know this is a issue by now and puts people off of playing.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

hey papa, I see ya won a Stargate beta key. Congratz. I'll see ya there:)

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

Originally posted by SioBabble

I'm pretty sure I've tried that and it doesn't work, you'll get the "top level inventory or bank only" error message.  But give it a shot.  There were a lot of loopholes with lightsabers initially, like puting your saber in a droid, then trading the droid, in order to get it to a smuggler to illegally (in both the in-game sense and in the game rules sense) slice the saber.  Those loopholes were slowly but surely closed, and it seems that that same ruleset has been applied to a lot of the no trade/unique items.

This is another example of the devs underestimating, or not anticipating, the ingenuity of the players.

Actually, it did work :)  So, I might go re-organise the bottom of my guild hall now that I found a way around it...

• ekicekic Member Posts: 163

Lol, there's plenty of those around ;)

*starts going through screenshots* :P

Originally posted by ekic

I'll go searching for the pics I have of you in the box :P

• ekicekic Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by ekic

I'll go searching for the pics I have of you in the box :P

lol