Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, its not awful...

GalgamemnonGalgamemnon Member Posts: 115

Its not great either, Its the usual asian grind but as always each asian mmorpg has a refreshing storyline and atmosphere that gets me to play them =)

Honestly, better than every asian mmorpg, so its deffinalty worth a look.

Comments

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

The game is so one sided though you literally quest and get the best gear every 4 levels, the only reason to venture to town is if you arent lucky enough to pick up the next level of sword or axe youre after.

There are no NPC quest givers except for the one every level that basically pumps you 30% and sets you onto your grinding way, the cash shop is a must if you want to succeed after 35 and also a must if you'd like to pvp, the mobs are copy + pasted with a bit of a color tint change. This game was fun until 40 when you pick your final class but it's so easy to gimp yourself.

if youre a sword + shield class dont bother using 2handers cuz ull gimp your shield, if you ever want to use a bow later you better use a bow for half your levels and magic? nothx, pvp is dominated by rangers killing you before you can click the logout button

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Galgamemnon

Its not great either, Its the usual asian grind but as always each asian mmorpg has a refreshing storyline and atmosphere that gets me to play them =)

Honestly, better than every asian mmorpg, so its deffinalty worth a look.

in case you didnt notice, most asian grinders have no storyline at all. 99% of asian grinders have a back story, but the quests are unrelated to the story and just relate to whichever mobs your suppose to kill or items your suppose to fetch. while RF does have a story line, tied in to the side your on, you still just grind, and there really arnt that many quests, one of the few games out that have nearly no quests when compared to most games.  Also the dead community isnt what most people look for when playing a RvsRvsR game.

there was a time, however when this game was full of players and the sides where close to being equal in chip wars...those days are long gone. if you are going to play this game i suggest finding out which side actually has players, or you will find yourself unable to level later on as zerg teams from the populated side constantly come to pay you a visit.

• milkwarrior1milkwarrior1 Member Posts: 4

This game was a great game back when it came out.  Team work was a must for higher lvls.  To me when the grind was gone the game was gone.  It was most populated when it was hard to lvl and hard to pt your skills.  You basically worked for what you got.  I remember it taking a buddy 18 hours of straight play to go from lvl 39 to lvl 40 and weeks for people to get from lvl 42 to lvl 43.  But thats what made the game great.  Starblade we miss you cuz and I think Wasteomind was the king off kings for stikers in this game official and private he was the bomb.

• TheHowellerTheHoweller Member Posts: 407
    Originally posted by milkwarrior1

It was most populated when it was hard to lvl and hard to pt your skills.  You basically worked for what you got.  I remember it taking a buddy 18 hours of straight play to go from lvl 39 to lvl 40 and weeks for people to get from lvl 42 to lvl 43.  But thats what made the game great. 

I will never understand this aspect of MMOs.  Why is it a valued trait in these games that it takes WEEKS to get a new level, and relatively nothing for it.

I "always" read of people saying, "It isn't worthwhile unless you work for it"...I really don't understand that though, I work in life; in a game I want to play and have fun. 

What a warped mentality. 

Perhaps I'm entirely wrong though, maybe hitting 41 and having your bow do 15 more damage was worth the seven days straight you played.

-------------------------------
    It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    Originally posted by atziluth...
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481
    Originally posted by TheHoweller

Originally posted by milkwarrior1

It was most populated when it was hard to lvl and hard to pt your skills.  You basically worked for what you got.  I remember it taking a buddy 18 hours of straight play to go from lvl 39 to lvl 40 and weeks for people to get from lvl 42 to lvl 43.  But thats what made the game great. 

I will never understand this aspect of MMOs.  Why is it a valued trait in these games that it takes WEEKS to get a new level, and relatively nothing for it.

I "always" read of people saying, "It isn't worthwhile unless you work for it"...I really don't understand that though, I work in life; in a game I want to play and have fun. 

What a warped mentality. 

Perhaps I'm entirely wrong though, maybe hitting 41 and having your bow do 15 more damage was worth the seven days straight you played.

I totally agree with you mate.  As far as I can see, the ultra-tedious time sink required for these type of games is so that people who have no social life can somehow fell superior and elitist by churning out a max level character.

I don't buy the arguement that people like the timesink so that only 'hardcore players' can take part in pvp, etc.  I used to try and keep up with players in games like L2 and FFXI, and tried this, but they all require such horrific amounts of time that I am not willing to do them.  Perhaps if they were not mind-numbingly tedious, doing the same thing over and over again.   Maybe then I could put in more hours.  But now I see grinders as the colossol waste of time that they are.

• TheHowellerTheHoweller Member Posts: 407

*Amen*

I can only stand playing the only MMO I still play now, about 5 hours a week.  The MMO market needs to change, at least for me.  Until then I'll be on my 360, with my woman, or working (life sucks).

It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    Originally posted by atziluth...
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Even though they increased the xp/pt rates the game is still a grind and the community went downhill once the game went FTP, which was expected. 

Then again every year when a new update for the game finally comes out the servers are overpopulated for the first week then it dies down again...games always been like that sadly. 

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

How many misconceptions can you cram into one post?

Very few people on the game are past lvl 50, for the moment you can think of lvl 50 as the lvl cap.

46-47 was the first lvl that took me longer than a day.... how is that a bad grind? lol

The pt rates are insane, I gimped a melee character and it took me 2 days to max (from the mid 50s) melee, defense and shield at the same time.

If you don't like this sort of game then fair enough, I don't always have the energy to play it and just work on my character every few months. Making ridiculous claims like it takes a week to lvl up @ 40 is just bizarre.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243

of course, its not awful. there's no awful game anyway. every game has its own signature that holds its fan.

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

I really believe RF online is one of the most boring games i've ever tried...