Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Everquest

Blue3988Blue3988 Member Posts: 2

Hello, Me and a couple of my friends are starting new accounts in everquest.  We are trying to figure a 3 man group that could possibly level all the way up.  I haven't played everquest since Lodn was released.  We are planning on making a Necro, Beastlord, and a mage.  What do you think?

Comments

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

(1)  I would not return to Everquest.  You will be disappointed;

(2)  If you have a trio, I would do it differently.

(a)  You need a healer;

(b)  Beastlord can be DPS and slow, but it cannot tank;

(c)  You need a tank.

I suggest, then, a real tank class (Warrior, SK, Paladin); with slow (beastlord or shaman); and heal (druid or cleric).  People say shamans can heal, and I disagree.  I have a Shaman, and it is not as easy.  I also have a Cleric and Druid, and the Cleric is the best (of course), but Druid has good combos.

SK, Beastlord, and Druid.

Buffs.  Tank.  Slow. Heal. 

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Player tanks are mana sponges.  If you want to level inefficiently, get a player tank and waste a slot on a healer.

Necro, bst and mage is actually a very, very efficient group where everybody gets to play offense(less so for the bst later on though).

Basically you'll blast through the first 50 levels without much thought or strategy.  In the low 50s on through you'll want to fear kite or just regular kite everything so you won't have to waste mana healing your pets.

In the cases where you might want to farm named monsters, the mage earth pet is your best choice although I don't think any pet would work against a level 70+ named.   Beastlords get a very good slow spell at 60 and there will be alot of indoor situations that will be much more manageable with it.

Overall you'll level faster than just about any group configuration(apart from maybe 3 necros) and with a slower in the group you'll be able to pull off some amazing feats by yourselves later on.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

Every class combo can "blast through" to level 50.  In fact, you can get to 65 pretty quickly.

IF they want a suitable, sustainable, viable group for levels 60/65+, they will need a tank, healer, slower, and hopefully some DPS in there. 

I would like to see how far that trio gets when they hit 65:

"LFG.  Necro. Bstl, and Mage.  Need Healer and Tank.  Pst."

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by declaredemer

Every class combo can "blast through" to level 50.  In fact, you can get to 65 pretty quickly.

IF they want a suitable, sustainable, viable group for levels 60/65+, they will need a tank, healer, slower, and hopefully some DPS in there. 

I would like to see how far that trio gets when they hit 65:

"LFG.  Necro. Bstl, and Mage.  Need Healer and Tank.  Pst."

You never played a suitable, sustainable, viable solo class did you?   

My youtube MMO gaming channel

Originally posted by Chieftan

You never played a suitable, sustainable, viable solo class did you?   

LOL.  I think I have every class to level 65.  I have several to 75.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Blue3988

Hello, Me and a couple of my friends are starting new accounts in everquest.  We are trying to figure a 3 man group that could possibly level all the way up.  I haven't played everquest since Lodn was released.  We are planning on making a Necro, Beastlord, and a mage.  What do you think?

Don't come back is my recommendation.

Very few friendly people are left in Everquest. Especially the high end players are incredibly rude in general.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Blue3988

Any combo is a good combo if you have 3 dedicated players. Don't listen to the people here saying the high level guys are rude because not all are. You always have Dicks. But there frustrations are they dont think new people are commited and feel you will leave. If you show your not then they are not so rude if they were. The game is old and only Vets play it now so not knowing the game is the main grip with the upper peeps. But i love EQ but its just not the same to me anymore so i am unable to play. If they let my char be max level though i would come back because then i would only have to get AA's and then i will get to things in EQ i want to do. But doing the Level Grind to that point right now is like not going to happen.