Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players already found Exploits to assist RVR!

Last night on an Oceanic server (cause US local server was down)

I was defending the camps in the Empire starting zone.

Taking the flags running around.

And I see this Zealot (level 10) by the flag. I killed him, and after 3-4 seconds he spawned again right where he died. He was not flagged for RVR and walked around and started dancing and doing specials. And then attacked us.. we beat him down again.. and same thing.. he self resurrected no flagged and started walking around taunting.. and laughing..

for over an hour this guy had been doing this keeping us tied up while destruction came in and stood there.

He wasn't getting resurrected by any other player and he was obviously exploiting some bug

I reported him.

This is a TERRIBLE bug. Ruined the RVR experience a bit for me.

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Pangaea

Last night on an Oceanic server (cause US local server was down)

I was defending the camps in the Empire starting zone.

Taking the flags running around.

And I see this Zealot (level 10) by the flag. I killed him, and after 3-4 seconds he spawned again right where he died. He was not flagged for RVR and walked around and started dancing and doing specials. And then attacked us.. we beat him down again.. and same thing.. he self resurrected no flagged and started walking around taunting.. and laughing..
    for over an hour this guy had been doing this keeping us tied up while destruction came in and stood there.
    He wasn't getting resurrected by any other player and he was obviously exploiting some bug
    I reported him.
    This is a TERRIBLE bug. Ruined the RVR experience a bit for me.

Um, this is a bug, and its what they brought down the servers last night to fix.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• JsteinerJsteiner Member Posts: 217

Solution a: Open RvR servers

Solution b:

The ultimate solution to every problem: more space marines.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Interesting.  I have never seen anyone "self resurrect" but I have had a few instances where I clicked the respawn button and I pop back up where I died.  Never had it happen in RvR though.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • Sober_SeanSober_Sean Member CommonPosts: 170

The first response is the accurate one.  It was a bug, they took the servers down for two hours and corrected it because people were exploiting it.  That is all. 

They have pie and cake and soda in another thread, nothing to see here.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Sober_Sean

The first response is the accurate one.  It was a bug, they took the servers down for two hours and corrected it because people were exploiting it.  That is all. 

They have pie and cake and soda in another thread, nothing to see here.

PIE AND SODA!!! What thread!!!??

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• elondorelondor Member Posts: 171

are you surprised? daoc to this day is the most hack infested piece of garbage pvpfest you could ever play, btw in case you didn't know, was created by the same guys.  i take that back, counter-strike is the most hack infested, but as far as mmo's go, daoc is the most hack infested. 

if you expect to have a non-hacked fair fight within war, good luck.. i got some real cheap land I can sell you too.

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

Um, the only real 'hacks' in DAoC aren't even true hacks. Window dragging is not a hack. /stick exploiting is taking advantage of people who don't know how to control their character and rely on an in-game command to win the game for them.

Speedhack is available in all games that do not set a limit to the amount of requests a client can have per second or minute, so if you think it isn't used in WoW or any other game you're pretty much a moron.

So what are all of these hacks you're talking about by the way? You probably should learn what a hack is and try the word exploit and in DAoC it is easy to counter both of these 'hacks' you're probably talking about.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Dear OP, this happened to me yesterday.

I logged in and I was in a keep. I got killed and got right back up again. After that happening a few times, the enemy was attacking me (about 5 of them) and my health bar wasn't moving at all. I could hit them though.

Being the brave soul that I am, I used task manager to shut the game, then sent in a ticket on an alt. The servers came down for an update maybe 3 hours later.