Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stringless bow's, Endless Ammo or am I just picky?

Don't get me wrong I am having a blast playing this game. I guess it's just polish....Oh andI'd love to be able to feed my lion. He get's hungry.

However, is this just unecessary fluff?

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

Comments

• OrionManOrionMan Member Posts: 423

Apparently not according to xfire statistics.

• KaenashKaenash Member Posts: 120

I would imagine that from the distance, most times the string of a bow is going to appear so thin as to not really fit the resolution of the game.

The game doesn't simulate beard growth, going to the bathroom, child birth, paying a mortgage, the weird nervous leg syndrome when you sit down and your foot starts tapping.  I can jog all day and never get tired or want to sit down.

my character never eats, why doesn't he need three square meals a day? This guy jogs everywhere he goes all the time and never needs to drink some water? His only diet is some potions?

His backpack is giant, he can actually carry 48 swords on his person at one time and still run at the same speed.

All these potions in his backpack, he never breaks any of them?

I can actually find exactly the right one I am looking for and access it in this backpack full of 48 other items in a split second (if I hot barred it)

I died earlier and was ressurected, why am I not worshipped as a God?

And you want to count how many arrows you own because it's not realistic?

Repeat to yourself:

It's a game.

It's just a game

(repeat as needed)

Not a simulation of actual life.

The fun parts were included

The parts they could include and still meet launch were included

All the mundane boring stuff like running back to a vendor to buy more 200 throwing axes to carry around with you, or taking a crap was left out.

You can abstract/imagine that at some point your guy does this when you are not logged in if it helps with the immersion factor.

• ImjinImjin Member Posts: 366

Isnt endless ammo sort of a given in most MMOS?

Fungerer som det skal

• LynxariaLynxaria Member UncommonPosts: 9

I know it wasn't in FFXI, and cost an arm and a leg too. I for one am happy about endless ammo :)

See you in Net-Slum.

• verndvernd Member Posts: 600

Having to buy and carry around ammo is tedious and lame and breaks your class if you're in an area where no vendors are available and run out. I am honestly surprised that even WoW adopted this ancient relic of MMO gaming.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

A bowstring  they should fix but ammo is really just annoying... Hated when you got out of Ammo in EQ2, it wasnt expensive or anything but just a bother.

• lortegedlorteged Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by OrionMan

Apparently not according to xfire statistics.

Lol... someone get this troll back to AoC...

Who cares about X-Fire statistics? ... My X-Fire diddent recognize WAR untill yesterday, after a patch of the program.

Mabey that have something to do with it.

But no mater how you turn it, WAR is still a bigger game than AOC :)

Back to topic, i dont mind the unlimited arrows, its like that in most mmorpg's i've played, buying arrows, that takes up room and cash for bow using chars isnt cool imo.

The string un the bow.. well, that's just another thing we can hope for in the future, imo, first comes the gameplay, when it works as expected, go to the details.

•  I hate having to buy ammo, what a waste of time.

I don't consider it polish at all.  Strings on bows maybe, ammo no.  These should not be realistic in that way.

• velksvelks Member Posts: 33

It all comes down to the type of MMO.  EQ1 was the first big hit cuase it included all these things like Food, ammo and even Sense heading. It all really depends on the game itself, From Darkfall and EQ1 I would expect to have to buy arrows and food.  From War, Wow, ect I would not.  The feel of each game is ( and should be)different so others should expect that the play style and whats required in each game should be too.

• iamjmkiamjmk Member Posts: 51

I suppose I may be in the minority here but I will agree with the original poster and say bow strings would be nice. The ammo I could take or leave, I don't mind buying the ammo and it added a level of immersion that I enjoyed. Still that issue is just a quibble IMO the bow strings I would really like to see added in. All of this is my opinion  you of course are welcome to disagree. Cheers all!

• KaenashKaenash Member Posts: 120

Why is it when I kill a guy carrying a sword, I can't take his sword?

Why is it when some one kills me, they can't take any of my gear, but if I do get looted they may find a witch elf sock, even though I am an Archmage and wouldn't have been carrying that around with me.

I just killed a wild hog, some how I pulled out a staff when I looted it?

Out of what hole did that staff come from? and is it covered in hog guts?

I've killed people all day, but I am wearing a white robe, never gets blood on it, even my own?

I just jumped OFF A CLIFF but because I am 40th level, I took only a little bit of damage. I didn't break my frigging head open?

You want to manage ammunition because it's not realistic to not have it, but you readily accept these other gaming conventions?

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Kaenash

Why is it when I kill a guy carrying a sword, I can't take his sword?

Why is it when some one kills me, they can't take any of my gear, but if I do get looted they may find a witch elf sock, even though I am an Archmage and wouldn't have been carrying that around with me.

I just killed a wild hog, some how I pulled out a staff when I looted it?
    Out of what hole did that staff come from? and is it covered in hog guts?
    I've killed people all day, but I am wearing a white robe, never gets blood on it, even my own?
    I just jumped OFF A CLIFF but because I am 40th level, I took only a little bit of damage. I didn't break my frigging head open?
    You want to manage ammunition because it's not realistic to not have it, but you readily accept these other gaming conventions?

I have always had to laugh at MMOs when I pull out a full suit of platemail out of a rat.  But what fun would it be to not find any loot in animals?  No one would kill them.  As for blood splatter on clothing, that would be pretty easy.  I believe Requiem Bloodymare has blood splatter on your PC.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand