Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date?

jimitrialjimitrial Member Posts: 9

When is this coming out? And how hard is it to get into Beta? Looks awesome.

Comments

• DraganceDragance Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by blackhand231

its coming out in early 09

we're hopeing ^^;

• blackhand231blackhand231 Member Posts: 69

yeah lol it would be nice. also there is no beta only preview events. also you should look around before you post stuff cause you can always get it easily if you just look around on the internet or around these fourms.

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Aion's tenative release date is somewhere in Q1 2009. There will not be betas, since S. Korea already did that for us. Instead, NA and EU will get "Preview Events" like with GuildWar's release back in 2005. Remember that? Preview weekends? Yeah. That's what I'm expecting. See AionSource.com for more information. :)

• ErszebethErszebeth Member Posts: 6

I think it'll be just like Guild Wars preview events too, which is access to a limited part of the map and no higher than 10 levels.

I just hope I won't see assassins named Naruto or  xX Naruto Xx running everywhere, like for the preview event of faction...

• Daith148Daith148 Member Posts: 6

Why does it say 2008 on mmorpg homepage? and 30 of oct 2008 on amazon whe it has already been confirmed sometime in 2009?

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249
    Originally posted by Daith148

Why does it say 2008 on mmorpg homepage? and 30 of oct 2008 on amazon whe it has already been confirmed sometime in 2009?

The people who are in charge of that information are either too lazy, waiting for official confirmation, or just plain doesn't realize it needs to be updated.

*shrugs*

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

O.o I don't even know if I want to be in the preview events, if it's for a weekend I'll never be able to actually play.  The weekend for me is to spend time with the family, I actually get less gaming done on those days...

Therefore I'm hoping it's at least a week long thing, otherwise I'll just order the collector's edition, and hang tight until release day. :/

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• j0nb0yj0nb0y Member Posts: 29

I can pretty much guarantee we wont be getting it Q1 2009. Their studio in Brighton where the majority of the localisation was being undertaken has had 50 layoffs it was in the local paper the other week ( i live in brighton). This is due to their restructuring to become NCSoft West which will take responsibility for all releases in EU and USA. They are creating a new studio which will take over the task and this will delay things :( :( ...

• potyecpotyec Member Posts: 1

Hi all !

I want to ask only is it possible to have open beta key from somwhere ?   When starts the open beta ?! If somebody know that pls. send me comment or mail .  Thx

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 314

Me too..

• archisisarchisis Member UncommonPosts: 58

Reading is fundamental.

You will find all your answers if you READ the game forums, official websites and even a few posts on this very thread.

• hadub1hadub1 Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by blackhand231

• zeeZerzeeZer Member Posts: 36

Why bother to go the hard route and search for sources of information and actually read them when you can just spread your half-assed question you didn't even bother proof-reading across the net and impatiently wait 5 minutes for someone to answer it?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by zeeZer

Why bother to go the hard route and search for sources of information and actually read them when you can just spread your half-assed question you didn't even bother proof-reading across the net and impatiently wait 5 minutes for someone to answer it?

Well, when you think about it, why bother if you can get someone w/o a chip on their shoulder to answer a simple question or two? 

In the time it takes to make your 'witty' reply you could have answered the original question.

But eh, why should you bother?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Kyleran

But eh, why should you bother?

I was actually going to answer the question yesterday or the day before, but then I didn't bother because the answer is on the previous page...

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• FihtheninjaFihtheninja Member Posts: 40

I dont remember where I saw it, but there was a video a while back showing how a large amount of Aion is already translated, I think right now its avoiding th "All your base are belong to us"

• rafmeisterrafmeister Member Posts: 69

The layoffs are old news and had nothing to do with the Aion project. As for an earlier posters question about betal. there is not going to be any NA open beta. They will have preview events though.

• KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

I understood first quarter of 2009 which will be here mighty fast.

And guy with the bunny...its crooked!!

GlassEye

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197

Ok yup my guess in early 09 as they are going into open beta in korea this october, meaning that it shouldn't be too far off. And as far as getting into the open beta is concerned, if your not korean, tough luck your not getting in unless your dumbledore or gandalf or something.

------------------------------