Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly whats the point of playing Order?

Comments

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

On my server it seems as if Order rules the scenarios but Destro rules the contested zones. 

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

the one that 'looks like a girl' is probably the best tank in the game, swordmasters are an awesome class. not sure why more people don't play them i think people are just tired of being elves and dwarves.

• ZhqrxtZhqrxt Member Posts: 152

I play Bright Wiz on Order. So far a awesome class - but it really feels like i rolled the fotm. There is aLOT of BW`s. Sometimes i think ppl rolled BW`s for same reason that i did: was so tired of playing a Mage in WOW, beeing nothing but a second rank magician who summons water and food and do crappy dps.

I havent really find any melee class on Order i really like. Maruaders ( i have a rank 8 alt) seems incredible fun on the other hand. Destro`s tanks and melee classes just seems to fit the role better -both visually and mastery wise. The scenario win/loose is something like 7-8 wins for each 10 looses. But honestly it seems like the typical reason why u loose is because the team is beeing out lvl`ed. In R vs R its another thing though. Order simply cant muster the numbers to launch a decent offense or defense. Destruction  dominates.

Have been playing for 4 days or so. I must admit im still not sure what advantges the winning teams are getting. Do they open up better vendors and suchs?

• KailashKailash Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by vmoped

Originally posted by Magsato

I see no reason to play Order on a server that does not hav e a full population.
    Order rarely controls anything in open RVR, on Drifting Castle I have NEVER seen a single keep go Order since the Headstart began. Ever.
    When we do attempt to take keeps or control points we are either completely and totally outnumbered, or only outnumbered a little bit in which case we will still have 1 tank to their 8 or 9 and this leads to having to beat on their troops for about 3 times as long as it takes for them to beat on ours.
    One time I lead 15 people averaging lvl 15 into Ostland in order to take a Keep, there were no Destruction there at all. We got into the Keep easily, got past all the guards easily, but the Keep Lord would ust go around one shotting us, we had 2 tanks one 14, one 17, and they would both die so quickly from the 4 champs and one Hero that the healers couldnt keep them alive.
    I am sorry but right now I see no reason to participate in any sort of open RvR as my Order character, and honestly Scenarios suffer from the lack of tanks as well. I would say that at least 50% of players who would play as a Tank do not want to be a Dwarf or an Elf, we need our KotBS back...

We do not have this issue on my server: Badlands US core. In fact the order side was spanking us to begin with and now its starting to even out. If you do not like your server, then you can always reroll to a new one, or you can form a destruction guild and work together (in larger numbers).

Cheers!

Yep...this is my mains server....we shit all over destruction here. So come on over :)

• KailashKailash Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Locklain

Phoenix Throne, I lost every tier 2 scenario I joined yesterday as Destruction.  Also, Order held all tier 2 keeps and objectives later that day (say after 2pm CST until ).  To say Destruction wins all of the time to me just sounds like whinning. 

Phoenix is known to have shitty destruction players and godly order....i would say destruction owns about 80% of the servers. maybe 90

• Lizard_SFLizard_SF Member Posts: 348

Come to Ostergard. Every time I'm doing the "lakes", there's barely one Destruction to be seen, and usually he's running. :)

• dasBoogdasBoog Member UncommonPosts: 10

Order just plain needs it's human tank.  The "human" race is generally the most played in any MMO.  Take a class from one of the most played races and you're gonna have an issue.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by mrnutz1065

The chaos look badass. Orcs look cool in their armour. The high elves look like pansies in their little dresses, and nobody seems to roll the dwarves. On Eu servers last time I checked pretty much all the servers had a higher destruction population. On our server we are getting absolutely annihilated.

I think if people understood the possible context they might be able to except light elves.

It seems their clothing is inspired by Ancient Egyptian or even Sumerian clothing.

You can't look at it in the context of contemporary clothes.

God, it's like people have never opened a book!

In any case I've rolled a light elf tank as I like the look of them and the two handed sword fighting style.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

It is clearly not just a problem of server choice.

Personally I feel that GOA made too many servers in EU, which is good for Destruction, but bad for Order.

As most of the Destruction realms are full or near full, many of the Order realms stay low or medium.

They should have released less servers and force some of the Destruction to roll Order ...

They did this to some extent, but eventually gave in ( by adding more servers ) and this killing Order.

On our server ( Finuval Plains ) we generally have a Med-High ( Order ) to High-Full ( Destruction ) server, so it is not that bad with us, but there are servers who have it alot worse.

Greetz

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

People naturally gravitate to the "dark side."  Hard-cores go there and people that want ez wins follow them.  But in this case it is a bit deeper, IMO.

1. Losing the Human tank was way more damaging to the Order than losing the Dark Elf tank was to the Destruction.  Many gamers who wanted to be a human tank simply chose to roll Destruction.  On the otherhand, I don't miss the Dark Elf tank.  Do you?

2. Losing the Dwarf DPS was not a big deal.  Losing the Choppa was, but the Black Orc is such a BAMF that no one cares... all the "choppa guys" just rolled an orc and are still satisfied.

This results in WAY more tanks for Destruction.  This isn't Warcraft where your PvE tank isn't worth a darn in PvP, this is Warhammer and tanks are very important for PvP.  Basicly Order got fcuked.

That being said, I'm currently playing a WL and I enjoy the under-dog tone of the Order on Ironfist and we hold our own in Senarios and RvR.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

hardcore players go to destruction ? *lol*

Quite the oposite actually.. most players i see going for the dest side are new players joinning the zerg. Players who want a chalenge and excel towards perfection go order since its much harder and valable to win playing order than playing dest where everyone wins easly or almost.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • ZhqrxtZhqrxt Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by EduardoASG

Quite the oposite actually.. most players i see going for the dest side are new players joinning the zerg. Players who want a chalenge and excel towards perfection go order since its much harder and valable to win playing order than playing dest where everyone wins easly or almost.

I think you`re right here. If Destruction had been outnumbered i think the older -experienced Mmo players have been rolling that faction. There is something " Fotm" about Destruction atm.

• jakkarsjakkars Member Posts: 207

I play Order as well and I don't want to pvp anymore. I go pve instead since it's ok, but not ok enough since pvp is the reason I play this game.

Pvp is not enjoyable with all these marauders,chosen and black orcs coming and smash all of us because we don't have enough tanks and therefore the most of us are clothusers= easy kill for Destruction. On my server Destruction wins 8 out of 10 fights, and we only win when we have enough tanks.

As I said before the problems with tanks on Order is not the classes but the looks. Many think dwarves are ugly and elves has for many people been too gay. The biggest mistake from Mythic was that they removed KoTBS, since most players who wants to play tank on order would play Empire.

So Mythic do something or I will switch to the dark side and I'm not the only one.

• MagsatoMagsato Member Posts: 230

So I just checked out 3 servers to look into rolling on a new one as so many have suggested as the fix tothis issue...

Well

Volkmar: ALL tier 3 zones LOCKED by destruction, 2/3 tier zones LOCKED by destruction, Dwarf area was not locked but destruction controlled all keeps.

Azazel: ALL tier 3 zones LOCKED by destruction, all tier 2 keeps in destructions control, but not locked.

Badlands: 1/3 Tier 3 zones LOCKED by destruction all keeps controlled by destruction, ALL tier 2 keeps owned by destruction.

Sure its noon on a weekday but IMO that should mean that both populations of players are down people, but having ALL the tier 2 and 3 keeps on 3 of the largest servers are all owned by destruction and a large chunk of those zones are flat out locked completely... is ridiculous.... 

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

Great, I just rolled order to help the cause but I didn't roll a tank.  I didn't get the "they need tanks" memo. 

Ok, so now which tank to they need more of?  I would rather play SM.  Any order guilds on a high order pop server need a SM?

I'll roll one today.  I'll be T3 in one week.

Although I am having a blast playing an Engineer.

I just soloed an black orc (again) my level as an engineer, perhaps I should stick with the engy.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Hey GreenChaos,

Welcome to the ORDER side of life, though despite I wanted to roll Destro, here I am with my guild as a SM. I hear the Iron Breaker though is the best tank to choose from the 2, but I believe its what best suits you.

IB = Toughness .. this is the tank that Destro hates the most

SM = Has more DPS ..

Ironbreaker vs Chaos (similiar)

Swordmaster vs Black Orc (similiar)

at least from my point of view...

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Zhqrxt

Originally posted by EduardoASG

I think you`re right here. If Destruction had been outnumbered i think the older -experienced Mmo players have been rolling that faction. There is something " Fotm" about Destruction atm.

I have to agree as well, however, that is not going to stop me from playing a class I want to.  Mythic didn't do a very good job picking classes for the Order side.  Most of them are so blah in both looks as well as function.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Personally, I rolled a Witch Elf from the start because it falls in line with the type of characters I typically like to play (Dark Elf dual-wielders). I played a Blade Dancer in Lineage 2, as another example... 

Thing is, in WAR, I see the imbalance between the sides and, since I like to be challenged - even if it means losing a lot - I decided to help the cause and roll an Order character. I'm now playing a Witch Hunter (still get to dual-wield! woot! :-p) and am finding it to be a pretty neat class. I like their class-specific gear.

It might suck to not win all the time, but it's beyond boring (to me) to have little or no challenge at all.

I understand where the "always wanting to be on the winning side" comes from, I just don't find it that important. Win or Lose, if I'm having fun, that's all that matters to me.

Besides, there's a certain appeal to being the underdog.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Personally, I rolled a Witch Elf from the start because it falls in line with the type of characters I typically like to play (Dark Elf dual-wielders). I played a Blade Dancer in Lineage 2, as another example... 
    Thing is, in WAR, I see the imbalance between the sides and, since I like to be challenged - even if it means losing a lot - I decided to help the cause and roll an Order character. I'm now playing a Witch Hunter (still get to dual-wield! woot! :-p) and am finding it to be a pretty neat class. I like their class-specific gear.
    It might suck to not win all the time, but it's beyond boring (to me) to have little or no challenge at all.
    I understand where the "always wanting to be on the winning side" comes from, I just don't find it that important. Win or Lose, if I'm having fun, that's all that matters to me.
    Besides, there's a certain appeal to being the underdog.

I think the "always wanting to be on the winning side" comes from real world battles where its not as easy as clicking a respawn button.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

I do play Order side, mostly because a friend always plays a dwarf. But, the whole discussion reminds me of a episode of The Noob:

http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=180

--
    Leemeg.

• WarliteWarlite Member Posts: 4

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

My experience has been a little more varied even though I am just starting. Empire/Greek Skin scenario in T1 was ok. We won as many as we lost. We didn't have any tanks but fielded a lot of WP's and BW's. I don't know if we were just lucky, but we seemed to come up against mostly Chaos clothies. The T1 Elf/Dark Elf area was not a nice experience: we didn't win one single time. We had a few tanks, but were mainly white lions. In that sense it was partly our fault about what we were choosing to play. I think we had one Archmage trying to heal almost 2 groups of Order. We were also outnumbered consistantly by at least a 2:1 ratio.

I think that to help ourselves if more of us Order rolled healers and tanks, we'd be ok. There are a few issues with looks and the fact that some of our classes lack flare that Destruction has. I think people are being a bit too harsh though on looks. The way the characters look is based on Warhammer so there isn't a lot Mythic could have done to change it. However, I think it was poor choice to start high elves in white because we stand out like sore thumbs. Only the shadow warrior is a bit more toned down. It's better to not be so visible to the enemy. I have a painted army of High Elves and the colour scheme I chose for them was not white and blue....

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

yap, darkcrag here, order rulez. destro are foolz.

• jakkarsjakkars Member Posts: 207

Yay, after 6 battles where we lost, we finally won one. I think the reason is because there were not so many overpowered classes like black orcs, marauders and chosen this time.

• SteelguruSteelguru Member Posts: 118

Haven't read through this whole thread, but if people are looking for a decent server Order side, Ulthuan would be happy to have you.

We held several tier 2 keeps at once (Marshes, Barak Varr, Shadowlands at least) during prime time  Saturday night.   A couple I particpated in, had 100-200 Order defending I'd estimate at about 1.5 times that amount Destruction.   Yesterday went about 10-1 in Pheonix Gate (granted we had 6 of us grouped up and on vent). 

We are outnumbered by Destruction, and more coming would be a problem as the deck could be tilted quickly (we're only about medium pop Order).....would get boring for those guys without enough of us to beat on.   So if you are Destruction, stay away!   More Order could be useful, but we do have a decent base to start with, and what I saw over the weekend was a very positive sign for being able to compete end-game. 

Also, there seems to be a minimum of jackasses around so far which is cool.