Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canceling after ONE day - This game is a mess

Wow... where to begin...

Chat is broken so horribly no one even tries to use it but gold spammers.  It's completely dead otherwise.  

It's so bad I tried messaging the gold spammer just to see someone actually say something.  I clicked on the name in chat and nothing.    I guess the only way to respond to someone is to type their name?  WTF?

You can't link items in chat so if you do happen to find something nice, chances are it will not be usable for your class, there's no way to trade or sell it.

I'm assuming there's no auction house or at least I have not been able to find one.

Solo quests somehow magically turn in group quests???  You can be working an area and suddenly the monsters turn into completely different level mobs that one shot you?  Meanwhile you can't complete the noob quests because all the monsters in the area are suddenly impossible to kill?  Unexaplained timers showing up on the screen, when you joined nothing???  It's like just being in the area autojoins you to stuff? 

Video options?  No gamma control and game is dark as hell.  I've got a headache from hell from squinting all weekend trying to see wtf I'm doing.

Basically the game is about 1/2 complete.  It's a mess.  It's AOC all over again.  Nothing makes sense and with chat so horribly broke you can't even find a guild if you wanted to join one.  I thought AOC was bad, but my God, this POS takes the cake.    

Update...

OK... I found the warcamp and the flightmaster, was able to get to a city and found the AH so I might actually not uninstall the game until I play a little.

For those saying the monitor has a gamma setting, yes it does, but when you turn it up it screws it up for surfing the net.  No excuse for no in-game gamma setting. 

The chat system is terrible and not being able to link weapons is a killer.  Being able to link weapons and bs about where you found them gives you something to do in the downtime between grinding.  This needs to be fixed.  No excuse for not having this in the game. 

Game lets you vendor quest drops, you can then spend hours trying to find an item that will never drop again.  Don't know if I'll ever be able to finish one quest where you had to inspect some bag of gold (I vendored it). 

What's with the stacking death penalty?   Too easy to get killed thru not fault of your own in an area that should be safe and some "easy" champion boss comes along and ganks you.   Game seems harder then WOW or AOC to level.   

I'll give it a couple more days...

Comments

• BorkotronBorkotron Member Posts: 282

You must be suffering in your life.

• BlodplsBlodpls Member Posts: 1,454

Probably EA's fault, the slumlord of gaming strikes again.

• isolorisolor Member Posts: 189
    Originally posted by Railgunner

Wow... where to begin...
    Chat is broken so horribly not one even tries to use it but gold spammers.  It's completely dead otherwise.  
    I doubt chat is broken, More that people are just trying to learn how to play, and/or they are in a group or guild chat already

It's so bad I tried messaging the gold spammer just to see someone actually say something.  I clicked on the name in chat and nothing.    I guess the only way to respond to someone is to type their name?  WTF?
    You can link items in chat so if you do happen to find something nice, chances are it will not be usable for your class, there's no way to trade or sell it.
    I'm assuming there's no auction house or at least I have not been able to find one.
    I played in open beta and not sure about this myself, But there must be a way to sell what you have.
    Solo quests somehow magically turn in group quests???  You can be working an area and suddenly the monsters turn into completely different level mobs that one shot you?  Meanwhile you can't complete the noob quests because all the monsters in the area are suddenly impossible to kill?  Unexaplained timers showing up on the screen, when you joined nothing???  It's like just being in the area autojoins you to stuff? 
    What you are describing is Public Quests. They are actually fun, and if you participate in it you can get some good loot.
    Video options?  No gamma control and game is dark as hell.
    While I agree with you that it is dark, I believe that is what the dev's wanted it to like. They say it is war after all and should be dark and gritty.
    Basically the game is about 1/2 complete.  It's a mess.  It's AOC all over again.  Nothing makes sense and with chat so horribly broke you can't even find a guild if you wanted to join one.  I thought AOC was bad, but my God, this POS takes the cake.    
    Here I feel your opinion is just wrong. I don't play the game anymore cause of my own reasons.I would say the game is fine, it is not a mess. Besides a few bugs, it is a very polished game. Maybe just different than what your use to playing.

So maybe it is not the game you wanted. it is still a decent game for those that like RVR and can look past the graphics.

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

The OP is either a troll or he didn't read the manual or anything about the game at all.

Auction house is located in the Capital City which can be flown to from any warcamp.

Timers and Mobs changing in power are during Public Quests which if the OP had bothered reading anything he would know about.

Chat isn't used because everyone is actually playing and having fun and not sitting in the city telling idiotic chuck norris jokes or spamming skill names as a joke. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

Wow... where to begin...
    Chat is broken so horribly no one even tries to use it but gold spammers.  It's completely dead otherwise.  
    Chat isn't "broken" as much as counter-intuative.  It needs some love, no arguments.
    You can't link items in chat so if you do happen to find something nice, chances are it will not be usable for your class, there's no way to trade or sell it.
    I as well tried to broker low level greens/blues.  Truth is no one cares that much for two reasons.  First we are all rushing to 40.  Do I really care about those Blue Level 10 pants that much??? No.
    Secondly you assume incorrectly, there IS an auction house/trade hub.  One is located in each major city.  You can take a flight there at Tier 1, but, its unlikely the trip(s) would net you much profit by selling T1 items vs. the cost of flights back and forth. 
    Basicly, just wait until the AH needs you.  At your level, it doesn't.
    This can be frustrating, but, I have also found it to work to my advantage.  I can't tell you how happy I am to run across a PQ that is in Stage II or early Stage III.  Go all out and try to do as much DPS as possilbe and odds are  you will STILL get a grab bag if you have a lucky roll.  Once I got the top spot because I had a killer roll... I joined the PQ 1/2 thru the Last boss lol.
    If all else fails, just wait 5 min for the PQ to reset and then continue to kill your mobs.  If you can't wait that long then DO SOMETHING ELSE AND COME BACK...
    Video options?  No gamma control and game is dark as hell.  I've got a headache from hell from squinting all weekend trying to see wtf I'm doing.
    There are custom vid options, go to "Custom 1" or "custom 2" and have a ball!
    There are items of interest, bugs to work out, polish left to be ... well... polished.  So yeah this game needs some love, but, its not as bad as many games that have been release over the past few years.  In game,  I've been invited to several guilds without even asking so I'm not sure if that's a personal problem with your attitude or something... oh well. 

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

The post was so silly I think you are probably a troll but I guess I'll go ahead and feed you anyway.

1) Type /1 to chat in global chat. People don't chat a lot because there isn't much downtime in the game and you spend a lot of time in warbands.

2) Just type r to reply to the last person who sent you a message.

3) Auction houses are in the cities, go to them from a warcamp.

4) yeah no item linking, kind of wish it were in game but I can't see quitting over it.

5) Only time mobs change are in a PQ and that is by design. PQs are one of the strengths of the game but they are group content.

6) My game isn't dark so clue why yours is, I'm sure you can change gamma somewhere, either in the game settings or your graphics card control panel.

7) Game is nothing like AOC from a completeness standpoint, your complaints are all cosmetic(and a few are just ignorance) not missing/broken features. I'm guessing you have only played WOW from your post since a lot of this stuff would have been very obvious to anyone who played any older MORPGs.

• BintoweBintowe Member UncommonPosts: 47

No, this guy is an idiot.  The chat thing though, is valid.  I have not seen many people use it...it's usually because they're actually doing stuff and are too busy for idle chatter.  It's also because of the way Mythic split up the chat...there is no generic area wide channel, just channels split into the various regions in the tier.  There's no real time for idle banter in a PQ or scenario.  Hopefully, they will fix this later on.

There is an Auction House at the Altdorf or Inevitable City, depending on which side you are on.  Generally, the items you get are going to be just cash, since Mythic purposely designed the game so it was not as gear based.

You may want to actually try doing different quests other than the one you attempted with the high level mobs.  I know for a fact there are never a shortage of quests, particularly in the noob areas, where I assume you never left.

The autojoin thing is a problem, but at worst it takes a simple click to get rid of it for awhile.  Again, the issue isn't all that much of a problem.

My game is perfectly bright enough.  I suggest you check your monitor settings, as it could be a problem there.

Lastly, the game is NO WHERE near as bad as AoC was.  I was there from day 1, and in the little "open" beta they did.  Tortage was great, however, the rest of the game had many problems, including many gamebreaking issues.  WAR has issues, but I assume Mythic is working on fixing them, and besides some graphical issues, which are more likely related to my video card, I've had no gamebreaking issues.

• Rebn77Rebn77 Member Posts: 321

Wow... where to begin...
    I always see chat going on, let me grab you a SS so I can back it up.
    /Tell (name) Message. It's the standard command in most MMOs.
    You know what they say about assumptions right? AH is available in the capital city, try a flight master.
    Wtf are you on about? Public Quests have timers .. when you enter the area of a PQ you get a "PUBLIC QUEST BLAH BLAH" on your screen As far as mobs one shotting you, they must be the champions or PQ bosses. Champions occasionally wander around, but they are easily avoidable unless you're asleep at the keyboard or totally unaware of your surroundings (Sounds the case).
    How about this ... Try your video settings on your desktop. Do you know how to do that?
    The game is 10 times more complete than AoC is ... i think 90% of your complaints are USER ERROR. As far as guilds go, I see guild recruitment ads all the time (Wasteland) ... In fact the guild I am in recruits actively and We've grown quite a bit.

• pessoa72pessoa72 Member Posts: 8

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

wow this had to be the WORST troll attempt ever

• RailgunnerRailgunner Member Posts: 31

Well that's nice to know... now wtf is a "Warcamp" and how would I know if I was in one?  And who would I talk to to go to a major city? 

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Wow... where to begin...

are you sure you were playing warhammer online: age of reckoning and didn't confuse THAT game, with beta testing hello kitty online?   because um... you honestly don't seem to have recited factual information about war.

angry because no one will play aoc with you?

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525
    Originally posted by Bintowe
    Lastly, the game is NO WHERE near as bad as AoC was.  I was there from day 1, and in the little "open" beta they did.  Tortage was great, however, the rest of the game had many problems, including many gamebreaking issues.  WAR has issues, but I assume Mythic is working on fixing them, and besides some graphical issues, which are more likely related to my video card, I've had no gamebreaking issues.

Posters like Bintowe, who show thye actually learn to play a game, have far more weight than someone like the OP who clearly hasn't bothered to make much of an effort.      

There's an in-game manual.  Just clicking buttons on the UI would have uncovered elements like the Auction House filter on the map and a little more effort would have explained where they are.   The OP didn't even bother to do that.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

OP......

lol im gunna try not to get banned so ill just stick with - LEARN TO PLAY

I play all ghame

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

There is no chat going on because there is no need for it other than RvR ( needs Voice chat for RvR, but i say that in all my post ).

As long as you understand the game from all the reading and clips, there are no small hidden questions to ask like in many other MMO's, grouping for PQ's and scenario's are self explaining, and most did not make friends yet.

As far as the OP, he just never read anything about the game, and is just mad that it does not play like WoW

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Wow... where to begin...

What  a bunch of BS. I guess hitting ..oops wait READING what the commands are like 'R' in chat for reply? LOL. If you feel the need to CHAT then hit ENTER start typing and hit ENTER and POOF done.  I asked a question in chat and had 5 people answer in 1sec. But if I wanted to pay for CHAT I'd use my PHONE. Do you know your MONITOR has the BRIGHT and GAMMA? Even in WINDOWS! Now I have 3 systems and then game is not dark. Though I wish it was darker for me.

pfft you need to READ. Threre are some good FREE mmo's out here where you can chat all you want and play with the controls for bright and blah blah.. have fun with that.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

the only thing I can agree with is your opinion of the chat system. You're right, it does suck. Then again, I'd prefer the chat being broken rather then something that actually matters like a main feature or a class or a huge group of abilities. So far it's pretty smooth of a launch when it comes to technical issues, at least through my findings.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

Well that's nice to know... now wtf is a "Warcamp" and how would I know if I was in one?  And who would I talk to to go to a major city? 

I am going to pretend that you are being legitimate and answer.  A warcamp will be located in the RVR areas of the tier maps.  It will look like a camp and there will be an NPC with the title Flight Master there.  He will fly you to other locations for a small fee. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

I have the best food for you.......lill bit of "READING" in small bite sizes once a day should help.

or maybe even glasses. and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you cannot have mine. /lmao

some are just to fing silly. /lmao

• darkraptordarkraptor Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Railgunner       complaints that make no sense

lol dude, honestly, failed trolling.

This can be summed up as:

A: you never bought the game

b: obviously you don't know what a monitor is (as they do have gamma control)

c: you're trying to compare to wow (lmao)

and d: you never even looked at a screenshot, and registered the account to troll and post a negative review to try to bring the rating down.

/rant

• SidereusSidereus Member Posts: 316

sarcasm ? or.... ? totally dumb guy ?

QUESTION:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xridnasa:
    -
    What's a "grocery store"? Is that like McDonald's?
    -
    ANSWER:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sidimazz:
    -
    Kind of, just without the rapist.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

The chat is not broken. What is broken about it ?? Just no one needs it other than RvR, but then it's too hard to use in RvR. Everyone Ignores anyone who tries to take charge.

That is why we need Voice chat !!

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Cabe2323

I am going to pretend that you are being legitimate and answer.  A warcamp will be located in the RVR areas of the tier maps.  It will look like a camp and there will be an NPC with the title Flight Master there.  He will fly you to other locations for a small fee. 

If you do follow the quest line, you will end up at your first warcamp when you are around level 4-7.

--
    Leemeg.

• baso80baso80 Member Posts: 95

HAHA, you sound pathetic. You should stop playing video games.

Listen to yourself. You sound like the end of the world has come. hahahah.... dude, chill, relax. The game just came out. It is going to get better from here. You thought it would be perfect at launch? this is one of the most smooth mmo releases ever.

• last_exilelast_exile Member Posts: 196

Wow... where to begin...

yes there is an auction house and plz dont bash a game before u play more than 10 mins of it....