Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question to Order players about faction balance.

I am playing destruction like many of us and having a great time so far both doing loads of PQ's and RvR zones. My server is low pop on Order, however. Most of the time we are in the vast majority in RvR skirmishes.

As far as I am concerned Order should get a few new classes or an extra race (wood elfs :O) if things don't level out in a few months time. There is too much attractiveness to destruction compared to order, in my opinion.

How are people on Order side dealing with that faction imbalance? Do you have the impression that many reroll destruction or are more people coming to order for shorter queue's, etc? Or are people unhappy about this and give up on doing much RvR?

What are the opinions on this in your guild chats on that regard?

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Its quite depressing.

Realm balance is laughable

Order 1% vs 99% to Destruction , almost all the time yesterday.

I guess we will never see Capital city raid...but our city will be raided all the time.

Still , we Order players are underdogs. We enjoy swimming against stream. Fighting.

We dont join winning side in order to win.

We join loosing side and make it win !

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

what i found was alot of the order simply dont want to pvp (as crazy as it sounds).  i rolled order because an open beta friend had already rolled order (the bastard).  me and my other friend (both around rank 7) decided to end the destructions hold on the high/dark elf RvR zone (open world).  it was a blast and although we were outnumbered, some good tactics (that actually work in this game) like movement and positioning,allowed us to drive off the destruction guys quite a bit (notice i said drive off and not kill).  it was 2v5 for at least 20 minutes before someone joined us (because we took a tower and they decided to help out) and after that it was 3v5 with a random 3rd person on our side (someone joins, leaves and a different guy takes his place).  the destruction was the same 5 guys for the full hour and it was fairly 50/50 for that hour.  once we left they quickly took back the zone and i never saw anyone cross the river (to enter the RvR area)

no one was slamming order about losing so much and i never got the feel that people were angry over the imbalance so in answer to people re-rolling destruction, i dont think its that much of an issue.  it is only the 4th (?) day of release and it will take around a month to balance out.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• Homeslice513Homeslice513 Member UncommonPosts: 180

I have been playing from both sides and overall do not see much difference as of yet.

One of the things that really helps I think is that you can see how populated a server is by faction. So if you notice Destruction is high and Order is medium you can join up the Order and help out or at least that is how I do it.

Though personally, I am not sure what the Destruction has that has everyone picking them. I wanted to be order from the beginning myself but my old EQ2 guild wanted Destruction so I went where they did but during the daytime for me, I usually end up playing Order on another server since I am in the UK and the hours are off a bit.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by Homeslice513

I have been playing from both sides and overall do not see much difference as of yet.
    One of the things that really helps I think is that you can see how populated a server is by faction. So if you notice Destruction is high and Order is medium you can join up the Order and help out or at least that is how I do it.
    Though personally, I am not sure what the Destruction has that has everyone picking them. I wanted to be order from the beginning myself but my old EQ2 guild wanted Destruction so I went where they did but during the daytime for me, I usually end up playing Order on another server since I am in the UK and the hours are off a bit.

Yeah I can't get into Destruction at all. For one, all their classes and races are unappealing, and I really can't get into the "mindless slaughter and world conquest" reason for doing things.

As someone said above, also, it really does seem like Order members are less inclined to PvP, and that's why our battle objectives are always Destruction controlled!

I'll have to try and rally some people together for some action next I'm on.... even though many people don't even TALK in this game.

• butznutzbutznutz Member UncommonPosts: 17

Actually i wanted to play order as well, but after watching that jaw dropping intro with the female dark elf, i could not resist but to roll destruction

• daryondaryon Member Posts: 28

I've been playing for nearly a week and have tried 4 characters (1 destruction).

Kinda torn between Witch Hunter , cos seriously, what is not cool about them? and Warrior Priest because i can actually get hit more than twice and not be dead! Think i've settled on the Wicth Hunter for now anyways and at the moment he's lvl 12/10

So far i've found the scenarios to be pretty even but the world pvp to be hopelessly one sided.

Destruction have a lot of tanks, and as someone just said in a scenario after 4 of us beat  down a lvl 15 tank, "wow it's like downing a Raid Boss"

I'm afraid that it's not so much that order don't want to world pvp, but it's more like it get's old pretty fast being outnumbered all the time.  I think if it dosen't change, it's gonna be a major problem for the game. I mean honestly, how much fun is it going to be as a destruction player on a server where there aren't any order left to kill?

It's early days yet and maybe things will even out some, but from where i'm standing i think its probably gonna get worse rather than better.

• KeltikKeltik Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by daryon

I've been playing for nearly a week and have tried 4 characters (1 destruction).
    Kinda torn between Witch Hunter , cos seriously, what is not cool about them? and Warrior Priest because i can actually get hit more than twice and not be dead! Think i've settled on the Wicth Hunter for now anyways and at the moment he's lvl 12/10
    So far i've found the scenarios to be pretty even but the world pvp to be hopelessly one sided.
    Destruction have a lot of tanks, and as someone just said in a scenario after 4 of us beat  down a lvl 15 tank, "wow it's like downing a Raid Boss"
    I'm afraid that it's not so much that order don't want to world pvp, but it's more like it get's old pretty fast being outnumbered all the time.  I think if it dosen't change, it's gonna be a major problem for the game. I mean honestly, how much fun is it going to be as a destruction player on a server where there aren't any order left to kill?
    It's early days yet and maybe things will even out some, but from where i'm standing i think its probably gonna get worse rather than better.

DAOC had pretty bad faction balance probs, Mythic never managed to do a great deal about it. Didn't matter so much with 3 factions, but with only 2 could be a bigger problem.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by Keltik

Originally posted by daryon

DAOC had pretty bad faction balance probs, Mythic never managed to do a great deal about it. Didn't matter so much with 3 factions, but with only 2 could be a bigger problem.

In that comparison, you didn't exactly lose much by being the underdog in Daoc either, in this game half the endgame is on the other side of the map.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Its quite depressing.
    Realm balance is laughable
    Order 1% vs 99% to Destruction , almost all the time yesterday.

I guess we will never see Capital city raid...but our city will be raided all the time.

Still , we Order players are underdogs. We enjoy swimming against stream. Fighting.
    We dont join winning side in order to win.

We join loosing side and make it win !

i am on burlok EU RP server its balanced out

Most of the peak times in EU ORDER is kicking our B**ts

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Great rerplies here, thanks for the heads up from the struggling side, hehe.

I hope you lads will get bigger soon.

Like someone above mentioned; it ain't fun when there is noone to RvR with. On my server most objectives are almost permanently in destro controll which is a damn shame.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

It seems 50/50 for my server on pop. In t2 its been pretty even with keeps going back and forth and keep battles being pretty big.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• DroneDrone Member Posts: 18

I'll be purchasing the game today.  I am leaning towards Shadow Warrior for the High Elf.  Distance bow combat is generally my style in games,  But will I find with this class that im constantly running to avoid getting attacked,  I'd have to assume they wouldn't be the greatest at standing toe to toe with any destruction melee?

Your only Human

• BintoweBintowe Member UncommonPosts: 47

Yeah, with a shadow warrior, you're pretty much screwed if anyone gets in close.  I know for engineers in particular, it can be pretty rough.

And as for the faction imbalance, it's probably going to get better, but not by much.  I bet some of the guilds that are currently playing destro will get tired of the stacked odds and switch to order.  But on Iron Rock (my server), the odds are almost always against us...it doesn't really look like there are a lot of order folks on my server.  And the greenskin tank is rough...

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

On my server it seems Order is very outnumbered. I also notice that in the socials window there are maybe 15 groups of 2 to 3 players and nothing major happening in terms of taking keeps.  Consequently, all keeps are controlled by Destruction which is making it a bit frustrating since you can't get your renown gear until you take a keep.

The scenarios are a mixed bag.  Sometimes it feels like we are outmanned even there, but one problem contributing to this is that you might have 8 to 10 people in a scenario, three go one way and three go another and two are kind of straggling behind.  Why people are not sticking together and working as a team I have no idea.

Right now I'm playing warrior priest.  I like the class.  But yesterday my team was scattered to the four winds, meaning I was left to try and survive in a group with 3 other people.  Meanwhile some monster orcs ran right around the wizard and low level melee and raped me vicously.  No amount of preparation H can salve those wounds....

Yesterday I logged off feeling very frustrated.  Scenarios were being dominated by Destruction and all teir 2 keeps were owned by Destruction as well.  I tried to  do some public questing but then got ganked by a small group of Destruction.

Basically I am thinking the game is just out and I should roll destruction before I put to much time into a losing side.

• RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

To the contrary, I believe that order got the slew of the better players. On my server (Bechafen) we are always outnumbered but we seem to win most of the team. It looks like a lot of the old beta players and MMO vets went order while many of the newbies went destruction.

Quality over quanity in my opinion. I love being the underdog.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by DarkPony

I am playing destruction like many of us and having a great time so far both doing loads of PQ's and RvR zones. My server is low pop on Order, however. Most of the time we are in the vast majority in RvR skirmishes.
    As far as I am concerned Order should get a few new classes or an extra race (wood elfs :O) if things don't level out in a few months time. There is too much attractiveness to destruction compared to order, in my opinion.
    How are people on Order side dealing with that faction imbalance? Do you have the impression that many reroll destruction or are more people coming to order for shorter queue's, etc? Or are people unhappy about this and give up on doing much RvR?
    What are the opinions on this in your guild chats on that regard?

well destruction have more races, so yes order should get a new race.

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

Destruction has more players for a few reasons.  After playing MMOs for a few years now, I've figured out a thing or two: 

There's always a group of people that will pick the "bad" side, like Destruction or Horde, or w/e.  That group is made up of a) hard-core PvPers and b) people that know hard-core PvPers roll the "bad guys".  So, the second group naturally follows the first, hoping to ride their coat tails into some easy wins.  This includes the Wow Alliance refugees who want to "be on the winning side for once."

Meanwhile the Order/Alliance/"Good guys" wind up getting seasoned vets that want to play the pretty underdogs and make those that rolled the otherside pay dearly for their choice.  Also, little kids that think "WOW ELVES R COOL!" sign up.

So basicly it ends up being a$$holes and those that follow them vs. the good-eggs and the little kids that happen to wonder into battle with them.  You decide who's gonna win that one lol.

• SaikronSaikron Member Posts: 90

In my experience the longer numbers are uneven the more good players drain to the outnumbered side. If it happens slowly enough then crappy players will join the larger side trying to make it easy on themselves.

Then after a while of Order winning the crappy players will move to Order then the cycle resets :P

• DroneDrone Member Posts: 18

Just installing now.. I like the sounds of Order being out numbered.. Makes for more challenge.  Still considering the Shadow Warrior,  I assume their skills will get Very good as you get into the higher levels making them much more effective. 

Anyone have any suggestions on a server?

Your only Human

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

no balance we keep getting destroyed...-sigh-  Perhaps Order should just give up the war...

actually if it stays this way i won't reroll, just won't bother with any pvp, waste of time as it is now.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

I'm playing destruction simply because the Goblin Shaman looks so damn cool (and is fun to play).

On my server it is no problem because it is so overfilled that the only difference between order and destruction is, that the order side has a shorter login queue. :D

• NewhopesNewhopes Member Posts: 458

4 days in and order hasen't controled one castle yet,and from what I can tell Order is hemoragging players fast went from high pop both sides to low pop order at peck time.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

yeah i'm going to say balance is officially dead....today was the last straw for me, i won't be pvping anymore hope the rest of the game keeps me interested.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas