Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do you report a CSR

gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

i will try this here since those of us without posting privileges on the Ryzom forums have no other recourse

so any ideas

is there a way to PM or email the ryzom police/watchdogs?

Comments

• EbenEmaelEbenEmael Member Posts: 334

Go to the officail website and look for a contact email?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

As a paying customer you have every right to complain.

Oh wait... you're not.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Yeah go easy...the game is free.

What happened anyway?

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by EbenEmael

Go to the officail website and look for a contact email?

yeah - took a while but found it

Originally posted by Terranah

Yeah go easy...the game is free.

What happened anyway?

nothing major

just can't use chat to ask questions - i'm on the mainland now and completely lost so it would be nice........ 

long story short - a kid was spamming UNI so much to make it unusable - i made one comment about removing that kid from the game (like many others) - someone managed to get a hold of a CSR (none in game today apparently)

anyway - i was out and the spammer was happily typing away in UNI still boasting about his powers over the server

yesterday i would have happily paid to play but today, no

Kyleran - is there ever a time when you are not surfing the forums?

• SherkalynSherkalyn Member Posts: 105

CSRs are volunteers, so they are online whenever RL allows them. Also, I'm wondering which kid you are talking about. It's not so common to see someone claiming to have so much power over the server...

It doesn't excuse the fact someone spammed UNI to the point where questions couldn't be answered and that you apparently got punished because of it. However, my advice is to let the CSRs do their job since it isn't up to you to decide who should or shouldn't be removed from the game. It isn't up to me or any other player either.

There are plenty of really helpful homins that you could have sent a tell to that would have answered your questions without any problems. Don't let a nut job drive you off.

---------
    Sherkalyn
    Crazy Marshmallow Lady
    Guild Leader of The Exodus Syndicate in Ryzom
    "Experience Perfection :: Unharness Your Power"
    www.exodusgs.com

• MachieltjeMachieltje Member UncommonPosts: 131

The CSR dealing with the problem was for one of the other (french or german) servers so there may just have been a misunderstanding. I have spoken to this CSR and found him to be very reasonable but it was a rather explosive situation with a lot of very angry people. Whatever was done was done as a stopgap until the english CSR team can deal with the problem.

I hope this matter gets sorted soon...

Originally posted by gatheris

i will try this here since those of us without posting privileges on the Ryzom forums have no other recourse
    so any ideas
    is there a way to PM or email the ryzom police/watchdogs?

You can post on the newcomer board and the tech forum by the way...

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

Type /ignore <name> and the idiots go silent.

Better than bothering with all the reporting crap. If the CSR can't see him spamming, obviously pointing it out to him isn't going to make it any more apparent.

Originally posted by WisebutCruel

Better than bothering with all the reporting crap. If the CSR can't see him spamming, obviously pointing it out to him isn't going to make it any more apparent.

Guess you weren't around when all this was going on but the guy allready was on my ignore list but his spam ending up in my chat window anyway. He was exploiting a bug, and knew it..., that allowed him to bypass ignore so reporting him was the only way to deal with him at that point...

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

"...obviously pointing it out to him isn't going to make it any more apparent."

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• gavin2050gavin2050 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by WisebutCruel

In this specific situation ignore was not working, I assume the player causing the issues was using a control+num to name his character or somthing of the sort.

Anyway yes Boar, a CSR from the german server, was able to drop by and deal with the issue. In addition Boroshi, another CSR, was around alot sunday.  All said and done the whole issue lasted maybe an hour, and has only occured twice as far as I know of since the servers were re-opened.

• jackobajackoba Member Posts: 124

iirc when boar appeared he sorted problem

then he said "this matter is closed"

ppl carried on commenting

then he said "I said this matter is closed please refrain from spamming"

ppl still comment

boar = mute stick to sort problem

GG boar, wish we had him on aris :), no messing about

no it wasn't over

the goomba that caused the whole situation was still chatting away

but - all in all just a small incident you can expect while the game is free

• infrared1infrared1 Member UncommonPosts: 440

Best way to report someone is not just through the game.

Enlarge your chat interface to take up the entire screen, Press ctrl+F10, this will place a screenie into your Ryzom folder. E-mail the screenie to [email protected]. Make sure to add a small but detailed description of what the problem is.

If the problem is bad enough, others will have sent for a CSR, when one comes online let him know that you sent screenies. That is the best way to help them investigate a problem and know exactly what happened.

• irukandjiirukandji Member Posts: 253

Spammers never last too long...

"Hurray, finally a game where I can fulfill my lifelong dream of taking emotionally dead women and finding the most financially viable means to exploit their bodies with the ultimate goal of making them Hugh Hefner's personal furniture."