Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

14 day trial.. waste of time and bandwidth

ooazraelooooazraeloo Member UncommonPosts: 94

I recently tried to get the 14 day trial for LOTRO, (8GB+) only to have the thing tell me i cant register for it since i already have a account with Turbine for DDO.

Nice to see a company screw people over, or have a poor setup for regostering or playing one of their games.

I even went as far as trying to register for the forums for help, but instead i get a message "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator".

So from now on I am done with turbine.

Comments

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Could you make another account and use another email?

• teknicianteknician Member UncommonPosts: 270

Interesting,  I have DDO and LOTRO on the same account.

• ooazraelooooazraeloo Member UncommonPosts: 94

yeah that is my only course of action, I was just hoping to keep my accounts all tried together, like SOE with their games..

Guess I am forced to start anew.. this still leaves me with a bad tatse in my mouth as to the way they seem to have everything setup. not a very good start to my LOTRO experience.

Teknician - diid you purchase a retail copy of LOTRO? or do the trial? because with the retail box you get a keycode to add the game to your account. with the trial, it sees i have a account during setup so will not allow me to continue to get the trial key

• FattMikeFattMike Member Posts: 5

Edit: Sorry, I skipped over the last paragraph in your reply above. See below.

Also, right from their trial download page:

"Problems installing or downloading? Contact Support."

Originally posted by ooazraeloo

yeah that is my only course of action, I was just hoping to keep my accounts all tried together, like SOE with their games..
     Guess I am forced to start anew.. this still leaves me with a bad tatse in my mouth as to the way they seem to have everything setup. not a very good start to my LOTRO experience.

Teknician - diid you purchase a retail copy of LOTRO? or do the trial? because with the retail box you get a keycode to add the game to your account. with the trial, it sees i have a account during setup so will not allow me to continue to get the trial key

Actually, I beta'd both but added retails after.  I was thinking you were saying that you couldn't have both games on your same account at all.  I know you add DDO trial keys and 10-day LOTRO Buddy keys, I wasn't sure if you get a key for the 14-day LOTRO trial.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

TBH i was pissed off too when i first tried to subscribe to the game, it was difficult to register, the European website wasn't up to date, i kept bouncing around, so 1 Turbine website, 1 Codemaster website, 1 Website to pay the transaction. Was not finding the info for lifetime membership. Everything was bad written really. When finally I was ready to pay (after like one hour not kidding) it wouldn't accept my credit card. I tried to figure out why and it's because it would expire in some months. Lord gracious, aren't they supposed to take like all bucks at once then again 6 months later so WTF are they pissing me off with an expiration due 4 months later

So i simply abandoned the idea of playing it so pissed off i was, then months later i got a trial dvd with my graphic cards and played 14 days and was hooked up and succeded in taking life membership (because i had a new credit card i guess).

So thumbs down on this one can't you just give us a nice LOTRO account webpage where we could manage everything?

• ooazraelooooazraeloo Member UncommonPosts: 94

i swear karma doesnt want me to play this game...lol.

At this time i cannot even access the https://myaccount.turbine.com/ website to verify my info that is listed for credit card etc, since it wants part of it to do the solution center help.

This just seems like a large waste of my time going between all these sites trying to setup a account just to possibly give them my money.

I guess if all else fails.. anyone got a trial key they would be willing to part with?  lol

i swear karma doesnt want me to play this game...lol.

Only if you feel you've done something to deserve it.

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

can't you just give us a nice LOTRO account webpage where we could manage everything?

IMO, the Turbine account management is really quite easy to use. I'm a US player, though, so maybe you have some additional layers or somesuch that you need to work through being EU.

Sorry you had a bad experience, you two.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I recently tried to get the 14 day trial for LOTRO, (8GB+) only to have the thing tell me i cant register for it since i already have a account with Turbine for DDO.

Nice to see a company screw people over, or have a poor setup for regostering or playing one of their games.

I even went as far as trying to register for the forums for help, but instead i get a message "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator".

So from now on I am done with turbine.

First of all that's silly.

I can understand the frustration but quite frankly you haven't contacted customer service, haven't called them, etc. Life is not always easy. Sometimes you order something from a restaurant and it just gets burned by the chef. It happens.

However, having said that, send me your e-mail and I will refer you so you can get a guest key. - S

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo