Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where have the PVE adventuring/exploring with others mmorpgs gone?

Where are they?

Comments

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

All over them in practically every aspect of the games?

• ganbeeganbee Member Posts: 233

My favorite thing in exprolation was SWG going to landmarks of the movies and seeing I.E. OBI ONES House, but you are right there is no exploration in games anymore. No unlocking the map no moving the black shit from the world map. Got a quest here's your X Nub now lvl as fast as you can!  I personally think the major reason mmo's are not fun anymore is lack of exploration.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Originally posted by ganbee

My favorite thing in exprolation was SWG going to landmarks of the movies and seeing I.E. OBI ONES House, but you are right there is no exploration in games anymore. No unlocking the map no moving the black shit from the world map. Got a quest here's your X Nub now lvl as fast as you can!  I personally think the major reason mmo's are not fun anymore is lack of exploration.

I have been playing the open beta/Headstart and now release of WAR online, and i have to say this game actually conflicts your statement, PVE in WAR is very good....not going to say its revolutionary but it definately has its benefits.  For example Public Quests are everywhere thus far from my few weeks of playing which are just that open quests for anyone with in a certain area that IMO are a hell of alot of fun.

The world is large and you gain XP from discovering locations/tomes etc, In fact alot of the quests within are based solely on scouting and exploring areas, Also grouping is everywhere as may quests in the game are extremely difficult but finishable when played solo.

If you were not already thinking of it i would give it a try i think youll enjoy the game.

BTW i forgot to mention RVR, I for one was never really a fan of DAOC but after battling on the HUGE fileds of WAR's RVR areas i was instantly hooked, as this solves the issue of grouping to achive a specific goal in conquering the other realms caps.

• rafmeisterrafmeister Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by salenger

Originally posted by ganbee

I have been playing the open beta/Headstart and now release of WAR online, and i have to say this game actually conflicts your statement, PVE in WAR is very good....not going to say its revolutionary but it definately has its benefits.  For example Public Quests are everywhere thus far from my few weeks of playing which are just that open quests for anyone with in a certain area that IMO are a hell of alot of fun.

The world is large and you gain XP from discovering locations/tomes etc, In fact alot of the quests within are based solely on scouting and exploring areas, Also grouping is everywhere as may quests in the game are extremely difficult but finishable when played solo.

If you were not already thinking of it i would give it a try i think youll enjoy the game.

BTW i forgot to mention RVR, I for one was never really a fan of DAOC but after battling on the HUGE fileds of WAR's RVR areas i was instantly hooked, as this solves the issue of grouping to achive a specific goal in conquering the other realms caps.

I never thought I would see the day a company would out WOW  WOW, but Mythic did it. PVE in WAR makes WOW PVE look complex and sophisticated which it is anything but. Quests should not be part of the leveling process. The Public quests are fine if you play during peak hours. Try to do one after  midnight PST and see if you can finish one eh?  You have zero choice in whether or not you participate in them or not. Twice I was awarded loot just because I was in the area of the PQ and both those times Got a message to get my loot from the chest. Except of course since I was just passing through I had no clue where said chest might be nor any interest in running back to the PQ area to look for it either. You should never be given experience for doing nothing and you gets lots of expereince for doing lots of nothing.

As for the RVR its fun if you can get in. I queue up first thing when I log in yet in almost 12 hours of play time I have been in 2 tier 1 scenarios. Have yet to be able to get in a tier 2.