Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars Pre Order product

Deadaye13Deadaye13 Member Posts: 106

I'm looking at buying the pre-order product and got boarded so I guess I'll check here.  What is the best price that you guys have found for this product?

So far I've only found $49.99 as the least expensive price..  If anyone can find something better, please post.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Achiever 86%
Killer 80%
Explorer 26%
Socializer 6%

Comments

• GyzmokGyzmok Member Posts: 33
    Does anyone know how to pre-order from Europe whitout much extra shipping costs ?

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
    not sure but i wish the stores would get fig out . everytime i ask them none of them know what is going on hate it.

• PHxReignPHxReign Member Posts: 15
    I'm also waiting for a European retailer to offer the pre-order product. It's kind of annoying that you can get it in other places of the world, but we're being left behind once again. I was hoping that the start of NcSoft Europe would prevent things like these happening where us Europeans are always last to get new stuff.

• xzantamwulfxzantamwulf Member UncommonPosts: 121

50$ is the lowest price possible because the game has'nt even come out yet so discounts havent been made you can pre-oreder it for like 20 then pay 30 later

and gamestop has free shipping here but i dont know about europe sorry

Reseistance is futile join Thieves of the symbolic shadow now
    http://www.freewebs.com.symbolicshadow

Reseistance is futile join Thieves of the symbolic shadow now
    http://www.freewebs.com.symbolicshadow

• AkuyaziAkuyazi Member Posts: 23

the pre-order should cost 10 or less... you can wait somemore cuz theres still more than a month till the close weekend beta...

• hanbinglhanbingl Member Posts: 18
    it's $10 for pre order, then you pay extra at store (ie. bestbuy), you'll get a pre-order CD which includes passcode to all guildwar Beta.  Don't pre order it online, go to your local retail store for the pre-order, you'll get more out of it.

"What is the availability of the pre-order package for those outside the United States or Canada ?"

Well, a search at Amazon.com gave me no succes : Guild Wars (paperback) ?image

At GameStop, I had this message : International Customers: Bonus pack ships with game. ETA : 2/1/2005 image (When I pre-order, I want to be able to join the BETA weekends, and do not want to wait till next year )

At EBgames : something similar : Bonus disc will ship end of September via First Class mail at no extra charge. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for delivery. ...bla bla... Continental U.S. only. image

SO, as I see it for the moment "the availability of the pre-order outside US & Canada" is NIHIL !

But I like this game (played E3) and I don't give up... image

That's sad :(

Online games should have no limitations.  I mean Europian players should have access to US beta as well.   It's just an IP address!

• NeoKyosuke18NeoKyosuke18 Member Posts: 204

has anybody actually gotten the pre-order package yet?

I heard about this this past morning before i went to work and stopped at EBgames and preordered the game. But they just gave me these looks like "WTF are you talking about preorder package?"

They said they hadn't heard anything about it and that I should call next week to see if they got any more info.

Just what I expect out of all EBGames.. No Info.

Yes, I bought it from Bestbuy lastnight.  The packet includes:

Access to all Guild Wars events including the October World Preview Event and all Beta Weekend Events
    One guest pass that allows a friend to join a Beta Weekend Event
    One exclusive in-game item from among a variety of weapons, shields or magical items
    A Prima Tournament Survival Guide offering character and team strategies
    A Guild Wars poster
    Pre-registration for character names and player accounts
    Exclusive music tracks from award-winning composer Jeremy Soule
    Concept artwork, screen shots, wallpapers and links to the Guild Wars fan community

http://www.guildwars.com/press/pr05-09-13-04.html

I don't know what is going on with your local EB store.  The Pre-Order packet should be ON THE SHELF. 

The pre-order packet is $10 from Bestbuy and you pay it full upon release.

• raptorfalconraptorfalcon Member Posts: 126

Its not his store only.. I've been to BestBuy, 2 EBGAmes, 2 GAmeStop, 1 CircuitCity... I just cant find it anywhere... grgrgrgr

I am beginning to wonder if it will ever arrive..

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Try on-line stores?  I know I have an EB and Gamespot near me.

What will he do next?
    hrmm.. are you sure they are not sold out?  I live in Little Rock, Arkansas, all 3 of the EBgame stores, BestBuy, CompUSA are selling it.  they are $10 per packet. 

EB online gives bonus CDs out at the end of september.  Here is the detail:

Pre-order and receive a free Bonus CD which includes the exclusive in-game item, the Ithas Bow! CD also contains: game play clips, the ability to save your character name for launch of the game, wallpaper, 15 pieces of game concept art, pre-account registration for game launch, early entry into specific game areas, and much more!Bonus disc will ship end of September via First Class mail at no extra charge. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for delivery. After bonus disc ships, you will not be able to cancel your order. Customers will be charged the total shipping charges when the disc ships. If you choose In-Store Pickup for this game, please contact the store for bonus item availability. Continental U.S. only.

For the Europeans :

A German shop is offering the pre-order product. image

You can order it here

But you have to know :

"Pre-Order disk für Guild Wars. Nur in Kombination mit einer Guild Wars Vollversion Vorbestellung !!"

You also have to order the full version of the game there too !

Total price is then : Netto 61,55 EUR (for an international order)

I only hope that if the final version comes out, we don't have to wait too long for the game coming from Germany while we see it lying in the local stores ...image

I once had that experience with a DVD that I really wantend and it's was kind of frustrating. On top off it : I payed a lot more... image

• VangualVangual Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site, but full of anticipation for GW already. I've preordered GuildWars from the german shop Gyzmok mentioned, and my preorder disc was shipped already. ::::19::

The shop created a special page for non-german Europeans with informations and instructions on how to order and what their ways of payment and shipping are.

I hope this helps a few people.

• ShineyShiney Member Posts: 19

this online shop in US ships to europe.
    I ordered already by them in the past, they ok.

http://www.interactcd.com

• drakuundrakuun Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by NeoKyosuke18
    has anybody actually gotten the pre-order package yet?I heard about this this past morning before i went to work and stopped at EBgames and preordered the game. But they just gave me these looks like "WTF are you talking about preorder package?"They said they hadn't heard anything about it and that I should call next week to see if they got any more info.Just what I expect out of all EBGames.. No Info.

When I called them up (From Australia) I asked why they don't ship it to anywhere else besides US, they gave me an answer of the mail system doesn't send it internationally. They ended up telling me to contact my local EB merchant... and since I know Australia gets everything last it'll be half-way through next year before they actually get wind of it.

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Well i got my pre-order product at EB. I scoured the shelves for 5 minutes before resorting to asking one of the employees there as they are notoriously unhelpful. My store is even worse they scoff at computer games and have hardons for xbox and ps2 etc. I once asked the manager about City of Heroes if it was any good or hed tried he says "who cares about that game its online only" i couldnt believe i even shopped there.... Anyway i asked one of the guys (not the stupid manager) and hes yes we have it in its in the back... so i put 5 bucks down on hte game and got the preorder. For some reason i dont think theyre gonna put the guildwars pre order package on the shelf like other games they have... probably cause its not being released for 5 months and theyd rather hype some crappy xbox game. Stupid Ithas Bow i wish i had a gamestop so i could get the hammer pick i might get the pre-order from bestbuy too so i can the the shield.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• ArgeanArgean Member Posts: 126

I have the pre-release package..... I bought mine from EB Games. At the time I paid my deposite they did not have it in the store, but it came in about 4 or 5 days later. I also did not see any on the shelves when I went and picked up my copy. It is possible not all stores received product to put on the shelves. So just go in and put mony down for it and they should get in a copy for you.

Eve-Online

• TortimerTortimer Member UncommonPosts: 113

I'm going to pre-order from EBgames.  I'm going to play a ranger and the bow would be a good starting weapon.  Each store has a different pre-order in-game item.  I almost pre-ordered from Fry's but it didn't have the bow.

CoH - Tortimer lvl 34 Blaster Fire/Dev Triumph
    CoH - Olimar lvl 6 Defender FF/DB Triumph
    The Fallen Assasin lvl 10 Scrapper Katana/Regen
    EQOA:F - Tortimer lvl 42 Human Ranger Hodstock
    EQ - Tortimer lvl 6 Wood Elf Druid Stromm

• LL Member Posts: 70
    ya i got the pre order just a week ago. for ten dollars at best buy. im not at all disapointed with it for other reasons like first of all you get to due the beta tests and also you get an friend for 2 days to try out which i didnt even know it was going to be in there. overall good pre-order package.

LØST

LØST

• NeoKyosuke18NeoKyosuke18 Member Posts: 204

Ackbar: isn't it so annoying those EB guys w/ their anti-online games! When everquest 1 first was released, I was very close to purchasing it but when I went to buy it the guy at EB told me not to, and to this day I remember what he told me. "You have to pay per month to play the game! I haven't sold 1 copy of it for that reason I warn everyone. No game will ever last if they make you pay per month for it, why don't you purchase Diablo You can play that online for free! I play it and I can say that Blizzard knows what they are doing"

What a prick! it took me another year to finially re-consider purchasing EQ and boy was I happy!! got me started into the whole new world of games!!!!

I did my pre-order aswell... took the guys at EB a week to realize they already had the pre-orders there when they kept tellin me they weren't getting it. They were in a dusty box which they threw all their "GARBAGE" into. Funny ppl at EB!