Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Templar agro skills

NoctorusNoctorus Member Posts: 7

first. does the templar have agro skills (like taunt from wow) ??

if so. can it be used in pvp against another players to make them target you insted ?? atleast for a little while.

Comments

• SoraanSoraan Member Posts: 3

Yes, of course they have Taunting skills. And I'm pretty sure I've seen videos where they have pulled other players in during PvP, but you never know~

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

It has a lasso skill and an agression skill, im sure the lasso one works on players, didn't get to test the agression one.

• ZidelZidel Member Posts: 6

There is a video of the "Lasso" aggro skill against mobs, however it'd be kind of weird if it worked against other players in PvP. Kind of unfair if you've seen the skill and how it brought 6-7 enemies in on the Templar at once. That could easily result in spike builds with Sorcerers for big PvP/PK Wars.

Templar pulls 6-7 people in, Sorcerers cast AoE spells, and 6-7 people drop. GG

• alzemualzemu Member Posts: 22

I doubt that Templers have skills like that. Because I read through Aion Korean website and close beta people were complaining how Templer was so disadvantaged in PvP.

• solidbrimsolidbrim Member Posts: 6

An aggro skill working against players would be no difference than a fear skill on other players (from other games).  NC could incorporate deminishing returns for the skill in PvP (only effective on targeted player, for example).  Just a thought. 

In one of the more recent PvP videos I've seen the lasso skill (or it seems to be).  From the videos it is hard to tell if any players were ever "taunted."  Maybe someone can clarify via CBT friends.

• ZidelZidel Member Posts: 6

Alz I think you're a bit dated on those complaints, those were from CBT1 before any Charge abilities were put in place to help Templars out. They fair pretty well now in PvP

The individual lasso works for sure in other players, saw it in a CBT3 Abyss pvp video, one from a Ranger IIRC, it lasts like 3 seconds and people can't hit you while you're in that status, its just to pull, not sure about the mass one, which as someone already said, was shown in a video against mobs.

• alzemualzemu Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Zidel

Alz I think you're a bit dated on those complaints, those were from CBT1 before any Charge abilities were put in place to help Templars out. They fair pretty well now in PvP

If that's true, I am happy as a fat kid with a candy. I'm not a tanker type but I can entice my buddy to get into Aion with it. :D

• AstonishAstonish Member Posts: 5

Lasso? It makes me think of Templars as heavily geared cowboys.

I will be rolling a Templar when Aion comes out... I just hope they DO decide to let people create their own UI components. Things such as Omen in WoW are very handy for us tankers.

• DraganceDragance Member Posts: 90

I've been actually very curious about this myself. i know there is a provoke, and the lasso thing (amazing) but will there be an in depth hate system like FFXI? will certain skills create more hate than others, will mass healing create more hate? i've been looking everywhere but i can't find any info on it.

Mobs turn to healers if they are healing the whole time, in CBT1 there was some lack of balance in the whole aggro system, and healers had a hard time raiding, this of course has been improved in the 2 betas after that one, but reading about that issue reminds us that there's is hate system going on.

• DraganceDragance Member Posts: 90

intresting i can't wait to try it out myself when aion's released

• jimbles4000jimbles4000 Member Posts: 30

It would be cool if they could taunt players just to change their target in pvp. Just so they could lighten the damage on the healer or interupt offensive spells, and if an AoE taunt does work on players lets hope it has a long cd.