Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARHAMMER GOT A 9??

come on a 9? i would say maybe a 8 at best...but i guess its a hot game atm..i dont see this game being a 9..everyone compares warhammer to wow < just how everything is compared to wow > but warhammers grafics are weak and watered down and so is the game play....the big knock on war-craft is that its soooo easy,but in warhammer there are already capped players running around and its been out how many days? < noticed i said days not weeks or even months > my friends im begining to give up all together on MMORPG because all they look for now is the "jonny 5yr" to log on and play for 1-2hr  and log off and keep milking that monthly payment from his dad, when will they ever rerelease a good mmorpg that has to do with skill / crafting / and build of their char. .. i really miss the good ol'days when EQ dominated mmorpgs and you had to grind to get to where you want and when  you needed to , instead of a "pop and play" game you can log into and that has no depth. PLEASE BRING BACK SOME EVERGRINDING BACK TO MMORPGS! not everyone likes to pvp with 8yr olds ..some people like to lay back relax with a good community / guildies and grind for awhile! and so far, as recent releases go ..i think DDO stands out..its pretty good..but it gets no spotlight because of all the "instant type" of mmo's out there..WOW drove a steak thru MMORPGS and with this release..it seems they drove it even deeper!

Comments

• FensusFensus Member Posts: 211

.... wow ... rant much?

Have you played Warhammer?

have you played Warhammer past level 15?

did you just use the word WARHAMMER and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE  in the SAME post?!

are you complaining theres not enough grinding?!

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

The moral of the story today is that numerical ratings are subjective, and different sites rate games based on different criteria. I would give WAR a 9 for pure fun factor, but it's lacking in almost every other category.

• NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

I don't mean to sound rude, but that was a little hard to read through..

Anyways, a 9 from who? Please clarify.

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

• SanveanSanvean Member Posts: 85

It deserves the 9 from what I see so far, as it exceeds WoW in terms of fun and looks.

• vylovylo Member Posts: 149

1.  Scores are always inflated at launch

2. Vanguard had higher at launch then plummeted until SOE took over (yeah, I know, SOE saving a game, who would have thought?)

Age of conan had much higher ratings and is now far, far down the list.

Considering how much better this game is at launch compared to them, a 9 is pretty modest.

• AstralGethAstralGeth Member Posts: 197

It will go down after the new game factor wears off. I've also noticed the ratings of mainstays like EVE and LotRO have mysteriously been dropping since WAR's release.

• Balthaazar1Balthaazar1 Member Posts: 531

I know, this is an outrage, the game deserves a 10!

------------------------------

'Cry Havoc, and Let Loose the Dogs of WARRRRR!!!'

• OverpowerOverpower Member Posts: 105

lol, he said graphics are water-downed from WoW's.
    To OP:
    1. Put a screenshot of a Warcraft character next to a screenshot a character from Warhammer Online.
    2. Put a screenshot of a tree in WoW next to one from WAR.
    3. Put a screenshot of the water in WoW next to the one from WAR.
    4. Put a screenshot of a couple city buildings in WoW next to a screenshot of a couple from WAR.
    <Mod edit>

To Crybabies: Uhm...if a game pisses you off, don't play it - duh.
    To Crybabies - Part 2: If you want a game to suit all your needs, start off by going to college to become a Game Designer.
    Emo User Award: busdriver, for his love of Britney Spears - The Prize - Winning Posts

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457

Well I must say it's the best game for my play style in a good long time, and most of your complaints are subjective.  I think the graphics do the atmosphere of Warhammer great and I would never play a game again that had the downtime and grind of the orginal EQ.  I shutter to even think back to that time!  If you wanted that type of game play though you should of supported Vanguard even with it's orginal problems as you were the audiance they were trying for, unfortunately for your crowd that didn't happen, and Vanguard took a turn in less time comsuming game play(better in most peoples opinions).  I don't see anyone spending the big dollars now to get what appears to be a nich market.  You might try Phantasy online as I have heard it's an old core grinding/grouping game.

• dinomut05dinomut05 Member Posts: 39

ya as i said you can already see capped players running around.this game has 0 depth and yes..i am complaining about mmo's takeing the grind outta mmo's. not everyone likes to log-on for 30hrs and complete a game. like i said THERE ARE ALREADY CAPPED PLAYERS running around lol bring the real mmo's back for the hardcore community type gamers. not everyone is the same age when it comes to gameing lol. this game is crap and ranks right up there with war-craft.  < i just hate war-craft because it killed true grinding mmo's >  and yes i liked DDO and EQ =(  sry you didnt like it.maybe it was to complex for you.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

Its impossible to cap to RR 80..maybe some people got to R 40 but thats the base pve level. THe true ranks people should worry about are the Renown Ranks...its impossible to reach RR 80 playing by yourself you have to actually have people you can Kill in PvP.

Everyone and their brother knows that Rank 40 is just the shitty PvE level cap and it was meant to be reached fast.  The true customization happens with Renown Ranks there are no Renown Rank 80 people.    Anyone going ayay I reached Cap obviously did nothing but PvE for most of their adventure meaning they're still pretty shitty and when people get Renown Rank 40 and LvL 40 and come pwn them they'll be pissed off.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

As a very experienced MMO player, I give it a 9.6. Why? Because it's fun, casual and exciting. They actually bothered making leveling fun and have tons of stability and content on release.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Originally posted by Overpower

lol, he said graphics are water-downed from WoW's.
    To OP:
    1. Put a screenshot of a Warcraft character next to a screenshot a character from Warhammer Online.
    2. Put a screenshot of a tree in WoW next to one from WAR.
    3. Put a screenshot of the water in WoW next to the one from WAR.
    4. Put a screenshot of a couple city buildings in WoW next to a screenshot of a couple from WAR.
    <Mod edit>

I spit my milk all over my monitor when I read this. Funny stuff.
  • VorthraxVorthrax Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by dinomut05

when will they ever rerelease a good mmorpg that has to do with skill / crafting / and build of their char. .. i really miss the good ol'days when EQ dominated mmorpgs and you had to grind to get to where you want and when  you needed to , instead of a "pop and play" game you can log into and that has no depth. PLEASE BRING BACK SOME EVERGRINDING BACK TO MMORPGS! not everyone likes to pvp with 8yr olds ..some people like to lay back relax with a good community / guildies and grind for awhile!

Why aren't you playing Vanguard??

People looking at this game from a PvE perspect of Ooh Im levl 40 I'm capped that was fast!  Have no idea what they're doing and will be the first ones to bitch about end game.  Rather hard to have end game if there's no one on the otherside to compete with.

This is an RvR PvP game..the PvE is just the side game / tutorial stuff.

• I would like to see MMORPG wait two weeks after release before allowing member ratings. These are MMORPGs after all and it is hardly a fair rating the day of release. These aren't games like Crysis which you can finish a campaign in one sitting.

That said, I am guessing by the rating of 9.0, that there are alot of 10s there. That means it's perfect and nothing could ever come close. To those players, unless you are informing us of game updates, changes, advice on character builds etc..... stay in game and not telling us how great the game is. No need to, enjoy perfection. I know I would.

To the haters, we don't need you either and you shouldn't be in this forum.

To those who neither find it perfect nor feel disgust at the thought of playing it...stay in forums as your feedback can only help the game better.

Needless to say I didn't give it a 10....and was trying to find some advice on something in forums.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

come on a 9? i would say maybe a 8 at best...but i guess its a hot game atm..i dont see this game being a 9..everyone compares warhammer to wow < just how everything is compared to wow > but warhammers grafics are weak and watered down and so is the game play....the big knock on war-craft is that its soooo easy,but in warhammer there are already capped players running around and its been out how many days? < noticed i said days not weeks or even months > my friends im begining to give up all together on MMORPG because all they look for now is the "jonny 5yr" to log on and play for 1-2hr  and log off and keep milking that monthly payment from his dad, when will they ever rerelease a good mmorpg that has to do with skill / crafting / and build of their char. .. i really miss the good ol'days when EQ dominated mmorpgs and you had to grind to get to where you want and when  you needed to , instead of a "pop and play" game you can log into and that has no depth. PLEASE BRING BACK SOME EVERGRINDING BACK TO MMORPGS! not everyone likes to pvp with 8yr olds ..some people like to lay back relax with a good community / guildies and grind for awhile! and so far, as recent releases go ..i think DDO stands out..its pretty good..but it gets no spotlight because of all the "instant type" of mmo's out there..WOW drove a steak thru MMORPGS and with this release..it seems they drove it even deeper!

Sounds like you should try Linage 2 with you're friends, there you won't reach max in a few days. At least not under a month.

But you do have a point that games get a litle bit too easy nowadays. But grinding is not an answer, it get's old fast.

People seem to forget that the ratings for a just launched game always reach 9 and slowly dwindle down and become more evening with the rest of the games as more and more ratings are added.  Its an average of some sort based on several factors.   There is no single value for rating you have to give it several values.  I gave WAR some 10s, some 8s and a couple of 9s.  I think I gave it maybe a 5 for RPG stuff since the game really isn't designed to be an RPers game tahts more lord of the rings.

I based my values on long term playing since I've been in the beta test for a while.  If i can play the game all through beta and its various changes and still want to play at launch?  Taht warrents a good solid set of high ratings.

People should stop bitching about ratings when a game launches.  Just look at AoC it tanked on the ratings board after a month or two. (you can change your ratings at anytime so the numbers are in constant flux)

Originally posted by sunlion69

I would like to see MMORPG wait two weeks after release before allowing member ratings.

This is an excellent idea.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

WHERE?

gameranking only has  eurogamer and they gave it an 8.0

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

ya as i said you can already see capped players running around.this game has 0 depth and yes..i am complaining about mmo's takeing the grind outta mmo's. not everyone likes to log-on for 30hrs and complete a game. like i said THERE ARE ALREADY CAPPED PLAYERS running around lol bring the real mmo's back for the hardcore community type gamers. not everyone is the same age when it comes to gameing lol. this game is crap and ranks right up there with war-craft.  < i just hate war-craft because it killed true grinding mmo's >  and yes i liked DDO and EQ =(  sry you didnt like it.maybe it was to complex for you.

Just because there are R 40's don't mean that there is no depth.  Im sure they didn't read one quest just went to the hot spot where the quest is at.  Also have you thought maybe these people were Elder Testers and already know the game in and out and just ran though the game with the quickness or groups of people speeding through the game to be the first.

Its going to take me a few months to reach Rank 40 atleast.  I like to adventure a lot and I actually read the quests and do other things than just grind away at quests.

Originally posted by medafor

WHERE?

the User Rating: 9.01 up at the top of this screen

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457

The OP says peeps are already level 40, just wondering anyone see any?  I haven't seen anyone in the 20's yet but I'm sure there must be some. I'm in the teens and see a large crowd in that tier.  Just wondering if I'm that slow (not that it matters that much to me as I'm having a blast), but the leveling seems fairly slow to be 40 already.  I've played since CE early start opened.

• zmortiszmortis Member Posts: 152

To dynomut05:

The answer is pretty simple.  This game is built to suit the majority of the potential audience.  You are in the minority who prefers a more "annoying" in my term "grinding" in your term game experience.  I don't want to play a game that feels like a second job, and begins to make me dread the experience.  I want a game I where I can get on for an hour and have fun playing for that hour.  EQ never provided that experience for me, though EQ2 was better at eliminating some of the numerous grinding anoyances of the original, so in my mind it is a fine compromise for the type of player that wants a slow, grinding, sandbox style game experience.  Try that or Vanguard out, and stop expecting every other game that gets made to cater to a minority audience. 

WAR is fast paced PvP/RvR action.  WAR is not about lovingly crafting a character over 2 years.  WAR is about jumping in to the fight and feeling like you've actually accomplished something in 1 hour and having fun doing it.  As mentioned by others here, if you don't understand or enjoy what WAR is about, then it certainly is not the game for you.  Is WAR the perfect everyman game? No.  However, it will appeal to a much broader audience than EQ or Vanguard ever did, and that's all it really needs to do to be sucessfull. 

If I were to come onto a particular game's forum and say "This game sucks.  I want a game that feels less fun and more like a second job combined with waterboarding because it's more challenging and requires more skill."  I'd expect people to laugh me out of that forum too. 

I hope this helps.

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730

Reviewers gets payed to put over the top scores on over hyped games.