Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BestBuy.com CE Orders

*Sept 19 - 543pm pst update*

This will be my final update to this post. I contacted my local Best Buy store and they received 12 copies of the CE. The customer service rep said that I could swing by and grab a copy.
I went to cancel my online order and BestBuy.com is in the process of shipping it to me. This means I will have to CE boxes. If you are having the same issue I did check your order status or call you local store and find out if they have any in stock.

end of update

If your Best Buy CE order is on backorder (like mine) prepare to be railroaded.

*The issue in question is keeping your account active.

I just spoke with a customer service person at Best Buy at 930am PST and she told me that they are aware of the issue and have no solution or ETA as to when the issue will be resolved.

I have placed a ticket with Mythic and they have not been responsive.

I'd post on Warhammer Alliance, but it does not seem to be working. If anybody has gotten through to Mythic on the phone regarding this issue please post their response here.

*news update below (and it caused me to throw up a little in my mouth)*

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=306

Update on the Grace Period
Mark Jacobs | From the Dev Team | 09/19/2008 @ 00:56:24 EST
Folks,

Good, bad or ugly, Mythic has always had the integrity to stand up for what we think is the right thing to do in any situation. I don’t expect everyone to agree but I’ve never intentionally made a decision to hurt the community and/or our players and I don’t intend to start now. For the last couple of days we’ve been dealing with a very difficult and complicated situation. Sadly, there are lots of moving parts and sometimes it takes both a bit of elbow grease to get things working properly.

Here’s where we stand right now. As of this morning, we deactivated a large number of accounts and ended the Head Start for our game. At the same time, we’ve been in touch with the retailers, both online and brick-and-mortar, and while we are getting great data on the number of people who will get their game today; there is still a relatively small number of people who won’t be able to get them due to shipping issues (no matter what the issues are, whose fault, etc.).

So, after a lot of conversations I’m happy to announce that over the next few hours we are going to extend the grace period for all customers of Amazon, GoGamer and the EA Store till the 22nd of September. Based on the data we have gathered, these companies account for just about all the customers that were concerned about their chance to get into the game today. Thus, if you currently have an account with us, you’ll be able to get back into the game while you wait for your game to be delivered. Of course, all characters are still intact and no billing of any credit card has taken place (it couldn’t, the account still has free time on it) since the accounts were simply deactivated not wiped.

We have been assured by all the brick-and-mortar retailers that they got their shipments in the stores already so if you needed to go to a store to pick up your game, the units are in stock everywhere. We will be monitoring the situation closely over the next twenty-four hours of course.

As I’ve said countless times, we will do the best we can in any situation to make it right and I hope you agree with have done so again. I thank the community for its support, especially for this rather thorny problem.

Comments

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i pickedu p a preorder box in store...walked right in on wednesday and they were all behind the Customer service desk. They had a small pallet of them back there. Picked up mine and went home.

This is why i don't do preorders online anymore...just too much of a headache.

• SolatarSolatar Member UncommonPosts: 46

This doesn't surprise me. I went to pick up my CE pre-order yesterday afternoon, only to find out they got in a whole "2". WTF?!?

So I wound up going to another store, within a decent driving range only to catch shit from an employee there because they couldn't find it.

Eventually I managed to make it home with my copy. BestBuy=Renowned @ssh0L3s