Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

one thing that annoyed the hell out of me in L2 was

SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

being able to have names like this xXL33TXx

there where no boundaries...i hate it when games lit you have numbers and caps anywhere in your name.

i really hope they have a name limit to caps only at the beginning an no freaking number.

maybe its silly but it really pissed me off :)

anyone else agree :)

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Comments

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I sort of agree but for me it depends on the game. In a high fantasy game like Aion i think having numbers in your name should not be aloud. Games like Anarchy online, RF online, and planetside though I think numbers being in the name should be aloud with no problem because they aren't the high fantasy games they are the sci-fi style where numbers in a name might not be to abnormal.

• UpskirtPowerUpskirtPower Member Posts: 230

if i cant  have name Dark Kon.. atleast let me have DarkKon

if i cant have name Maiden Faraca.. atleast let me have MaidenFaraca

if i cant have name King Karaka. atleast let me have KingKaraka

if i cant have name Lady Silva.. atleast let me have LadySilva

• DawnJWDawnJW Member Posts: 108

No, in my opion i don't like that. Or they must make that you ahve a different policy on names at a PVE Server. Or something like that. But I prefer normal names.

Cheers,

Dawn

• coldfreedomcoldfreedom Member Posts: 132

names like Robot799, Number740, StormF9 is fine by me

names like LICkMyA55, iPWNYoU, 7weEtyPwner is not so fine by me

all those can be used in games like Unreal 3, psn, forums ect.. but not suit for a character in mmos.

• SweBlackbirdSweBlackbird Member UncommonPosts: 64

That really doesn't matter for me :)

• iN4ctioniN4ction Member Posts: 6

I just hope its not like WoW where the first and only the first letter of ur name can be capped. Most serious players don't have game names like xXIPWNZ0RYOULOLXx anyways.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by iN4ction

I just hope its not like WoW where the first and only the first letter of ur name can be capped. Most serious players don't have game names like xXIPWNZ0RYOULOLXx anyways.

in  lineage 2 you used to get serious hardcore players with silly names like that

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• iN4ctioniN4ction Member Posts: 6

no wai... at least not on my server when i played... But i think naming in l2 got less serious as bots became more popular, people could bot up a char from 1 to 75 in a month when i stopped playing. So i guess people start to take their names less seriously

• teldathteldath Member Posts: 104

people only choose crazy names in l2 because of the /target system. Its alot harder to type /target iLIiLiliiLiLiIlIL  then it it to type /target fred in the heat of pvp.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Think L2's hardcore aspect is dead. Back then when you would need years to lvl a high char, when you could drop anything after dinging 6 from any mob and when there were no things such as common item, it was pretty hardcore. But now..

• coldfreedomcoldfreedom Member Posts: 132

i hate when names like XxXiPwNyOuXxX shouting out WTB/WTS and when people interest it is freaking annoying to type their name to whisper to them.

• Scarface02Scarface02 Member Posts: 2

Yeh i always hated the XxXikilluXxX guys....hopefully they will make some kind of ruleset that will not allow you to put so many of the same characters together or something. I know there will always be people like that in every single game you play, but maybe Aion will be alittle different...hopefully...right?!?!?

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

In Aion, numbers are not allowed in names, and only the first letter can be capital.  Also, for now,  there can not be spaces in it, so you can only have one word as a name - no last names, middle names, etc.

Afaik, based on fans' request, they're considering adding surnames, but only as optional.

• jimbles4000jimbles4000 Member Posts: 30

You can only moderate the name problem so much, people will find a way to make stupid names... they always do. At least Aion seems to have a more mature community atm, but i won't kid myself into thinking its not going to be there. The best thing you can do is alienate these stupid people until they think everyone hates them and they go away... haha.