Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got to play Aion at PAX

2»

Comments

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Absolutely, that's the truth. When people think NCsoft they think TR, GW, L2, and some other games. GW2 is what everyone is looking forward to, it seems. But AION is the real star, it just doesn't have a huge famous name attached like TR or Warhammer or Conan. It'll suckerpunch all MMO fans. Serves them right. :P

• jimitrialjimitrial Member Posts: 9

If any game is to kill WoW anytime soon, this is it.

And GW2 probably won't come out until 6+months after Aion, because GW2 won't make them nearly as much money(no monthly fee)

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by jimitrial

If any game is to kill WoW anytime soon, this is it.
    And GW2 probably won't come out until 6+months after Aion, because GW2 won't make them nearly as much money(no monthly fee)

this will do well but its not a wow killer.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by NC_Kieron

Rafmeister, thank you for sharing your experience with Aion at PAX.  It sounds like you enjoyed your time.
    The characters at the demo stations all started out at level 12 as we wanted Aion fans to be able to experience the initial stages of the game without the growing pains of the earlier levels.  Level 12 is also after the Ascencion quest so the characters had their wings and could experience flight.
    Crafting can be started earlier than level 12, but in a different zone than was available in the demo.
    Bigdavo asked about content and character creation.  It is our intention to provide content so that grinding is kept to a minimum, although that is available as an option for those that wish to do so.
    Character creation is extremely detailed, there are 24 sliders for facial features, 13/14 sliders for physical features (m/f), and a number of different hair styles.  Facial decoration such as scars, tattoos and hair will be available in the future.  Hair, skin and lip color have a large number of pre-set options as well as palette to chose from.
    Sharajat mentioned the difference between some of the industry's big names touting their titles and word of mouth in regards to marketing.  Aion's NA and EU release is slated for 2009; we still have a number of months to build up some hype.  We are thrilled with what players and media are saying about Aion, but are not going to rest on just that alone.  Marketing efforts will ramp up in the near future.

Is this the same Kieron who used to be with CCP (EVE Online)? If so NCSoft got one of the best community guys I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with!

I'm really looking forward to Aion, and if this is the same Kieron, I'm preordeing now!

Drilla - ex-EVE-oholic

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

He is:)