Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATTN. MMORPG.com - Please update 'Games in Development' List...

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

The list on the left hand side that is.  Perhaps it's just my opinion but I think it would make things a lot easier for many of us if you updated the list and made it longer.  It's missing several of the 'big' MMORPG's that are currently in development.

-DC Online / The Agency are just two titles that come to mind off the top of my head...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

There you have it, you said big MMO's, those two aren't.

Actually, they probably don't qualify, but if you check the FAQ there is a process to follow to nominate a game to be put on the listing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Actually, they probably don't qualify, but if you check the FAQ there is a process to follow to nominate a game to be put on the listing.

But SUN, Huxley and Darkfall do?  Both the above I mentioned are backed by SOE which could buy and sell SUN and Huxley and toss them out... I'm not saying I like SOE, just saying they're much more 'solid' and have a better chance of actual major distribution and success.

But thanks for the FAQ note.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

Personally I wouldn't mind if they removed the "released" games from the left and put all the "in development" games in their place. Then maybe people will actually notice the stupid gamelist tab at the top instead of always making threads of "This game belongs here!!", only to be shown it is here, because they think the list at left contains the only games covered here.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by WisebutCruel

Personally I wouldn't mind if they removed the "released" games from the left and put all the "in development" games in their place. Then maybe people will actually notice the stupid gamelist tab at the top instead of always making threads of "This game belongs here!!", only to be shown it is here, because they think the list at left contains the only games covered here.

I love the list on the left - very handy for quick browsing.  Just feel it needs some updating.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by DeaconX

But SUN, Huxley and Darkfall do?  Both the above I mentioned are backed by SOE which could buy and sell SUN and Huxley and toss them out... I'm not saying I like SOE, just saying they're much more 'solid' and have a better chance of actual major distribution and success.

darkfall no clue what your going on about that 

Originally posted by downtoearth

He ws merely pointing out that SUN, Huxley, and Darkfall are not what most would consider big name mmos.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

Originally posted by downtoearth

He ws merely pointing out that SUN, Huxley, and Darkfall are not what most would consider big name mmos.

well it hink darkfall could be big names if aventurine did somemore advertising but it hink it will be as big as eve as long as it works good.. (maybe bigger) reasont hem other 2 arent ont he lsit is probly because they havent met the critirias whyd o you think mortal online isnt listen 1 of the reasons is it doesnt have at least 5 screenshots

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

The only game in the current development section you could make a real argument for not belonging is SUN, but hey, maybe it gets a lot more hits than I would give it credit for.

But anyways, just bookmark the forum sections for the games you're following. I started doing that quite some time ago and it makes it a lot easier to browse through everything.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Just a gentle reminder, remember to put warhammer in Release games

thx

RIP Orc Choppa

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Yeah, the list is lacking and a bit behind.

Come on MMORPG.com, part of the purpose of reading this site is to be informed.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

Originally posted by Gyrus

People like this.

Here's a simple link to all the games in development listed here.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/development

And it can be sorted to show released games, games in development, all games, etc.

Absofrickenlutely amazing.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Anyone notice the the released game list and whats at top? Seriously what the hell is that game, Navy .....! :)

Edit: As I wrote this the game dropped a spot, and will most likely fall fast. Nevermind :P

People like this.

And it can be sorted to show released games, games in development, all games, etc.

Absofrickenlutely out of date.

Here's one for you: www.wizard101.com

And if I know about that one - how many others have slipped by?  (since I don't really follow MMORPGs that closely)

Now - before you say anything - YES I did contact the Editor myself according to the FAQ here

It meets all the requirements - in fact I found it through a link on Ten Ton Hammer listed months ago.

Yet here - nothing?

It worries me a little - particularly in view of a few things I have noticed on the boards here of late.

Is MMORPG.com a site I can trust for MMO information?  Is it impartial?  Can gamers come here and speak freely?  Is the issue that KingsIsle don't advertise here?

People like this.

Absofrickenlutely out of date.

Here's one for you: www.wizard101.com

And if I know about that one - how many others have slipped by?  (since I don't really follow MMORPGs that closely)

Now - before you say anything - YES I did contact the Editor myself according to the FAQ here

It meets all the requirements - in fact I found it through a link on Ten Ton Hammer listed months ago.

Yet here - nothing?

It worries me a little - particularly in view of a few things I have noticed on the boards here of late.

Is MMORPG.com a site I can trust for MMO information?  Is it impartial?  Can gamers come here and speak freely?  Is the issue that KingsIsle don't advertise here?

Even if it meets the requirements, they won't add a section for it until the game devs contact them to do so. You as a player can say "Add this game, please!" 'til you're blue in the face. No dev contact, no section. And you'd be surprised how many devs don't read their e-mails, therefore they don't respond to mmorpg.com trying to contact them. It's not mmorpg.coms' job to track them down and convince them to want a section here.

...Even if it meets the requirements, they won't add a section for it until the game devs contact them to do so. You as a player can say "Add this game, please!" 'til you're blue in the face. No dev contact, no section. And you'd be surprised how many devs don't read their e-mails, therefore they don't respond to mmorpg.com trying to contact them. It's not mmorpg.coms' job to track them down and convince them to want a section here.

I would be interested to see an official conformation of this.

Because if what you say is true - MMORPG.com is a joke.

I mean - imagine if Blizzard or CCP hadn't contacted them?  MMORPG with no WoW or EvE forum?

FWIW - MMORPG is missing the boat with KingsIsle IMHO.

They have produced a very slick product (I am not Fanboi-ing here - have a look and judge for yourself) and have really arrived on the MMO scene as a new force to be reconed with.  They are apparently planning another project too - if it is as polished as Wizard101 then it is a title to watch.

For MMORPG.com to completely miss this is "poor" to say the least.

...Even if it meets the requirements, they won't add a section for it until the game devs contact them to do so. You as a player can say "Add this game, please!" 'til you're blue in the face. No dev contact, no section. And you'd be surprised how many devs don't read their e-mails, therefore they don't respond to mmorpg.com trying to contact them. It's not mmorpg.coms' job to track them down and convince them to want a section here.

I would be interested to see an official conformation of this.

Because if what you say is true - MMORPG.com is a joke.

I mean - imagine if Blizzard or CCP hadn't contacted them?  MMORPG with no WoW or EvE forum?

FWIW - MMORPG is missing the boat with KingsIsle IMHO.

They have produced a very slick product (I am not Fanboi-ing here - have a look and judge for yourself) and have really arrived on the MMO scene as a new force to be reconed with.  They are apparently planning another project too - if it is as polished as Wizard101 then it is a title to watch.

For MMORPG.com to completely miss this is "poor" to say the least.

You're missing the point. If mmorpg.com contacts them through the listed channels, and the devs don't respond, how is it mmorpg.coms' fault? Blizzard and CCP apparently have devs who read their correspondence. If Blizzard or CCP ignored them, why would mmorpg.com give them a section? If a dev doesn't want their game listed, it's on them.

Perhaps a simple thing, since you're so adamant that the game belongs here, would be to suggest on the games official forums for the devs to get their game listed?

I can't post on the Dev boards - not a subscriber.(Told you I was not a Fanboi)

The only issue I can see is that the Devs may be required to supply 'official images'.

But - MMORPG can do a review and list the game without this surely?

Edit:  I have been thinking about this "If a dev doesn't want their game listed, it's on them."

What is the purpose of MMORPG.com?

Is this simply one huge shill site I have been sucked into?

I thought MMORPG.com was primarily here for gamers to discuss MMORPG games and get information on those games?

That includes the good, the bad and the ugly?

Now, there are a couple of games on the list here that are certainly not getting great press from the forums.

In at least one case, if I was the company PR man I would be more than happy to see the whole forum deleted entirely.  But that does not serve the needs of gamers.

But based on what you suggest - it is up to the Devs?

So, could MMORPG.com remain credible if the Devs said "we no longer wish to be listed on your site..." and MMORPG.com complied and deleted all references and the forums?

Also, what is the purpose of a reporter who waits for info to be presented to them on a silver platter?

Reproducing press packs is not reporting.

I can't post on the Dev boards - not a subscriber.(Told you I was not a Fanboi)
    The only issue I can see is that the Devs may be required to supply 'official images'.
    But - MMORPG can do a review and list the game without this surely?

Gamesite reviews entail alot of legal crap, believe it or not. They  try to get the company/devs permission to do a review first, so as to avoid the ( very real ) possibility of being accused of libel and sued.

It's one thing for someone like you or me to write a review ( good or bad ) without being accused of hurting a games sales/reputation. We're just a couple of internet nobodies. It's another for a commercial game site which is read by hundreds of thousands of potential customers.

So they get permission to do the review, which means they can still say if it sucks or not, but the devs can't say anything because they approved the review.

Believe me, legal bullcrap takes alot of the fun out of everything these days.

Gamesite reviews entail alot of legal crap, believe it or not. They  try to get the company/devs permission to do a review first, so as to avoid the ( very real ) possibility of being accused of libel and sued.
    It's one thing for someone like you or me to write a review ( good or bad ) without being accused of hurting a games sales/reputation. We're just a couple of internet nobodies. It's another for a commercial game site which is read by hundreds of thousands of potential customers.
    So they get permission to do the review, which means they can still say if it sucks or not, but the devs can't say anything because they approved the review.
    Believe me, legal bullcrap takes alot of the fun out of everything these days.

So, they can still create a forum.

And contrary to what many people tend to believe it is actually very hard to successfully sue for libel - particularly when you begin with the word "review".

See edit to previous post too.  Why would those hundreds of thousands bother to read it if the Devs are pulling the strings?

All I can say then is contact [email protected]  , he's the editor. He can tell ya more than I can.