Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do I feel like......

Why does it feel like my in game level, 12,  is subpar?  I feel like im not leveling fast enough...I look around and see 17s and up....And ive been grinding/questing my ASS off and barely turned 12 tonite....

Just wondering how others are doing in their leveling process....

Comments

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

Because the game itself has 40 levels. It makes sense that it takes a bit longer to get a level than other games with higher level caps.

Groovy.

• DaxxanDaxxan Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Originally posted by nellson

Why does it feel like my in game level, 12,  is subpar?  I feel like im not leveling fast enough...I look around and see 17s and up....And ive been grinding/questing my ASS off and barely turned 12 tonite....

When did you start playing? Sunday afternoon for the CE 4 day head start or Tuesday for the SE 2 day head start?  Also, what class are you playing and have you just been playing the one toon?

I started Sunday and have a lvl 12 Zealot and a lvl 8 Archmage.  I also spent time trying out other classes up to about lvl 4.   Hope this helps! 

I personally don't like to feel like I'm racing to lvl up to 40.

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279
    Originally posted by Daxxan

When did you start playing? Sunday afternoon for the CE 4 day head start or Tuesday for the SE 2 day head start?  Also, what class are you playing and have you just been playing the one toon?

I started Sunday and have a lvl 12 Zealot and a lvl 8 Archmage.  I also spent time trying out other classes up to about lvl 4.   Hope this helps! 

Your answer is right here in your reply.  You dont feel like your leveling very fast because your exploring the new world you've joined and are experimenting with the different classes.  

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

It's been clearly stated that the fastest way to level is to do BOTH PvP and PvE.  It sounds to me like you're doing nothing but PvE.  That's why you're not lvling fast.

• SolatarSolatar Member UncommonPosts: 46

Yeah, RvR and PvE are the way to go. During the extremely short open beta phase, I hit 14 on my dwarf ironbreaker over a few days of play.

Funny thing though, I've been on headstart since Sunday and still can't make up my mind which server to play on, so I've got like half-dozen level 6s spread around. Doh!

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

Last night I quested from 10 to 11, took 3-4 hours. Then I went and pvped to lvl 12, took maybe little over 2 hours.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• KaenashKaenash Member Posts: 120

what is the rush to level?

just enjoy the journey.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

I'm glad it's slow, that means it'll take a while to level up, and ppl will stay longer, and burn things to the ground, grind things to dust.

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

Lol in my case i dont even see the lvling , i just pvp 99% of the time and then bang i get a lvl . Of course if you play it like WoW ( quest grind till ur eye bleed ) you will be bored to crap .

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Philss

Lol in my case i dont even see the lvling , i just pvp 99% of the time and then bang i get a lvl . Of course if you play it like WoW ( quest grind till ur eye bleed ) you will be bored to crap .

QFT. 

I mostly do RvR, scenarios, and PQs.  I don't care much for the "kill 10 dwarves" or "deliver this to Bobo" quests.  The cool thing is...I don't have to do those quests!   Plus no kill grinding.  I can just have fun! 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

Heh.

If all you are doing is PvE to level up, and are not doing RvR and Scenario, man are you in for a rude awakening when you do start.

WAR RvR is not like WoW stuf with all that bunny-hop junk and mash-the-same-three-buttons to play.

WAR has full Friendly and Enemy contact blocking.

And classes here are complex.

Recommend you re-roll so you can get into T1 RvR & Scenarios.

Learn to play, or you will just be dead-meat in RvR.

Good Hunting

• DaxxanDaxxan Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Originally posted by TeranHawkins

Originally posted by Daxxan

Your answer is right here in your reply.  You dont feel like your leveling very fast because your exploring the new world you've joined and are experimenting with the different classes.  

Wipe them out....ALL of them.

TeranHawkins  - nellson is the one that is frustrated with his leveling, not me.  My reply was in response to his question. lol.  I'm happy with my leveling.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Some people like to level as fast as they can.

Just my two cents.

• joessasjoessas Member Posts: 6

Easy :

Doing a Quest takes 10 Minutes, you get aroud 2k XP .

Winning a T1-RvR-Scenario takes 13 Minutes, you get armound 8k XP. And it ´s more fun.

That´s why they´re 17 and you´re 12 (Well that´s my guess).

Cheers,

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

there are rank 29+ that are only RR4 =p I'm sure they aren't doing rvr contnt and they are managing just fine. If you want to PvE lvl then do it with a group and knock out PQs too. There alot of quest that will just require you to talk to someone andit gives a nice chunk of xp.

PvE is a very viable lvling tool but ...the only gear you will be able to use is the gear that have little to no RR requirement. In the end you will need to do RvR content to lvl your RR if you want to be able to equip the best gear in the game.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

You are probably actually accomplishing a lot more per rank than they are. I had like 6 hours for a rank 7. Making sure you get each chapter fully completed, get the best weapons, find all the easter eggs, it consumes a lot of time. ESPECIALLY since this is a new game with mysteries to solve, it hasn't been lineated yet.

Personally I'm going to try and go to the other races starting zones/tiers and accomplish as much as I can.

For me it is a race AGAINST the experience bar, since I heard you will only be able to go back one tier, and I don't know if you actually get forced out of a zone if you reach a level cap, when i really want to get as much done on one character as possible like collecting all the chapters.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

I personnaly think that levelup is too fast. I get lvl 20 in something like one week that is the half of the levels for the game. The good thing is that there are 80 RR (Renown Rank) so if you level up generally PvP you will face 40 lvl with 40 RR so there is another 40RR to level up in while do high end PvE raids.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Many of the people playing this early are addicts and therefore they grind all day and night long.  I've played my ass off and there are still people 4-5 levels higher than me and I'm at 17.  That's just the way it is in MMOs.  Some people are addicted to the leveling while others love to explore and try new things.  Just enjoy the game, level at your own pace.  There will be people coming and going and making alts for years and years to come with WAR.  Don't be in a rush, you'll miss a lot of the fun content.

• noblotnoblot Member Posts: 287

As long as it doesn't take me a month to get a level when I get to 30 like LotR, I'll be happy :)

The main bit is there something to do at the level I am at; since you get a buff for RvR if you are below a certain level, then what is the problem?

My level 5 was buffed to 8 and I was still taking a poke at level 10s.

• DeadlyByDezDeadlyByDez Member Posts: 152

Daft question here but Ihave not been paying attention. When you particiapate in Scenarios/RvR, do you get PvE xp( your main visible level XP). And if so do you get much of it?

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593
    Originally posted by DeadlyByDez

Daft question here but Ihave not been paying attention. When you particiapate in Scenarios/RvR, do you get PvE xp( your main visible level XP). And if so do you get much of it?

You get sh***loads of XP by doing scenarios and RvR. In addition to xp for player kills you can do quests in RvR zones as well as 2 repeatable quests for scenarios. You level quite a bit faster in RvR than in pure PvE.

A hint: when you see that the contested RvR lake in T1 is all red that DOESN'T mean that it is swarming with enemy. Quite the opposite - they've most probably taken their objectives and left them unguarded since there's no one around to fight (that's what I see playing order). Just get into a 3-4 strong group and retake objectives while they're looking the other way.

Each T1 RvR objective is guarded by a rank 10 champion that can drop some really good blues. In T2 you get keep lords which are actually Public Quests with great rewards.