Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bigup For Blizzard!!! I just got banned, pwnage!

mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

No seriously, I got banned, I must be l33t.

Now none of you know me and whenever I see one of these kinds of topics I would always think 'bollocks you cheated in some way'. And If any one here now reading this (who hasn't themselves been banned for no reason), doesn't also think 'this guy is a lieing, cheating twat' is a gulible idiot.

But I'm not here to protest my innocence, so you better continue to be skeptical. I am writing because it's funny as arse :) The reason being that I have played this game on and off (recently on, after AoC debacle), since day 1 of EU release and in all that time I have NEVER once joined a guild and as such, in 5 years I have NEVER even 1 TIME transfered money out of my account.

I have 1 (count it 'one' level 70 and a load of lower alts 'cos I'm too bored shitless after 15 minutes of leveling (merely log on to chat to friends) in all my time of playing I can honestly say I have never looted an item worth any money and as such (combined with lack of interest at all in raiding) am poor as crap. I kinda would have liked a l33t flying mount but tbh I have the most money on my main that I've ever had, 900 gold! HARDCORE!!!.

Tbh I am fkin pretty l33t so I reckon my ban was well deserved :) .

Honestly not whinning here, I have no interest in playing tbh, might have liked to try lich king maybe, am slightly pissed off that, despite my complete indifference to the game, I did still spend way, way, way toooooo long getting my main to 70 (took about 3 and a half year on and off).

Anyways thought I'd share with you all, good laugh tbh. Never been banned for l33tness before.

-----
“The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

Comments

• DiamedesDiamedes Member Posts: 70

Your spelling and grammar are pretty l33t too.

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698

I have no reasonable response other than "WTF".

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

what did the ban letter say? what was the reason?

bad luck.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

Yeah man, you never said what they said they banned you for.

All I got from that post was that you are, as the WoW-forum-trolls would say, a "casual" player not interested in raiding or endgame at all really, don't enjoy grinding or leveling new alts, and that you were banned for some unknown reason.

Actually I think it is possible to be banned for no good reason, after all, everyone makes mistakes, even the "game-gods" over at Blizzard. So please expand, and let us know what you allegedly did that got you banned.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

I'm going to say he bought gold.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

I think I missed the point of this post somewhere...

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269
    Originally posted by Diamedes

You're really popular right?

-----

Originally posted by SgtFrog

-----

Email -

It is with regret that we take this type of action, however, it is in the best interest of the World of Warcraft community as a whole, and for the integrity of the game, that your access to the World of Warcraft servers be cancelled.

Online trading refers to the exchange of in-game content for real world money, and includes, but is not limited to, the sale or purchase of gold, the sale or purchase of experience in the form of powerlevelling, and the sale or purchase of honor points, reputation or items.

--------

I kind of stated in the first post that there was no point, just posting ofr the sake of posting. Waiting  on War servers to come up in EU, cant seem to get on.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354
    Originally posted by Abrahmm

I think I missed the point of this post somewhere...

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by mrw0lf

-----

-----

Email -

It is with regret that we take this type of action, however, it is in the best interest of the World of Warcraft community as a whole, and for the integrity of the game, that your access to the World of Warcraft servers be cancelled.

Online trading refers to the exchange of in-game content for real world money, and includes, but is not limited to, the sale or purchase of gold, the sale or purchase of experience in the form of powerlevelling, and the sale or purchase of honor points, reputation or items.

if you have truly bought no gold email them telling them so.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ItirelItirel Member Posts: 88

-----

-----

Email -

--------

I kind of stated in the first post that there was no point, just posting ofr the sake of posting. Waiting  on War servers to come up in EU, cant seem to get on.

So how much gold did you buy?

Originally posted by Locklain

I'm going to say he bought gold.

Do they sell gold at 900 a time ? :)

-----

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

No idea, I havn't played WoW in probably two years.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
    Originally posted by Itirel

-----

-----

Email -

--------

So how much gold did you buy?

I cant say it has too many 9's to list here

-----

Nice answer!

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

Since you brought this up, you thought it was so cool to brag about being banned yet you wouldnt reveal your reasoning? This is hilarious.

Besides which it didn't specify I bought, I could have been the pimp, way more l33t. I'm the WoW mafia.

-----

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

er..if you did buy gold, then that's your reason.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by wh0astar

Since you brought this up, you thought it was so cool to brag about being banned yet you wouldnt reveal your reasoning? This is hilarious.

He asked a rhetorical question, I cant reason as there is no answer. Only a fool would believe someone who said they didn't buy gold on the internet. No matter how honest anyone believed me to be, it would be foolish to take the word of a stranger noone even knows

-----

Anyways, 1337 peeps know how not to get caught.

Originally posted by Itirel

Anyways, 1337 peeps know how not to get caught.

Damn thats a good point.

They've taken my l33tness too, oh the woe.

-----

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

I'm guessing:  you and a buddy of yours were killing each other for honor points?

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

Originally posted by Wickersham

I'm guessing:  you and a buddy of yours were killing each other for honor points?

Can you even do that? Surely they have a time limit from kill to kill.

If not, and I get my account back, sounds like a plan!

-----

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Just in time...

Maybe it was a sign from the gaming gods ...

'Thee graduated from Warcraft academy, now thee willest fight the real WAR!"

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

My guess would be that your account was hacked before it was banned. 

When was the last time you logged in?  You might try logging into your account thru the account management page and see if you can.  Even though you cannot play the game, you should still be able to login to your account to manage it.  If not, then it was probably hacked and the password changed.

If you get the following, your password has not been changed, but that doesn't necessarily mean the account wasn't hacked.  If still could have been, but they just didn't bother to change your password.

"Access to this World of Warcraft account has been disabled by Blizzard Entertainment. For more information, including the amount of time it will be in place, please check the email address registered on the account. All information and any updates on the account will have been sent there by the Account Administration team. Please be sure to check "junk" or "spam" folders as well, since notification emails may have been routed there as well.

Possible reasons for this account status may include:

Temporarily locked because of an ownership dispute.

Temporarily suspended for breaking Terms of Use or game policy.

Permanently banned for more serious violations

Temporarily locked by Billing due to possible fraudulent activity."

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

maybe blizz hired a new guy and he wanted your characters name?

This discussion has been closed.