Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! I can't beat superman ;_;

Every time I go against him he pounds me into mush.  I can't seem to find the Kryptonite.

Ok.... now that that's out of my system.  Seriously, this game doesn't really look like it's going anywhere fast, and I pray that this will either be F2P like Pirates of the Caribbean (with those graphics) or they're just preliminary graphics in which case they shouldn't have even been shown off.

I like the idea though that they are making it more "active" than other MMOs.  By that standard I'm hoping for gameplay closer to Ratchet and Clank or a Superman/Batman console game simply because it would be possible to work into an MMO atmosphere.  They did it once with SWG (pre-NGE), and I think that if they incorporated that non-level based system into the MMO it would work. 

The only thing that bugs me is, how are they going to deal with issues like my post's title?  Certainly you can't expect a melee character to beat-up superman without Kryptonite.  Most superheroes are simply too powerful to be beat by most supervillains.  Even Batman is often portrayed as too smart and cunning for everyone (sometimes even Superman, which makes no sense unless Superman really does have an humongous ego that nothing can "hurt" him).

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
Current: FFXI (PC/360)
Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

Comments

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353
    Originally posted by BlueCadwal

Every time I go against him he pounds me into mush.  I can't seem to find the Kryptonite.
    The only thing that bugs me is, how are they going to deal with issues like my post's title?  Certainly you can't expect a melee character to beat-up superman without Kryptonite.  Most superheroes are simply too powerful to be beat by most supervillains.  Even Batman is often portrayed as too smart and cunning for everyone (sometimes even Superman, which makes no sense unless Superman really does have an humongous ego that nothing can "hurt" him).

Did I miss the press release that says we'll be able to create villains in the DCU? Or that we'll be fighting Superman on our entry level missions?

This issue also came up with the upcoming Mortal Kombat vs DC game.

Superman has two weaknesses (three if you count Lois): Kryptonite and magic. Maybe you haven't noticed, but Superman doesn't go up against supervillains with magic- or powers all that often. At least, not by himself. Actually, I can't really think of any supervillains with magic-based powers. Maybe the Olympian gods, but they're part of Wonder Woman's set--not Superman's. Sorry, I digress. Even if you can't find Kryptonite, there is still the possibility of using magic against him.

And actually, Superman is pretty confident in his invulnerability. If it weren't real, I'd be tempted to call it arrogance. Do you, in real life, worry about getting shot or run over or stabbed while you go about your daily business? I hope not. Kryptonite is a fairly rare substance. Supervillains are able to obtain it because they're supervillains. Why would Joe Schmoe want a piece? Superman/Clark Kent can walk around without fear because he is invulnerable. Even if he does fight someone and get banged up, all he needs is a little yellow sun bath, and he's good to go.

Besides, if you're some low level super-thug arrogant enough to think you should stand a fair chance against Superman, you probably deserve to get pounded into mush. I suspect if you get to the point where you're going to be fighting Superman, you'll have access to Kryptonite.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

During E3 they said that players will be able to pick their side.  To scheme with Lex Luthor and the Joker or fight along side Batman and Superman.  It's probably something that the news outlets overlooked since it was during the E3 presentation rather a formal interview.  I know a lot of things probably got overlooked during that. 

And I actually do worry about being stabbed or shot during my affairs on a daily basis >_<

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353

You made it to E3? I'm envious. 

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

• Rodimus2010Rodimus2010 Member UncommonPosts: 17

I saw it in several video and written interviews that you'd be able too pick side's be it villian or hero. So I dont think it was lost due too the annoucement so much as that it seemed too be only mentioned haphazardly.

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

I don't want any games I like to be f2p.

As an employed adult gamer, I would rather pay a monthly fee to insure further development and help to raise the potential for success of the title. It sure beats awful item malls and other systems that have no place on higher end MMOs.

A movie: 10 dollars +. An mmo that takes years of development and can provide dozens of hours a month of entertainment: 14 dollars. It's a no brainer.

Honestly, if it is a serious financial issue, you should be out looking for more gainful employment rather than gaming.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• darwin45darwin45 Member Posts: 2

Hey could you tell me how i can downloa the game???

darwin

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by darwin45

The game doesn't exist yet.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477
    Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by darwin45

The game doesn't exist yet.

Well it does exist in a slightly playable apha stage  version.

• MikeTheSaintMikeTheSaint Member Posts: 74

Anyone else seen Bats go up against Supes with his Kryptonite gloves on?

• Jesta052177Jesta052177 Member Posts: 8

I think I read that the two "starting" cities wil lbe Metropolis and Gotham.. and then you can branch out to other places like Central City and Star City..

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Relax, the game is in early alpha stages yet. Trust in Jim Lee, the graphical director, he's great... I did really like his old GEN 13 and DV8 comics :D And there is few artist that can make comics characters like him (ok, my favorite is Simon Bisley so don't trust me).

The highest textures are probably not finnished yet and then they have to put on effects like shadows, lightning, fog and so on.

Anyone knows if Lobo will be in?

• anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Loke666

As much as I like the comics. For the sake of my possible avatar, the city he/she acts in and the world itself I HOPE NOT!

• thenedainthenedain Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by anothername

Originally posted by Loke666

As much as I like the comics. For the sake of my possible avatar, the city he/she acts in and the world itself I HOPE NOT!

I ain't fighting the Main Man.  That's a losing battle right there.  For me and the rest of the universe.

• MaHaBoneMaHaBone Member Posts: 13

Lobo can't die.  He's got a mandate from God.

• aleXiSFuryaleXiSFury Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by BlueCadwal

During E3 they said that players will be able to pick their side.  To scheme with Lex Luthor and the Joker or fight along side Batman and Superman.  It's probably something that the news outlets overlooked since it was during the E3 presentation rather a formal interview.  I know a lot of things probably got overlooked during that. 
    And I actually do worry about being stabbed or shot during my affairs on a daily basis >_<

yeah, me too.  ain't life grand?