Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is way too despressing to play

spyhunter107spyhunter107 Member Posts: 104

Considering the updates this past year, and the forgottable one from Dec 10th, 2007 - I think this game is officially dead or barely alived. I once loved this game because it was unique unlike the rest of the generation, it had potential similar to UO in those aspects.

The pking in the wilderness is what got me into playing Runescape, I advanced my character (Whom is now premmy banned couple months ago) just so I could become a better pker, and I forced myself to quest so I could get those rewards despite how awful/long questing in Runescape was/is.  I must say, There is very few games that allowed player looting, and Runecape was one of those games. Sadly Jagex decided to stop an unstoppable force leading to the death of Runescape - Gold farmers. 

Remembering the past of pking in the Wilderness then to log-in to Runescape makes me despress.

Runescape=Officially dead to me

Darkfall is coming!

Comments

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

I think they took it too far IMO, they could of kept the PKing in the wildy atleast. That was the ONE and ONLY reason I played.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

(see the thread on runescape at e3 interview in these forums.) 

It was not just about gold farmers, that is why they chose the option they did rather than any of the options they had that did not affect gameplay. this is the reason:

"Adam Tuckwell is the “Safety Minister” and Head of PR at Jagex. He was proud to talk to me about Runescape's effort to make the game a safe environment for under children under the age of 13. Previously, players had to to be 13+ to play the game. Runescape launched the under 13 game in June. This provides a Quick Chat interface, and children under 13 can only see Quick Chat text from other players of the under 13 game. This game is Coppa compliant, and have been awarded Best in Class by the IWF (Internet Watch Foundation). Since the launch of the under 13 game, Jagex has seen a 40% increase in Runescape registrations.

In the Quarter 2 or 3 of 2009, the Parental Controls dashboard will be launched. This provides parents with the means to set how often and how long their children can play Runescape, set various chat settings and have various controls over their children's Friends List – such as the ability to add friends with or without parental approval."

They are gearing their game up for the lil kiddie crowd. As we all know the little kids did not like dying and losing their stuff, but it was not till now that they are admitting that they are trying to turn it into a totally child friendly game  This is the true reason they killed their game. It was not gold sellers it was because they want to target young children. JAGEX not gold sellers killed their game.  Jagex had many other choices that they refused to implement instead.

They removed those posts containing those options from their forums prior to releasing the information about those updates.  They Banned good players that were posting them from their forums. They were not banned for breaking any rules, they were banned for trying to make the runescape community aware of their other options and what other games are currently using to stop gold seller prior to the announcement of the fall updates.

To all of those that said "jagex would never do this" read it yourself. The link to the article is in the other thread. They are actually proud of this decsion.  They killed the game, and seem to be happy about doing that.

• EnchainedEnchained Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by deviliscious

(see the thread on runescape at e3 interview in these forums.) 
    It was not just about gold farmers, that is why they chose the option they did rather than any of the options they had that did not affect gameplay. this is the reason:

"Adam Tuckwell is the “Safety Minister” and Head of PR at Jagex. He was proud to talk to me about Runescape's effort to make the game a safe environment for under children under the age of 13. Previously, players had to to be 13+ to play the game. Runescape launched the under 13 game in June. This provides a Quick Chat interface, and children under 13 can only see Quick Chat text from other players of the under 13 game. This game is Coppa compliant, and have been awarded Best in Class by the IWF (Internet Watch Foundation). Since the launch of the under 13 game, Jagex has seen a 40% increase in Runescape registrations.
    In the Quarter 2 or 3 of 2009, the Parental Controls dashboard will be launched. This provides parents with the means to set how often and how long their children can play Runescape, set various chat settings and have various controls over their children's Friends List – such as the ability to add friends with or without parental approval."
    They are gearing their game up for the lil kiddie crowd. As we all know the little kids did not like dying and losing their stuff, but it was not till now that they are admitting that they are trying to turn it into a totally child friendly game  This is the true reason they killed their game. It was not gold sellers it was because they want to target young children. JAGEX not gold sellers killed their game.  Jagex had many other choices that they refused to implement instead.
    They removed those posts containing those options from their forums prior to releasing the information about those updates.  They Banned good players that were posting them from their forums. They were not banned for breaking any rules, they were banned for trying to make the runescape community aware of their other options and what other games are currently using to stop gold seller prior to the announcement of the fall updates.
    To all of those that said "jagex would never do this" read it yourself. The link to the article is in the other thread. They are actually proud of this decsion.  They killed the game, and seem to be happy about doing that.

I read that and i was Wow because i never knew about it lol thats really stupid but do you think they will earn anything for it? i mean in the future like more parents wanting kids to play that game or things like that?

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

The community is technically more depressing than anything Jagex could have done.

There is a few people who play the game at my college on the schools computers...  there's nothing more laughable than a 32 year old mumbling asdfasdfing noob under is breath, then jabbing his friend next to him and use their outdoor voice to talk about what happened.

Obviously some people who are randomly calling you noob as an insult in runescape truely think so outside of it...

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52

Yeah. This game has just gone downhill and jagex hasn't done anything. It's like their driving a rollercoaster with a million other people and driving to a cliff with a 1000 foot dropoff. And their not doing anything.

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

RuneScape is a game targeted for every person no matter how old they are. It is still a game which allows full looting but in more control environments.

Let's make a comparison :

RuneScape still allows full looting if you choose to go to the full looting area, so it is a matter of choice.

The only difference between RuneScape and other games is that the game does not allow wealth to be transferred unfairly between characters while all the other games out there still allow such a thing.

The only people that RuneScape dissapointed was the ones who ware here before the others and the ones that liked the PvP aspect of the game. The ones who didn't like the updates either went away or just accepted the changes. And the new players that arrive will replace them, without caring what happened before.

I am a bit gratefull that there are no more gold farmers, they ware purely annoying. I think the cost of getting rid of the gold farmers once and for all was well paid. There is no more influx of gold earned for the purpose of obtaining financial benefits in real life.

A game is a game even if it has restricted PvP environments or none at all. There are thousands of games out there that have no multi player enchancement and people still buy them, for example GTA/Dink Smallwood (one of the 1st RPG's out there i think it inspired RuneScape as it is very similar in it's humor)

This game still has PvP but at a smaller scale compared to the massive amount of PvE (E=environment) And let us not forget that 95% of the updates RuneScape received until wilderness was closed didn't have PvP content and was directed for PvE experience.

And let's not forget most of the games out there do not have the amount of content Rs has. (Acquired in 4 to 5 years of regular weekly or bi-weekly content). And people ware happy about it, now we are receiving updates that have the purpose of creating more PvP scenarios, which will allow people to interact even more with each other.

And the people that come here are the ones who just quit the game or are still playing but still are unhappy with the updates.

This is my point of view and i think you people are exagerating.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by kesleri

RuneScape is a game targeted for every person no matter how old they are. It is still a game which allows full looting but in more control environments.
    RuneScape still allows full looting if you choose to go to the full looting area, so it is a matter of choice.
    Bounty Hunter is the ONLY place available for this.  An area much smaller than the wilderness, where people "PJ" so much, and when players get "targets" and can teleport to them.  Not only that, but unless you are one of the higher levels in the cage, you have NO chance of winning.  It is so unbalanced, with caves going every 50 levels or so, it just isn't fair.
    Not only that, but it is a pathetic replacement for how great the wildy was.  Also, there is still NO multiplayer with full loot...only singleplayer.
    The only difference between RuneScape and other games is that the game does not allow wealth to be transferred unfairly between characters while all the other games out there still allow such a thing.
    LOL you make it sound like JaGeX is doing a good thing.  Games with even more problems than Jagex still allow free trade...then again, they are real games.  Lineage2, World of Warcraft...the list goes on. 
    The days of helping a noob are over.  I remember how hard it was to make money as a lower level, so I would like to help out a noob.  Unfortunately, I cannot, since Jagex over-exxagerated and took away the ability for me to trade more than 3k!
    The only people that RuneScape dissapointed was the ones who ware here before the others and the ones that liked the PvP aspect of the game. The ones who didn't like the updates either went away or just accepted the changes. And the new players that arrive will replace them, without caring what happened before.
    This update affects everyone...not just PvPers.  No one can lend, there is no good PvP...the list goes on.  The only people playing RuneScape are kids who don't know of any other games or people who put too much time into the game to quit...
    The kids may replace us, but more people are quitting..
    I am a bit gratefull that there are no more gold farmers, they ware purely annoying. I think the cost of getting rid of the gold farmers once and for all was well paid. There is no more influx of gold earned for the purpose of obtaining financial benefits in real life.
    Was it worth it?  Are you going to tell me it was seriously worth it?  That you're glad JaGeX did this?   Player or not, no one is happy about what they did.

A game is a game even if it has restricted PvP environments or none at all. There are thousands of games out there that have no multi player enchancement and people still buy them, for example GTA/Dink Smallwood (one of the 1st RPG's out there i think it inspired RuneScape as it is very similar in it's humor)
    Yes...
    This game still has PvP but at a smaller scale compared to the massive amount of PvE (E=environment) And let us not forget that 95% of the updates RuneScape received until wilderness was closed didn't have PvP content and was directed for PvE experience.
    Most of them were quests, which I suppose would be correct.
    But still, there was no need to change anything in the wilderness..everything was fine until they touched it.
    And let's not forget most of the games out there do not have the amount of content Rs has. (Acquired in 4 to 5 years of regular weekly or bi-weekly content). And people ware happy about it, now we are receiving updates that have the purpose of creating more PvP scenarios, which will allow people to interact even more with each other.
    The PVP updates were horrible..Bounty Hunter, Fists of Guthix, Clan Wars...all poor replacements to the once great wildrrness.
    And the people that come here are the ones who just quit the game or are still playing but still are unhappy with the updates.
    No one reallly is "happy" with the updates.  They may accept them, but are not happy about them.
    llllllllllllllllll

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

Item lending is now possible, regarding the other comments, i was just pointing out that the number of players who enjoys PvE more then PvP is way larger then the amount of PvP loving players. Therefor the amount of people affected was smaller. I also witnessed in the past month the Player Online counter, counting 180k+ players at peak times compared to 150k- when wildy was removed, which means that the players that quit because of wilderness being removed are being replaced. Or older players are comming back to RuneScape ( which applies to me also) because there are a lot of games out there compared to RuneScape are just tiny midgets when comes to features and content.

I also think clan wars will also receive full looting as an option, as they released a sceenshot which indicates it as an option in the Behind the Scanes of August.

Ah almost forgot, i also have 2 rants about the game :

Custom Support = This game has a very large amount of people dealing with player support. Unfortunetly for us those people hired to help us are brainless monkeys which don't do anything but receive a nice amount of money at the end of the month.

Another rant about RuneScape is that the developing team always makes things easier by adding easier ways of doing stuff, i really hate this kind of strategy. The game is 100% easier then RuneScape classic.

Anyhow, good luck with your ranting but what you will ever accomplish will be without results as Jagex stated they will never bring back the old PvP system back.

I would like seeing more threads in this section of this portal that are not regarding Jagex decission to remove Wilderness 8 months ago.

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52

Item lending is now possible, regarding the other comments, i was just pointing out that the number of players who enjoys PvE more then PvP is way larger then the amount of PvP loving players. Therefor the amount of people affected was smaller. I also witnessed in the past month the Player Online counter, counting 180k+ players at peak times compared to 150k- when wildy was removed, which means that the players that quit because of wilderness being removed are being replaced. Or older players are comming back to RuneScape ( which applies to me also) because there are a lot of games out there compared to RuneScape are just tiny midgets when comes to features and content.
    I also think clan wars will also receive full looting as an option, as they released a sceenshot which indicates it as an option in the Behind the Scanes of August.
    Custom Support = This game has a very large amount of people dealing with player support. Unfortunetly for us those people hired to help us are brainless monkeys which don't do anything but receive a nice amount of money at the end of the month.
    Another rant about RuneScape is that the developing team always makes things easier by adding easier ways of doing stuff, i really hate this kind of strategy. The game is 100% easier then RuneScape classic.
    Anyhow, good luck with your ranting but what you will ever accomplish will be without results as Jagex stated they will never bring back the old PvP system back.
    I would like seeing more threads in this section of this portal that are not regarding Jagex decission to remove Wilderness 8 months ago.

If you actually belive that the player counter is telling the truth than you are just not paying attention to the game. You could log in to a world that supposedly had 1945 players and it would look like it only had 100. It doesn't matter if clan wars will get full looting, you know why? Because clan wars was a pathetic replacement of the wildy. So were all your precious little PVE updates. And even if they were you can't denie that they made mistakes. Nobody on my friends list logs on anymore. Especially the older players. I'm not trying to insult you. Also, new players will get bored of the game because there is nothing to do after you level everything up.

This is incorrect. This game is no longer targeted for adults.  Jagex's primary focus at this time is bringing in the under 13 crowd. By doing this they alienate their mature players because children make for a poor community. Adults do not want to play with little kids, they like to have decent conversations,  and children do not provide that.
    They did before the updates, but not anymore. I liked to train crafting in  the wildrerness to keep the skills from being so boring. There is no place in this game that you can do that anymore. I used to be able to kill an entire clan solo there is no place you can do that anymore either. Choices are very limited on how you want to train  now because the choice to train in a pvp full loot area is no longer there.
    There are many differences between Runescape and other games. This is only one of them. Is it unfair to give  other player christmas presents? unfair to give other players birthday gifts?  No that is all part of being in a social environment. Players like being able to do nice things for each other in game, just as people like to be able to do nice things for people in life.   Even in prisons people are allowed to give each other things it is ridiculous that a game is worse than prison.
    This is incorrect. The removal of the wilderness greatly affected high skillers.  My friends with 99 smithing feel like there was no purpose to their hard earned skills now since the supply and demand of the game has been nerfed. Each skiller makes thousands of each item and each buyer only needs one set of rune now. The items are not degradable and instead of fixing the game they decided to target children  that cannot understand the concepts of supply and demand. Anyone that understand how supply and demand works will be very disappointed in the games economy.
    There are gold farmers.They are still selling gold. This is incorrect. You can go buy gold right now if you chose to. You can pay them to train your account, you can pay them to put the gold on your account for you as well. You just do not see  as many level 3 gold farmers. Your gold farmers have fully loaded accounts for sale instead. Whether you want to admit it, they are still there, going strong as ever. Now Jagex just has gold farmers and a broken game.
    Yes there are thousands of lousy games, and this just was added to the pile.
    What about the players who enjoyed pve in a pvp area?
    mindless clicking , lack of strategy, lack of thought needed to do everything in the game is not content.
    There sheer number of players comming to this and other forums that are upset with the quaility of game they received from Jagex, and for the poor way they were treated by their customer service speaks for itself. You go to many other game forums here for other games and you do not have as many upset players as you find here.  That is not exxageration, that is  a fact. Go look at guild wars forums, why are there not many threads from players hating that game? That is because They give quality cutomer service and care about their players.  When a game maker does not care about their players you will have many upset players in their forums.  The runescape community in game is depressed, compared to the mood you find in most games. It is sad but true.

The entire community was affected , not just the PVP members. The market has taken a hard hit due to the removal of demand in the game. The reasons for buying multiple sets of  armor, potions, massive amounts of food, training to 94 mage,  are no longer what they were because the demand for them is just not there anymore.
    The player online counter when I used to play used to be at 250k players online, but even as we have all noticed at different times that even with all worlds offline it was stating there were 100k players online, and we have no idea how long it has been this way.  Turnover with this game has always been high, just with these updates players will not stay as long as they used to. The game used to be designed for players to be able to play for years, but with they way they are running it  now  they are calling it a "starter mmorpg" . Jagex  employees stated that themselves as they were quoted in the interview  they gave at e3. They do not care about keeping players just getting new ones.  In this  day and age of game options there is massive competition unlike years past . Gamers these days expect more from their games and you ask a kid if they want to play runescape and their answer is" why would I play that when I can play something fun? "
    Older players are not comming back, they are the ones leaving at the highest rate considering Jagex's decsion to make the primary focus in the game on targeting the children under 13 market. They are currently headed that way and have said so themselves.  The  new updates and the updates to come will all be focusing on this according to their own PR reps. And they seem to be proud of this. They are hiring for a new head of runescape to  lead the way into the childrens gaming market.  They are using fun orb and mini clip to attract kids, not adults to their game and hope to have a totally child safe game by the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2009.
    All of the pvp mini games are a poor substitute for the wilderness.  
    I agree  when players come to them with problems  and need help you are treated poorly most of the time. Custmore service has been arrogant, rude, and basically useless. Even games with higher numbers of members than this game give way better quality of serive than you will receive from Jagex.
    As they have stated recently they are gearing it up for the childrens market, and children need the game to be easier because they do not have the patience to actually work for anything in a game.  It is sad they have chose to take their game in this driection, I think the majority of the mature players will probably have had enough by the time they implement the rest of the child safety features.

• Ratboy51Ratboy51 Member Posts: 29

RuneScape's Wilderness Pking had to be taken out because of the Real World Traders.

Epic awesome me

Originally posted by Ratboy51

RuneScape's Wilderness Pking had to be taken out because of the Real World Traders.

No, this is what they tell you . This is completely false. Other games have much better systems to deal with RMT, and Jagex was aware of these things. They chose to remove the posts prior to the announcement that they were removing the wildernesss. They did not remove posts because they were against the rules, they removed them because they did not want the runescape public to be aware they had many  better options than to do what they were choosing to do.  When they removed these posts all they stated was " this is a matter that Jagex takes very seriously, and we regretfully have to remove this post." They chose  to take the option removing the wilderness because they were gearing their game up for the childrens market. They wanted to make their game a child safe and friendly game which they have recently announced in interviews at e3. They had other options that did not affect trade  or the wilderness, they just chose not to use them.

Anyone who knows anything about games, knows that there is no reason to do what they did to their game.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Response:Sorry comrade, but you got it all wrong. Times have changed, and places have switched. Now, it is absolutely common and routine to see 29000-30000 playing at midnight, and 94000 playing on peak hours(after school hours).
    Response:Oh don't have to get me started on this one. A person who praises cheap work is cheap himself. Think about it. Try to elevate your standards a little higher. It can boost your self esteem you know.
    Response: Their money? dwindling at rapid rates. They just hide it that's why  majority of the common folk don't know. People like you need to look deeper.

Response:Good Luck to you too.

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

I posted about 250-500 threads in complaints (all locked)... I blogged against them (my blog got removed for 'vulgar' language), made videos against them (Which were mysteriously in violation of copyright) and berated their tactics on a number of forums. Why I am not banned is beyond me. The world may never know...

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

You took the words out of my mouth, played rsc and rs2 and started in 2001

• Croady4Croady4 Member Posts: 18

Very true runescape went down a few Knoch's getting rid of pvp one of the good advantages and looting is always funn

Runescape=not dead but close

Live Life With FREEWILL!!!!!
    Live Life With FREEWILL!!!!!

• Well, if you consider the new PvP system in certain worlds, you still can have fun.  Although I like the old school way of doing things, this new system is okay. 

• quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 125

there's a shit load of other ways they could have stopped RWT. all they had to do was make items bind. but then they would need to make more item, which they will never do because jagex is lazy and there spending all there time on funorb and the new MMORPG. heres an idea, forget about funorb and this new secret MMORPG, and actually fix the game you have now. don't just ditch it and make a new one.

• mad_webbiemad_webbie Member Posts: 45

Create your own game and lets see how good it will be compare to RS. The fact is, no one is forcing you to play this game. It's a game, you can leave when you are bored. Lol!

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

Good Necro job....seriously...2008 WTF