Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion. My last hop.

VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

I really really hope this game has a good release and is fun.  It has everything I am looking for, flight, housing, some pvp, good customization, a storyline and hence reason for playing, great graphics.

Unfortunately the last game that had all or most of this (Vanguard) tanked with me in the beta. 

While I am playing a few games now, 1 for crafting, 1 for combat and WoW.  This game appears to be the one that has everything.

It comes down to I've been so dissappointed with so many games for so long if this one has a bad release, or is just boring, I may have to leave the genre for awhile or be relegated to continued playing of 2-3 games to get any kind of enjoyment from them.

So here's hoping it does well.

Venge Sunsoar

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.

Comments

• Ammoth01Ammoth01 Member Posts: 23

i hope so too. ive heard a lot of hype about this game and hope it is as good as ppl say it !

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

It comes down to I've been so dissappointed with so many games for so long if this one has a bad release, or is just boring, I may have to leave the genre for awhile

I wish more people would do this instead of flocking to the next game on the horizon, risking the heartache all over again.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

I really really hope this game has a good release and is fun.  It has everything I am looking for, flight, housing, some pvp, good customization, a storyline and hence reason for playing, great graphics.
    Unfortunately the last game that had all or most of this (Vanguard) tanked with me in the beta. 
    While I am playing a few games now, 1 for crafting, 1 for combat and WoW.  This game appears to be the one that has everything.
    It comes down to I've been so dissappointed with so many games for so long if this one has a bad release, or is just boring, I may have to leave the genre for awhile or be relegated to continued playing of 2-3 games to get any kind of enjoyment from them.
    Venge Sunsoar

The thing about Aion which infuses interest in me the most is this paragraph of information :

" On a more macrocosmic level, Aion also promises to actually allow players to influence the progress of the storyline and the relationships between the various factions to a much greater degree than we've seen in the majority of MMOGs to date. Details of how, exactly, this will work are sketchy, but NCsoft has waxed lyrical on several occasions about creating a world where the actions of players will influence the outcome of various events, and shift the balance of power between the factions. "

If this is all true then we are going to see something very new in the Fantasy genre of  Mmorpg game-play.

Of course, other games have done this to a lesser or greater degree in the past - Final Fantasy XI, to pick an example, shifted power and control of regions between various different factions depending on the accomplishments of their players in the previous week. NCsoft seems to be suggesting something even more involved than that, however - and while we don't expect anything like the freedom of a game such as EVE Online, the potential for an evolving and adapting storyline in an MMOG is something we've been waxing lyrical about for years, so you'll forgive us a little frisson of excitement every time a developer looks like they're taking a step closer to that goal.

" When will the beta test start?

In lieu of beta testing, Aion fans will be given opportunities to participate in a small number of Preview events before the game's release. In addition to soliciting player feedback, the Preview events will help prepare for Aion's release, as well as provide a great gaming experience on launch day and beyond.

As with Aion's release date, the schedule of these Preview events will be announced in coming months. "

NCsoft is keeping its lips firmly pursed on that question, and a host of others - so for now, you'll just have to gawp at the lovely screenshots and videos, while we wait for the firm to start spilling the beans on what may well be its biggest new release since Lineage II.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265

Your last hop? :(

Noooo mr. bunny!

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

And that nails it, I'm also stuck MMO hopping trying to feed my need for everything I love in an MMO, basically everything FFXI gave me but with the functionalities of newer games, like jumping, solo leveling, diving in water ect..

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• FiresealMMOFiresealMMO Member Posts: 54

word. FFXI was a most innovative and fun MMORPG from the time it was released, no doubt about it.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Venge Sunsoar

You're not alone buddy, Aion for me is also my last 'hop' so to speak :P.

After being screwed by AoC and WAR proving a major disappointment Aion is the end of the road. Something about it feels fresh and I love the idea of having an eastern looking MMO suited for western tastes.

I don't have high expectations because in this industry it pays not to, but I am keenly looking towards it and really hope it pleasantly surprises me.

O_o o_O

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

NC soft are aiming for that next gen game, Both Aion and Guildwars 2 will have interactive worlds where the action of the players will affect the world around them. They are both on my list of intresting game, I will buy GW2, I havn't really decided on Aion yet...

The base on that is that I have enjoyed other games by the programming team behind GW2, like the first GW, and some of the games from when they still worked at Blizzard like Warcraft 3 and the first Diablo game (Yeah Diablo was together with the guys who made Hellgate London and it sucked but Strain was the creative guy in Diablo). Aion crew I don't really know so that is why I am more careful there.

But it sounds like NC soft will be one of the most intresting publisher in the coming few years, at least one of those 2 games will be big if not both.

• DawnJWDawnJW Member Posts: 108

The makers of Aion and GW2 aren´t the same, compare Aion to the same makers as Lineage 2, but then mroe into West Style.

Cheers,

Dawn

• coldfreedomcoldfreedom Member Posts: 132

i think this game can hop cause i saw in video.

• RafRaszRafRasz Member Posts: 6
    Yea this game will be rock I like L2 and this game is upgraded L2
  • YarisagosYarisagos Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by RafRasz

Well i hope the bots are not upgraded too.

This a real possibility, NcSoft has a horrible track record on banning bots.

For those that are not aware, L2 bot population is like 30 %, very sad.

They did nothing about them, actually they help them out, with changing PvP rules, so they couldn't drop their gear anymore.

As of right now, I am huge fan, i got a guild coming to play Aion, but I am going to be watching, if there is any sign, bye bye  and my guild goes with me.

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808

No more hopping? boooo

• rishakirishaki Member Posts: 181

No it wont, that would be L3. It got similaritys with wow and l2 but what game dosen't? This is porbebly not the next big title since it stuck to much with eq concept imo.  I will play war a bit than i will leav mmorpg alltogether untill i hear about a good game wich has what i have allways been looking for, freedom of choise in everything, linare games are gettig old.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    Originally posted by rishaki

No it wont, that would be L3. It got similaritys with wow and l2 but what game dosen't? This is porbebly not the next big title since it stuck to much with eq concept imo.  I will play war a bit than i will leav mmorpg alltogether untill i hear about a good game wich has what i have allways been looking for, freedom of choise in everything, linare games are gettig old.

How has this stuck with the EQ concept? i don't see this game having anything to do with EQ sorry but that is why i am asking this question.

The game has a lot of things going for it that these so called new titles have but could not deliver it has everything WAR has and more but supercharged,  has Beautiful Graphics with lowish System requirements ( *pokes AoC in the ribs*) There is not much in this game that there is to whine about it just about has everything and because ppl know it as L2's predecessor they think it is gonna be a grind and be full of bots, i have to ask every 1 that answers with these noobish remarks have you done any study on the game? you are all aware that they have addressed the possibilities of Bots and would doubt to see many if any in the game at all because of how the Core mechanics of the game works,

Grind ? not no more than what WoW is a grind it has already been said that the leveling curve is prolly just a little bit longer than WoW so cant be too bad. My suggestion to all the negative naysayers out there how about doing a little research on the game before flaming it you never know you may even learn a thing or too, it never hurts to keep ya brain active.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

People are going to be surprised, even with a storyline, when I played Aion I didn't feel it linear at all, only the first 10 levels (tutorial).

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

A lot of us are jaded and frankly tired of bouncing around from game-to-game, trying to find the one to call home. Many gamers dream of that one game where you can stay and meet people and become known through the time and effort they put into their characters.

The problem is most games don't stay entertaining long enough to stick with. I'm hoping Aion will keep me, and I think it will. I've been following it for years now and every other game I play just feels like an appetizer.

Cross your fingers.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

Hmm I just noticed that I said hop, meant to say hope.  However it actually still applies hehe.

Venge Sunsoar

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • araninaranin Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by rishaki

check out darkfall online then - can u say sandbox?

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Don't worry....Lineage and Lineage II's HUGE fan base of about 4 million dedicated players, outsiders too, I think Aion will have at least 2 million people stable when it comes out