Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of failure new low price.

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

wow...

its $30 big deal. most mmorpg go down in price after the first few months.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• RoseWaterRoseWater Member Posts: 21

it is still $49.99 on steam, but steam does tend to be a little more expensive :)

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808

They'd have to pay me to have that take up my HDD space.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by hobo9766

Failure never looked so cheap

Then most MMORPG must be failure's as most lower their prices after 3/4/5/6 months. Out of options Hobo?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

So what does this say about lotro, they're all but giving their game away for free? 30$ v 10$ hmm I guess AOC is in less trouble than lotro.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Malickie

So what does this say about lotro, they're all but giving their game away for free? 30$ v 10$ hmm I guess AOC is in less trouble than lotro.

WoW is $20. they must be screwd

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

Gotta admit $30 isn't too bad. Now when they get down to $3.99 like Tabula Rasa, then the laughter really starts. Another month or so....

• UruktosUruktos Member Posts: 153
    Originally posted by RoseWater

it is still $49.99 on steam, but steam does tend to be a little more expensive :)

Actually, its $60 on steam, and steam prices are set by Funcom i believe, not Eidos (because it is a digital platform).

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Do you use a Steam we don't know about? $49.99 on the Steam I am using...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by Reklaw

Then most MMORPG must be failure's as most lower their prices after 3/4/5/6 months. Out of options Hobo?

Not by $20 though $10 yes $15 pushing it. $20 in 4 months that is a sign of fail. Amazon will probably lower it even more I bet they have lots of aoc boxes sitting around collecting dust since they won't sell.
  • TsukieUTsukieU Member Posts: 559

To give a comparison, Pirates of the Burning Sea (which by all accounts is a dying MMO) didn't lower their price until 6 or 7 months into launch.

AoC must be experienceing some major hemorrhaging to lower the price that much this quickly.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by TsukieU

AoC must be experienceing some major hemorrhaging to lower the price that much this quickly.

Well AoC is loosing players fast so they need to do something to keep some decent subs numbers.

What they really should do is give some free trial asap.

I never liked the idea not having a free trial on MMO's, most of the companies do that when game becomes quite old.

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• arkady09arkady09 Member Posts: 245

While I doubt that is true about LOTRO, I know they are struggling right now.  AOC just recently fell below it on Xfire rankings... and while I know that Xfire means nothing, it is the only bar we have to compare things to.   LOTRO is having revenue generation issues as they allowed people to buy lifetime subs and those are pretty much the ones still playing.

MMORPG did a recent interview with the LOTRO folks at Turbine about how they can change the financial course the game is on presently.......

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

Does that mean Funcom will give me $20 back from the $50 they scammed me out of by only allowing me to play to 13 in the open beta that I got for preordering thereby making me believe the entire game was as good as Tortage?

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• pal18pal18 Member UncommonPosts: 45

Originally posted by Slampig
    US/euro price difference
  • BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Not by $20 though $10 yes $15 pushing it. $20 in 4 months that is a sign of fail. Amazon will probably lower it even more I bet they have lots of aoc boxes sitting around collecting dust since they won't sell.

First, you should get your numbers right. After checking out your link I see:

List price $49.99, price $34.99  you save $15.00 (30%).

As so many have said above, this is usual business... What's the point of this tread, to troll or to inform us of an amazon price?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Yup. I picked up LOTRO for 8 Euro's at a local shop. So 14 day free trial + 30 days for 8 euro's made 44 days of high quality mmo'ing for me :)

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

I have seen Lotro in several street shops in Europe for 5 and 6 Euro... I also was in Switzerland 2 months ago, it was 9 Swiss Francs, that's somewhere between 5 and 6 Euros aswell.... (-> 9$)

Originally posted by BigMango

First, you should get your numbers right. After checking out your link I see:
    List price $49.99, price $34.99  you save $15.00 (30%).
    As so many have said above, this is usual business... What's the point of this tread, to troll or to inform us of an amazon price?
    It was $29.99 earlier amazon raises their prices based on views and on web traffic. I'm not surprised they have raised it back up a bit now. Anyway you don't think a $20 deduction for game released 4 months ago is a bit too quick. Its an indication that something is wrong.
  • gamer2108gamer2108 Member Posts: 203

I wouldnt start playing it again if it was free and they payed me $15 a month (many of my friends have the same feelings).

It was $29.99 earlier amazon raises their prices based on views and on web traffic. I'm not surprised they have raised it back up a bit now. Anyway you don't think a $20 deduction for game released 4 months ago is a bit too quick. Its an indication that something is wrong.

No it is NOT a indication something is wrong, however in some way's many MMORPG seem to be wrong cause they all do it, this does not matter if it's a MMORPG actualy, single player games do it aswell, I think UT08 took the longest before they dropped the prices, all others where lowered within a few months after it's release and with many singleplayer game there was nothing wrong, it's just how business goes within this industry. Example of a succesfull single player game was the Orange Box/HalfLife2, I bought it at release, if I had waited 4 weeks I could pick the game up for 30% of it's original price, you gonna tell me the game was wrong?

Like I said before it seems you guy's are totaly out of options to bash FC or AOC so you look for just about anything to try and bash it. And many of you even dare to wonder what is happening to this industry, just take a look at the stretching you guy's do and you know why.

No it is NOT a indication something is wrong, however in some way's many MMORPG seem to be wrong cause they all do it, this does not matter if it's a MMORPG actualy, single player games do it aswell, I think UT08 took the longest before they dropped the prices, all others where lowered within a few months after it's release and with many singleplayer game there was nothing wrong, it's just how business goes within this industry. Example of a succesfull single player game was the Orange Box/HalfLife2, I bought it at release, if I had waited 4 weeks I could pick the game up for 50% of it's original price, you gonna tell me the game was wrong?
    Like I said before it seems you guy's are totaly out of options to bash FC or AOC so you look for just about anything to try and bash it. And many of you even dare to wonder what is happening to this industry, just take a look at the stretching you guy's do and you know why.

You got to be kidding me. No game is going to drop 50% in a month.

No it is NOT a indication something is wrong, however in some way's many MMORPG seem to be wrong cause they all do it, this does not matter if it's a MMORPG actualy, single player games do it aswell, I think UT08 took the longest before they dropped the prices, all others where lowered within a few months after it's release and with many singleplayer game there was nothing wrong, it's just how business goes within this industry. Example of a succesfull single player game was the Orange Box/HalfLife2, I bought it at release, if I had waited 4 weeks I could pick the game up for 50% 30% of it's original price, you gonna tell me the game was wrong?

You got to be kidding me. No game is going to drop 50% in a month.

No not kidding, merly a mistake of 50% should have been 30% not 50%

• ctzn99ctzn99 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Wrath of the Liche King is listed as 39.99 but on sale for 36.99 (an 8% savings) so it must also be showing signs of failing despite not yet being released.

The Pirate King: Transitions, Book II by RA Salvatore, listed as 27.95 but on sale for 18.45 (a 34% savings) so it's clearly a definate failure despite also not even being released yet.  EPIC BOOK FAIL. 

OR

Perhaps using Amazon's pricing model isn't the most accurate means of determining whether or not something has failed.

... transmitted on 100% recycled electrons ...