Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THIS SUCKS

My mid-west, USA town has lost alot of power due to the after effects of Hurricane Ike!  They are saying it might take 2-4 days to return power to everyone.

I'm missing out on WAR head start because of a Hurricane, and I live 12-15 hours away from the ocean!   THIS SUCKS!

Good luck in the game guys, hope its fun so far.  BTW, when does the regular pre order head start begin?, not the CE head start.  Just curious on how much time I'm gonna miss out on.

Comments

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

SE Headstart is Tuesday the 16th.

Don't know the time yet.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

Uh if your posting here why can't you play war?? the SE head start begins tomorrow

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

As far as I know the pre-order started before the weekend and will end on the 18th since that is the day of official release, at least here in the UK it is anyway.

imageimage

• SweeetSweeet Member Posts: 135

Ouch! That does suck dude - I feel your pain!

I hope you get your power back sharpish

To wank, or not to wank. The ultimate MMO sacrifice.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

That does suck.  On the upshot, a least you should be spared a great deal of the initial rush in the lowbie areas when you do get into the game.  That might make for a smoother experience than jumping in there with thousands of others on day 1. 

Frankly, as smuch as I love Warhammer Online, they didn't waste too much geography on the lower level content people will quickly grind their way through.  It's a good idea - Mythic knows better than most that htose lower level areas are just wasted space later on.  However, it also means we're going to be stomping hard all over eachothers toes on the opening days because there's simply not that many mobs to go around.

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by banthis

Uh if your posting here why can't you play war?? the SE head start begins tomorrow

Fortunately for me my work place power is NOT out, so I am able to go to work but not play video games when I go home LOL.  Totally screwed.  Thats cool SE head start is Tuesday, theres hope they might get the lights back on before then...  we'll see.

• coomscooms Member Posts: 219

dude just load up the WAR dics on ur work comp and dont go home. say ur doing over time or something rofl.

• EndlosEndlos Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Black_Elvis

My mid-west, USA town has lost alot of power due to the after effects of Hurricane Ike!  They are saying it might take 2-4 days to return power to everyone.
    I'm missing out on WAR head start because of a Hurricane, and I live 12-15 hours away from the ocean!   THIS SUCKS!
    Good luck in the game guys, hope its fun so far.  BTW, when does the regular pre order head start begin?, not the CE head start.  Just curious on how much time I'm gonna miss out on.

My power was off the entire day yesterday due to storms caused by that bloody thing.

I live in OHIO.

I'd've been pissed if I had the CE preorder.

EDIT and to answer your question, Tuesday the 16th for sure.  Current rumor puts the time at around 7am eastern.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Thats why I love Colorado. I only really have to worry about Blizzards and a tornado here and there.  Hurricanes dont effect us at all really.

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

I used to know a few folks that lived in florida, I totally feel for you folks that live on the hurricane belt.

Sorry to hear you can't join the fun m8 :/

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by cukimunga

Thats why I love Colorado. I only really have to worry about Blizzards and a tornado here and there.  Hurricanes dont effect us at all really.

Heck we hardly get Blizzards or Tornados that often anyways.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Why not just get a little backup generator for cases such as this? Good to have now and in the future for at least the computer.

• Reinier001Reinier001 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Silverthorn8

I used to know a few folks that lived in florida, I totally feel for you folks that live on the hurricane belt.
    Sorry to hear you can't join the fun m8 :/

I live in South FL

Hurricanes havent been so bad in the past few years for florida, most of them blow alot of air but as soon as they get near the coast they usually head into the gulf of mexico

I wanna move to NC though :) I love the mountains and cheap housing prices up there

• OverpowerOverpower Member Posts: 105

dammit, it's not fair at all for the people that live in southeastern Texas ( i live up north, thankfully ^^). I think they deserve a little boost or reward from Mythic for their missed opportunity of a headstart.

To Crybabies: Uhm...if a game pisses you off, don't play it - duh.
    To Crybabies - Part 2: If you want a game to suit all your needs, start off by going to college to become a Game Designer.
    Emo User Award: busdriver, for his love of Britney Spears - The Prize - Winning Posts

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

I wonder if that'd actually work.  Even if you brought up your computer, I suspect your ISP or something between it wouldn't have power.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Black_Elvis

i'm from florida? what can i say? alteast its only 2-4 days and not 2-4 weeks.

• FlemmonthangFlemmonthang Member Posts: 41

I'm confused.  Galveston is trashed and you are worried about missing out on game time?  Games are fun but at least you still have a house.