Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Classes! Interesting!

dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

The thing I find most interesting about MxO is that you are never locked into a class, so to speak, because your abilities and your character are essentially independant of one another.  My understanding is that basically you "plug in" your abilities like if you wanted to be a melee guy, then you "plug in" various melee moves.  Then, lets say later that night you go out with a group who needs a healer, then you just remove your melee abilities and "plug in" healer abilities.  So you are never locked into a particular class.

You hear all the time about all these other MMORPGs needing to implement an "after the fact" respec system.  MxO nips that in the bud right from the get go.

Comments

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Sounds neat, but sounds gay also.

I'm going to be uber... let me jack in.

Where's the fun in that?  It sounds like Guild Wars to me...

You don't earn your skills, just plug yourself in.

A World of Warcraft Guild

ICQ - 1229876

What will he do next?
  • aeric67aeric67 Member UncommonPosts: 798

It will be especially dumb if they emphasize following the movie over having good gameplay mechanics. That's the problem with basing games on anything outside creative freedom. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

It seems that there's really no point in creating any other characters besides your first one.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Achiever 46%, Socializer 33%, Explorer 33%

Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by Desalus

It seems that there's really no point in creating any other characters besides your first one.

Yea, that's pretty much the deal.  That's about the only interesting twist I see to this game really.  I'm not here to bash the game though, just thought I'd post about a unique concept which I found interesting. 
  • CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218
    Wow! Really thats great, classes are so restricting, good job Matrix!image

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• DietColaDietCola Member Posts: 11

ok you guys don’t seem to get it every level you get you get a ability codes so for instance a level 3 character wont be able to use a ability that’s a level 46  character or whatever wtf image<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />do you think you jest pick up the abilities out of nowhere? its not gay it makes perfect sense its jest like nothing youv ever played it acuratly capturs the style of the matrix in how “redpills” could learn a skill in mere seconds for example when trinity was going to fly the helicopter in the first movie she jest down loaded the information for her stored abilities codes. It whould be grate because it whouls cut out all the long grinds and the posebilitys are endless you can most likel be able to trade these ability codes, so you can have the perfect template!! image

• nitakrnnitakrn Member Posts: 179

ditto, abilities are unlocked by level, so no, anyone can't do anything, this goes along with good gameplay and the movies, to me at least.

I wouldn't say it's classless, but you aren't 'locked' into a class, if you want to be able to switch classes more easily you have to have the experience to do so.

Also, I heard MxO is kinda hard for the average gamer and I don't mean grinding, that's a plus in my book.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by DietCola

ok you guys don’t seem to get it every level you get you get a ability codes

Actually, that's not how it works.

so for instance a level 3 character wont be able to use a ability that’s a level 46  character or whatever

This is correct, however, not the way you think it works.

wtf image<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />do you think you jest pick up the abilities out of nowhere?

Uhh, no, I don't think that.

you can most likel be able to trade these ability codes, so you can have the

Quite possibly.

well i did my best !!! thats all i can say not evry thing will stay the same tho because they will almost sertanly teak the game more.. I jest cant wait t play it.  oh and thanks for the criteque of my post image

well i did my best !!! thats all i can say not evry thing will stay the same tho because they will almost sertanly teak the game more.. I jest cant wait t play it. oh and thanks for the criteque of my post image

Holy shit...where did you learn to spell?

yes im a very bad speller hah o well i dont care its not like it was illegible

Lamo

Yeah, sorry. It's just one of those things that annoys me. All is good though. ::::28::

• IowaYetiIowaYeti Member Posts: 468
    there are penalties for "unlearning" and you "do" need to earn experience, and pay monitarily for new abilities, it's actually very clever... and your mind can only handle so much info at one time.

~Yeti
    ...systems owned; Pong, ColecoVision, Commodore Vic20, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Intellivision I & II, Nintendo, SNES, Sega, Gamegear, 32x, Sega CD, Philips CDi, 3DO, Comp, Playstation, XBox (only a few I have not owned, yet probably played hehe)
    ...enjoying Fable & MKD currently.
    ...some live in a box, I live in a beta.
    2nd sig... http://home.mchsi.com/~tattooedyeti/MxO_Yeti.gif

~Yeti

• SnotrocketSnotrocket Member Posts: 21

I think its cool. Say you dont want to use guns anymore, so you can buy medic skills and jack in as a medic. Pretty neat to me, so you dont get bored right away plus theres alot of combos people will use to suit the group.

• NatoBoyNatoBoy Member Posts: 25
    yeh i agree being in a class is good but also crap, its anoying being mint at one thing and rubbish at lots of other things, i think this game is gonna be one of the best ever image

there is way too many things that need be fixed before a claim like that could ever be thought of.

~Yeti
    Desolation Guild Member - http://www.desolation-guild.org/
    EQ II Beta Tester
    2005 Release tester

~Yeti

• moxymundimoxymundi Member Posts: 8
    oh no...sounds like a planetside ripoff.  You use points to get new skills, but you can drop them to get other skills.  There is a time penalty you have to abide by in order to drop the new skills you just received though.  That might be how it works.  Sounds pretty sucky.  is there gonna be any pvp in this game?

Bark

Bark

• NatoBoyNatoBoy Member Posts: 25
    yeah i read that there is gonna be a pvp in the game aswell as loads of npcs

Originally posted by moxymundi
    is there gonna be any pvp in this game?

none currently, supposedly later.

~Yeti
    Desolation Guild Member - http://www.desolation-guild.org/
    EQ II Beta Tester
    2005 Release tester

~Yeti

• SwizarSwizar Member Posts: 22

I like this new idea. way guys

• DazedmasterDazedmaster Member Posts: 6

im a big matrix fan so im deffintly going to pick it up, i like the idea of being able to switch from class to class.  in alot of the other mmorpg that ive played, sometimes i wish i could switch to another class but im stuck with the class that i am. and nobody wants to start over when your at a high lvl.  i guess i realy wont know untli i play it.