Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THis game will be the best Sci-fil MMORPG Ever! Bar NONE!!

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Yes, as the closed beta gets closer, this will leave all other Sci-fi MMOS in its dust. I kid you not, there will be no better MMORPG!!

Comments

• ZooweyZoowey Member Posts: 17

You seem to be forgetting Star Trek Online, EVE-Online and Jumpgate Evolution. Stargate is an extremely tough IP to pull off, same with Star Trek. I really don't know if either can pull it off successfully, I doubt they can, or if both will be another over-hyped AoC.

• BlakeySGVBlakeySGV Member Posts: 106

I think it's pretty evident so far that CME is well on the way to pulling off a good adaptation of Stargate into the MMOG genre, especially with their commitment to having the game be story driven, and it will clearly offer very different game play from any sci fi game to date.

I have high hopes for the game, even with the very disappointing lack of attention they're giving their PvP systems (possibly a critical mistake they're making in my opinion).

• sirb1oodsirb1ood Member Posts: 17

PvP will likely be flushed out later, they have other game balancing things they need to take care of first... network speed, data transfer optomization, heavy server load tests and of course tweaking the battle system.

Having been a HUGE SG-1 fan, I have high hopes for this game as well. 

Other than using gate travel, I would like to see how they take care of long distance traveling, as most people won't want to 'run' to the other side of a given planet/map...

I would also like to see what thoughts they give to crafting and money making skills...

• freakworldfreakworld Member Posts: 67

I want in this GAME!!!

I have bata tested many games. But this is the only one I just want in on. And not in yet.

• yeeaahyeeaah Member Posts: 1

Yeah i'm calling it early this will be bigger than WOW!!

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

Nope, already played Tabula Rasa once and regretted it. Don't feel like trying it's second cousin.

Fallen Earth will be the best sci-fi mmorpg ever.

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477

OP, don't over hype any game before it is released. Every single MMO has been over hyped and has overly dissapointed the masses. I keep my expectations very low so I am never dissappointed.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Well, variety is nice....just support the game and you are supporting the industry. 

I prefer melee combat in all the games I play, even sci fi games.  Pre-CU SWG was my favorite and there will be no sci fi game that will match it...except for CRUSADES by vizualfx.

• ICEBLUEICEBLUE Member UncommonPosts: 58

I just hope they use a more realistic approach to combat and dont make it take a bunch of shots from guns or other devices to drop someone. I would rather see more of what you would see in the TV shows, a lot of misses and the occational hit the really does serious damage. Maybe these guys will break the MMO mold of many hits to kill something.

• PolarJerrPolarJerr Member Posts: 4

This game has a ton of potential, I mean if you were to develop a franchise from the ground up for the sole purpose of making an mmorpg out of it, you couldn't do better than the Stargate franchise. I think this is going to be an awesome game, the story, universe and characters are all there, they just need to fill in the mechanics.

• Bugg1322Bugg1322 Member Posts: 3

I can't wait to see if you are proved right.  That would be

• p0r4p0r4 Member Posts: 7

As a long time Stargate fan, I am looking forward to this....