Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pvp Question and Premadeath

EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

After reading about the permadeath and bloodlines, things seem interesting. Normal temp death but the longer you play allows for people to start over, doing away with people being stuck at high levels all the time. Which I think is great. I disliked that in Everquest, a lot of the time it was hard to find a group cause a lot of people were playing the high level material that was released with the expansions. The whole bloodline not only allows you to level faster with a character kinda keeps the whole world populated at a lot of the levels it seems. So you could have a 2nd bloodline character grouping with a newbie, etc. Not a bad way of doing things. When I first heard permadeath I thought it wouldn't work but this setup, under special events along with normal death like other games could be very well done.

PvP is something I'm having trouble with.

http://www.realmsofkrel.com/pvp.html#1

"Will PvP be required?
If you choose to simply practice trade skills, explore, or quest, than that type of lifestyle will also be viable. Further, the Lore team will deliberately incorporate non-combat players into the lore, to accurately depict the wide spectrum of professions in the world."

If there are no safe zones, how will being able to explore and quest even be viable if you don't want to deal with PvP? Is it going to be similar to Star Wars Galaxies where its basicly a switch? Or will the world be faction based for the most part. While its open PvP you fight those of the oposing faction, in that your lands are safe but the enemy could still make his or her way into the lands(would be rather hard?).

Have they explained who these things would be viable if PvP isn't required?

Comments

• JimberflyJimberfly Member UncommonPosts: 65

PvP isn't required to progress in the game.

In other words, it isn't like Planetside where the only way you can develop your character is through pvp battles. You can develop your character through PvE, however PvP will be inevitable because there are no safe zones.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

there are penalties for attacking members of your own race...

• NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 9

There are penalties only in areas, where killing is prohibited by law. If a oder/guild decides to legalise killing on its territory, then there are no penalties (except facticon and aligment modifikations). In the wilderness there are also no penalties, because there are no laws.

• notalentnotalent Member Posts: 123

so in other words the pvp system is sweet image

• DietColaDietCola Member Posts: 11
    thats weird that you have to have children dos that mean that you have to be married and if your not how can you have children what if you die befor you have children dos that mean the game is over!!image

• NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 9
    Not every death is a permanent one. Permadeath ocures only on special ocasions. You do not have to be married in order to have children.

• MalianeaMalianea Member Posts: 314

You can adopt a child to continue your Bloodline if you do not marry.

As far as PvP goes ... This game is centered on PvP. Anyone that dilikes PvP will do better choosing a different game.

Malianea

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

just a note(s)

-Your character WILL perma-die after 500 plaid hours

-This game doesn't have levels, it's skill based.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Originally posted by DietCola
    thats weird that you have to have children dos that mean that you have to be married and if your not how can you have children what if you die befor you have children dos that mean the game is over!!image

Since when is marriage required for producing children?
    Ive never heard of anyone that'd experienced some kind of physical barrier during sex.
    dos dos dos dos... your making me crazy.

I CREATED MYSELF!

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

well is like rl u go there @ and i some one wanna kill u he can but the law can punish him if on that land is no law well bad luck

BestSigEver :P

• glittermageglittermage Member Posts: 28

Will there be healers who can achieve high enough levels to ressurect?

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by glittermage
    Will there be healers who can achieve high enough levels to ressurect?

yaa u can w8 4 rezz or go bind point

BestSigEver :P

• minearminear Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by kishe
    just a note(s)-Your character WILL perma-die after 500 plaid hours-This game doesn't have levels, it's skill based.
    If you die from being ownd your character is not lost or gone you will come back to life but if you die like 15 times in 2 hours you will lose touch with the real world and permantly die,and yes you permadeath occurs after 500 hours but you should have a kid by hten and he will carry on to learn the skill you had rapidly and his kid faster and so on. So you really are not playing a character your are playing a bloodline,an empire,a legacy! So you really have to screw up for perma death to wipe out your bloodline!

Your fist toon in the bloodline will only go so far but the next toon in the bloodline will far surpass your first one ans so on and so on! hopefully that describes it a little better

If sharing my all knowing wisdom offends you I apologize........kinda!

• mehrmehr Member Posts: 2

perma dead after a certain play time and reroll same pve grind over and over oh wait you dont need to spend 60 hours pve grind only 59,9 with your next child. Of course you will do the excact same boring timesinks over and over. So this pointless timesink is called roleplay rofl bad joke. Well, this game wont go very far anyway permadead is just a cheap way to keep ppl playing nothing more.

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

permadead is just a cheap way to keep ppl playing nothing more

If this is a cheap ploy to keep people playing more than 3-6 months like I have in many other MMORPG's. Ok then give me cheap! ::::17::

www.darthmyr.com

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

Originally posted by mehr
    perma dead after a certain play time and reroll same pve grind over and over oh wait you dont need to spend 60 hours pve grind only 59,9 with your next child. Of course you will do the excact same boring timesinks over and over. So this pointless timesink is called roleplay rofl bad joke. Well, this game wont go very far anyway permadead is just a cheap way to keep ppl playing nothing more.
    No it is more like palying 500 hours and advancing your first toon then he dies and your child takes over and it takes him 100 hours to get back to where you were then 400 more to advance then he/she dies then the next one advances even further and so on then when you have had like 5 blood lines you will probably own any body out there untill they advance that far!

P.S dont post and flame a game if you have no intention of playing it at all
    ::::27::

• aeric67aeric67 Member UncommonPosts: 798

If I am understanding your broken English correctly, this game sounds quite interesting... Off to read the FAQs!

yaeh I know I type like I am a two year old when I try to explain something hypothetically :)