Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamestop never sent out email codes for CE

I was told many times and now I agree, I will never do business with Gamestop/ebgames again.

So I pre-ordered the collector's edition of warhammer back in March 28th 2008. They gave me the pre-order box that they give everyone but they never emailed me the collector’s registration codes. So Live game head start has begun and I have been calling several gamestop locations and reading through tons of websites to find out that gamestop screwed up. So I called gamestop again and asked for them to re-send the email which I am still waiting for. Maybe hopefully I will still be able to get into the collector's edition event.

And no the email did not go into my junk folder.

Comments

• CoyoteturkeyCoyoteturkey Member Posts: 102

I doubt it will happen for ya, just wait till tuesday man. I will never pre-order with gamestop after this agian.

• LeepeFoxLeepeFox Member Posts: 17

Yeah checked EA mythic. Looks like we will be doing this

I Pre-Ordered the Game, however I never received my codes. What can I do?

Mythic Entertainment and Electronic Arts have provided all retailers with sufficient, and in some cases extra, codes for Pre-Order customers. Mythic Entertainment and Electronic Arts will not be supplying retailers with any additional codes. All Pre-Order customers must talk with their retailers regarding codes. Players who pre-ordered the Standard Edition at a store should receive a Pre-Order box containing their codes (supplies are limited), online customers will receive their codes electronically.

If you have pre-ordered a Collector's Edition and your retailer has not provided you with pre-order codes by the time we launch, your account will be credited with 4 days of game time (in addition to the 30 days included with the box) and you will receive the two pre-order bonus items in appreciation of your patience when you register your retail key. Please note: This is for Collector's Editions only.

• mrskippymrskippy Member CommonPosts: 114

I got codes, but they don't work. Told GameStop that they can credit me with the $30 difference (Gift Card being acceptable).

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

yeah, I know some people who ordered the CE and didn't get the codes, I think that people ordered the CE in order to get such codes, so yeah that's bad news, I feel bad for the people who didn't get the CE codes, then again the ones who did are in this queue

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by LeepeFox

Yeah checked EA mythic. Looks like we will be doing this

I Pre-Ordered the Game, however I never received my codes. What can I do?
    Mythic Entertainment and Electronic Arts have provided all retailers with sufficient, and in some cases extra, codes for Pre-Order customers. Mythic Entertainment and Electronic Arts will not be supplying retailers with any additional codes. All Pre-Order customers must talk with their retailers regarding codes. Players who pre-ordered the Standard Edition at a store should receive a Pre-Order box containing their codes (supplies are limited), online customers will receive their codes electronically.
    If you have pre-ordered a Collector's Edition and your retailer has not provided you with pre-order codes by the time we launch, your account will be credited with 4 days of game time (in addition to the 30 days included with the box) and you will receive the two pre-order bonus items in appreciation of your patience when you register your retail key. Please note: This is for Collector's Editions only.

I'm one of the suckers that ordered the CE from gamestop as well(and didn't get codes).  So how do I ensure I can get the 4 days of game time and the bonus items?

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • odragonodragon Member Posts: 106

I called the 800 number for them and asked if I could get the confirmation email resent. Had it in my inbox within 10 minutes of dialing the number.

I even had him put in special codes in the subject line so my filter does not mistake it for spam.

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by odragon

I called the 800 number for them and asked if I could get the confirmation email resent. Had it in my inbox within 10 minutes of dialing the number.
    I even had him put in special codes in the subject line so my filter does not mistake it for spam.

What number was that ?  Please tell :)

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

My codes were on the receipt when I preordered from gamestop back in March. Did you look there?

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

I got a ticket back in long time ago, im not sure what happend to the ticket .   I did pay it off so, no luck there.

• LeepeFoxLeepeFox Member Posts: 17

Well everything has been sorted out, I called gamestop corperate at 1-800-883-8895 and they asked for my recipt information. Then 2 hours later they emailed me the CE codes.

• teknicianteknician Member UncommonPosts: 270

I think it's just random occurrences.  I've heard people complain about ordering months ago and not getting codes as well as last minute and not getting codes.  I know the system should work correctly, but considering the number of people ordering and the fact that computer systems and email aren't perfect, it's understandable a number of people didn't get emails for one reason or another. 

I ordered from Gamestop last week when they put up that last batch of CE boxes.  As soon as I ordered, I got an order confirmation email that included OB, HS and my special items codes.

Originally posted by Threetowns

Originally posted by odragon

What number was that ?  Please tell :)

"Please contact us at [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (CST) Saturday and Sunday."

• CyBloodreignCyBloodreign Member Posts: 33

Chalk it up to a life lesson never buy pre-order anything from gamestop or EB games. They never do as promised and always oversell stock. Know some friends who preordered CE from them but dont have codes becuase they sold more ce than they actually had.

I could tell you my life lesson but that is errelevent becuase you now have one also.

EB Games/ Gamestop preorders = headache and anger

WISH I COULD HELP!!!

• QforQQforQ Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by Coyoteturkey

I doubt it will happen for ya, just wait till tuesday man. I will never pre-order with gamestop after this agian.

Agreed, at least I will never pre-order an MMO from Gamestop *in store* ever again.  I did the same thing as the OP, pre-ordered the CE back in May and they never gave me my key.  When I went back, they gave me an SE key instead.  I didn't know this until I went home and put it in the website...

Very lame and very unimpressed with Gamestop.  Good job guys, you just lost my business.

Sam "QforQ" Houston
    Senior Social Media Marketing Coordinator
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://www.PerfectWorld.com/blog

• teknicianteknician Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Originally posted by CyBloodreign

Chalk it up to a life lesson never buy pre-order anything from gamestop or EB games. They never do as promised and always oversell stock. Know some friends who preordered CE from them but dont have codes becuase they sold more ce than they actually had.
    I could tell you my life lesson but that is errelevent becuase you now have one also.

EB Games/ Gamestop preorders = headache and anger

WISH I COULD HELP!!!

You forgot to add "IMO".  I have pre-ordered numerous games through Gamestop/EB, online and in-store in at least half a dozen stores in three different states and have never had an issue with anything.  In fact, the only issue I have ever had with Gamestop at all is buying a used game that wouldn't run in my 360 because it was too scratched up, so they replaced it.

• tom110tom110 Member Posts: 13

I'd recommend buying a box people..  if possible, or not pre-ordering at all. So many people are having problems with the keys via digital download, I still haven't gotten mine

Just read the small print folks. I know this looks like a wall of text, but read this faq:

http://warherald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=221

• ulberonulberon Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by LeepeFox

I was told many times and now I agree, I will never do business with Gamestop/ebgames again.
    So I pre-ordered the collector's edition of warhammer back in March 28th 2008. They gave me the pre-order box that they give everyone but they never emailed me the collector’s registration codes. So Live game head start has begun and I have been calling several gamestop locations and reading through tons of websites to find out that gamestop screwed up. So I called gamestop again and asked for them to re-send the email which I am still waiting for. Maybe hopefully I will still be able to get into the collector's edition event.

And no the email did not go into my junk folder.

Everyone needs to stop buying anything from gamestop / ebgames.  They are very unprofessional and treat all their customers like juveniles with their mother's credit card.  Buy from amazon.com.  You get the codes INSTANTLY, the minute you order, that section, the codes were in my download second.  None of this waiting for an e-mail BS.  There is an article Maddox wrote about CompUSA, and their teenage staff, it applies to gamestop as well.

Stop giving them your money!

Original Article:

www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi