Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They knew this was going to happen..

I been a fan of WAR ever since i started playing but they knew come head start there was going to be queues...i wouldnt care if it was 20 mins or so but 2 hours and theres only 700 players on the entire realm order/destruction combined?. If i lose my head start im canceling my preorder for sure.

Comments

• ItirelItirel Member Posts: 88

2 hours is hardly 3 days head start.

• ManJunkManJunk Member Posts: 273

Ok.

• NogginNoggin Member Posts: 808
    Originally posted by Itirel

4 days I beleive.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by syxx

I been a fan of WAR ever since i started playing but they knew come head start there was going to be queues...i wouldnt care if it was 20 mins or so but 2 hours and theres only 700 players on the entire realm order/destruction combined?. If i lose my head start im canceling my preorder for sure.

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt the fact that the headstart and Item codes have been sent to you pretty much nullify any chances of cancelling the order?

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt the fact that the headstart and Item codes have been sent to you pretty much nullify any chances of cancelling the order?

I think you can cancel any time before the 18th when the game officially launches.

They should have called the head start 'Open Beta +'.

• syxxsyxx Member Posts: 187
    Originally posted by Noggin

I think you can cancel any time before the 18th when the game officially launches.

Aye you can cancel any time before the 18th,

And to the other guy....If you go to login and have to wait 2 hours everytime you login...your pretty much losing the head start ...especially if you accidently get DC or something...

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

Seriously, stop crying already. 

• ItirelItirel Member Posts: 88

4 days I beleive.

My bad. Maths... I don't understand it.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

Glad im in the second wave of head start (not really but..) let you CE guys solve all the problems.  hehe

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

4 days I beleive.

My bad. Maths... I don't understand it.

Not my strong point either, I hope the picture helps though.

Oh, i have a question;  im set for the 16th, when I log in right now i get nothing really, thought I might get a patch.  anyway, is there anything in a .cfg file you had to change?

Or is it just log in the the beta directory and get the live patch?

• fuellefuelle Member Posts: 44

I am sure there is a server that doesnt have a 2 hour queue, so you are not going to get anything but ridicule from people here.  L2NotPlayOnTyrion

• syxxsyxx Member Posts: 187
    Originally posted by Channce

Oh, i have a question;  im set for the 16th, when I log in right now i get nothing really, thought I might get a patch.  anyway, is there anything in a .cfg file you had to change?
    Or is it just log in the the beta directory and get the live patch?

The patch is really small so your all set, now unless they add something huge on the 18th we dont know yet.

• Syyth007Syyth007 Member Posts: 250

I suppose I was lucky I didnt encounter any of the queues during OB, but I'm sure I will encounter some the 16th.  Are the servers full or is it a queue for the Order/Destruction population balance?  You can always try different servers choosing an underpopulated side (order, as it's been during OB). It sucks not being able to play your main on your main server but it might be possible to start an alt army during peak hours if the queue is too long for your main character.

ACK! and to think that i ordered CE of AoC and only regular edition for WAR..what a dork i was.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Aye you can cancel any time before the 18th,

I stand corrected :).

• JatwhalJatwhal Member Posts: 162

Good news since I'm still 5 hours away with Torrent DL for a total of 20 hours.

Couldn't get fileplanet to work.........

I would like to state that in no way shape or form that anything I receive from SOE influences my opinion about SWG or their company. I’m pretty much a typical average player enjoying the game.

• sansdixonsansdixon Member Posts: 42

Wow had far greater issues at launch. I recall server crashes and just as long of waits to get on.