Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTH, 1-11 Order == 12-20 Order...

I dont get how drastically player skill changes in this gap.

Do any RVR(on Abhorash at least) 1-11 and Order will dominate Destruction, just smash them into the ground. 500-50 Scenario wins, constant domination in new emskrank...

...but as soon as you hit Troll Country/Ostland its like they all become brainless idiots. I have NEVER been in a winning tier 2 scenario, as a matter of fact I have lost several by 500-single digits... Even 500-3 in one game.

Then play world RvR and slaughter is what you will get. Constantly being pushed back with the only advances coming when some destruction players get bored and move on.

Now I have two explanations for this.

1st, Its Beta and the skilled players dont want to spend their time playing characters who will get wiped.

2nd, The lack of Tanks cripples Order when it comes to making advances. They just dont have the muscle to push into the Destruction lines without adequate tank support, of which you will find perhaps 2 in a large fight compared to 8-10 destruction tanks. Combine that with the fact that in the early zones the classes are not mixed well and later on that is not an issue.

My guess is that its mostly the 2nd with a little of the first.

Comments

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

On some servers I tried the exact opposite was true.

I'd play 1-11 and Destro would dominate.  Then hit 12-21 and the reverse was true.  I think it comes down to basics of betas... testing, having fun, etc.  The guys in the t2 stuff during beta KNOW what they want to do and do it well, which is why you get to t2 senarios and the tables turn.

I would expect this to continue all the way to t4... so you can't really tell what sides gonna be the "best"  just play your perfered class/race and have fun.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

I'm reading these words, and not entirely understanding what they mean.   However, what I think you're saying is that early scenario PvP seems to be in Order's favor while late scenario PvP and RvR seems to be favoring Destruction.

I'm not so sure a "lack of tanks" have anything to do with it.  Dwarves and Elves both have dedicated tank classes, and the Warrior Priests are pretty effective tanks even though they're healers.

I think it has a lot more to do with just general population and skill.  A lot of PvP players tend to favor the more chaotic faction just because they like a licence to raise hell.  Once players catch up and start revising their tactics, it's likely things will become much more interesting.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Originally posted by Magsato

I dont get how drastically player skill changes in this gap.
    Do any RVR(on Abhorash at least) 1-11 and Order will dominate Destruction, just smash them into the ground. 500-50 Scenario wins, constant domination in new emskrank...
    ...but as soon as you hit Troll Country/Ostland its like they all become brainless idiots. I have NEVER been in a winning tier 2 scenario, as a matter of fact I have lost several by 500-single digits... Even 500-3 in one game.
    Then play world RvR and slaughter is what you will get. Constantly being pushed back with the only advances coming when some destruction players get bored and move on.
    Now I have two explanations for this.
    1st, Its Beta and the skilled players dont want to spend their time playing characters who will get wiped.
    2nd, The lack of Tanks cripples Order when it comes to making advances. They just dont have the muscle to push into the Destruction lines without adequate tank support, of which you will find perhaps 2 in a large fight compared to 8-10 destruction tanks. Combine that with the fact that in the early zones the classes are not mixed well and later on that is not an issue.
    My guess is that its mostly the 2nd with a little of the first.

First it depends on the players themselves.  Secondly the complaint about tanks is something to be brought up within the realm itself.  For example, on my destruction server there was a distinct lack of healing so, I addressed the situation and rolled up a zealot.  Iron Breakers are just as good, if not better in outright tanking ability than a chosen and a SM is pretty much on par with the Black Orc.  Maybe your healing isn't up to snuff?  Maybe you shouldn't be playing a BW (just a guess as that's what 90% of order players seem to roll) and try out a tank or healer? :)